Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Help Non-Retro Uprising Questions. Programming help, tech support, self help, advice, the meaning of life - it goes here.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Support > Help

Old 10-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
Donor
441 posts
Jack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,150, Level: 28 Points: 12,150, Level: 28 Points: 12,150, Level: 28
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 300 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 53%
Activity: 53% Activity: 53% Activity: 53%

Jack Bando

Re: Can't get controller to work.

Got it to work somehow. There's a switch in the back of my controller they say always leave on setting A, NEVER go to B. I flipped it back and forth and now it works. ty everyone
Old 10-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bando View Post
Got it to work somehow. There's a switch in the back of my controller they say always leave on setting A, NEVER go to B. I flipped it back and forth and now it works. ty everyone
So.... why is there a B?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Maybe B is for other devices like consoles?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Donor
441 posts
Jack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsJack Bando radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,150, Level: 28 Points: 12,150, Level: 28 Points: 12,150, Level: 28
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 300 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 53%
Activity: 53% Activity: 53% Activity: 53%

Jack Bando

I have no idea why there's two settings. And after further tinkering I don't think that was the problem.

Logitech has a program called Logitech Profiler, if it's off my controller works on RU
Old 03-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
New Poster
2 posts
gee is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 62 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

gee

im having a similar problem, i am unable to configure my xbox controller on every game except road rash 2....dont know why !!!!
When i open options go to configure and when it says press the button for up it wont recognise the button but works for the first game i played with it- road rash 2...?
Old 07-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
Donor
22 posts
BankBank has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,187, Level: 13 Points: 2,187, Level: 13 Points: 2,187, Level: 13
Level up: 42%
Level up: 42%, 263 Points needed Level up: 42% Level up: 42%

BankBank

I'm having a similar issue as Jack Bando. USB Saturn pad. works fine in 'Set up USB game controllers', works in windows/other programs with joy2key, but in retrouprising it won't work at all

gonna try rebooting I guess lol

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

can't see where to edit my post but wanted to say that i tried default emu with same USB controller on my netbook and everything worked fine (didn't even need to use joy2key)

so probably this pc needs a reboot, finnicky windows
Old 07-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

So did you get it fixed? If not, what system and play mode are you trying.

You should only need a program like Joy2Key here if you are playing in Flash or Java.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
Donor
22 posts
BankBank has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,187, Level: 13 Points: 2,187, Level: 13 Points: 2,187, Level: 13
Level up: 42%
Level up: 42%, 263 Points needed Level up: 42% Level up: 42%

BankBank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
So did you get it fixed? If not, what system and play mode are you trying.

You should only need a program like Joy2Key here if you are playing in Flash or Java.
I had to reboot, it had been... a long time win 7 64-bit pro
Old 07-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27
Level up: 63%
Level up: 63%, 339 Points needed Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

KATZ

i tried restarting and my 360 controller still isnt registering
Old 07-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

Is Windows recognizing it? Go to control panel. Devices and Printers. Right click the controller. Go to settings. Then properties. Then test the controller.

If it works there then what system and play mode are you trying?
Old 07-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27
Level up: 63%
Level up: 63%, 339 Points needed Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

KATZ

its worked for everything else on my pc, on RU i once got it to work with the genesis but nothing else, i've been trying score mode on gameboy (i occasionally get the left button to work)
Old 07-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Plug controller in.
Wait 10 seconds. 1 second should be plenty but wait 10 to be sure.
Click the Score Mode link.
After game starts press Tab key.
In menu change inputs using the control pad.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #13
247 posts
SMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,569, Level: 22 Points: 6,569, Level: 22 Points: 6,569, Level: 22
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 681 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

SMASH

I did figure something out for controller issues. If you have another client of mame open, you cannot use a joystick. I was messing around with a newer client and I didn't close it, then I loaded up RU and my controller didn't work. I was like wtf, it was just working in mame. Then I figured out that if you have another session that is actively using the controller, it binds to that client.
"What do you mean how, because I'm Billy Mitchell." Haters gonna hate
Old 07-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Glad you figured it out. That is an example of something that would be extremely difficult to troubleshoot online but easy to figure out with Team Viewer.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
247 posts
SMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,569, Level: 22 Points: 6,569, Level: 22 Points: 6,569, Level: 22
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 681 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

SMASH

Yea it drove me crazy for about 10 minutes. I was playing on wolfmame then loaded RU and then I had a dead joystick. Opened and closed the ru window like 10 times, and closed the browser and cleared cache. Then I finally closed mame and loaded up ru again and it worked.
"What do you mean how, because I'm Billy Mitchell." Haters gonna hate