Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Forum Games Multi-player text games played by posting.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Forum Games

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2015, 01:08 AM   #1
Regular Poster
706 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,075, Level: 25 Points: 9,075, Level: 25 Points: 9,075, Level: 25
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 675 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

ARedLetterDay

RU's Very Own Murder Mystery!

So this might not fully get off the ground, but, hey! I'd like to bring some activity into the board, so let's get into the premise! This is also just a rough draft I typed up fairly quickly so any suggestions or changes to the rules will be welcomed!

Participants --

Anywhere from five to ten people can play.

Rules --

The game will be played in a series of five rounds. Each round will consist of a couple different stages.

" Mingling ". This will occur in this thread, general debauchery that can be anything from slinging insults at each other to discussing politics. Whenever another participant wishes, they can engage another participant in the following step:

" Interrogation ". This is where the game breaks off from your normal murder mystery forum game, and might be where it falls apart. The two players will discuss which game they wish to compete in (so, for example, me and DB would compete in Donkey Kong for NES); whoever has the highest score will be able to gather a clue (point). A couple things about this step:

- It can be from any system, but if it's an arcade game, the participants each get 1 extra chance to improve on their score. Whatever the higher score is, that'll be the score you'll submit. Nobody has to record the video or anything, just a screenshot of the final score will suffice. When the extra chance is used, the player must restart their game, not use the in-game continue function (unless the continue sets them back to the beginning of the game).

- There is honor invoked. No cheating or farming for points, yes, since there is no video recorded or anything neither player (or the designated mods) will be able to tell if someone farmed, but I expect both participants to act honorably and how they would want to be treated.

Once the clue (point) is gathered, the opposing player is given another chance to participate in the above step (mingling) and call out another player if they choose to, though they only get a partial clue (half point) if they win.
Whoever has the most points at the end of the round is allowed to make an

"Accusation". A random player will be designated the murderer via PM. It can be anybody, or any. . . thing. It costs, in effect, all of your points to make an accusation. If you make the accusation incorrectly, the person with the next most points makes an accusation. This will go on for the top five people with the most points.

You will be able to tell who the person is by sheer instinct -- if they're acting just a touch off in the mingling portion, or, say, if they're a little bit too aggressive in the debate on the gas prices being too damn high, then that could be it. Or maybe they're playing it cool (nobody will challenge me to a game! I'm too cool for these cats, I'm the killer!).

You just have to use your brains!

If nobody guesses the killer by the time the fifth person is done, the round ends, and the killer is awarded a point. However, if the killer is revealed, that person gets no point, and the accuser gets a point.

At the end of the game, whoeever has the most points wins. . .
some prize yet to be determined.

What do you all think? Any questions about the rules? Any suggestions? Or is it just fine the way it is?

---------- Post added 03-26-2015 at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-20-2015 at 02:41 AM ----------

Bumping this back up.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)