Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 12-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

CrispyChicken

Anime Recommendation

Alright, I'm looking to watch a new anime (sort of), since Bleach only comes on once a week, and I'm on/off watching DVDs of Dragonball.

Most of you here seem to know good anime, so any recommendations for an anime that you'd think I'd like. Ex: Dragonball, DBZ, DBZ GT, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist (Very little I watched) are some examples.

Any help?

Ones I am considering:
Death Note (My bro finished it and its only 26 episodes)
Zatch Bell (Is this anime any good?)
Cowboy Bebop (Ive heard this was good)
Hellsing (Same as Cowboy Bebop)
InuYasha (A friend telling me to watch it)
So, these are the things people are telling I should watch based on what I like. Anyone else have an Anime they can suggest to me? Thanks in advance
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 12-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Re: Anime Recommendation

I really like Ninja Scroll but it's not the typical cutesy crap I see you guys talking about all the time.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

DB:
Quote:
it's not the typical cutesy crap I see you guys talking about all the time.
It sounds like you might enjoy Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro - Chan.

: Cutesy crap meets Mortal Kombat - style fatalities!
{Extremely gory and not for the faint of heart}
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Fail.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

I know it's not the best Anime.

I'm just suggesting something for DB, to explore the depths of his apparent hatred of CUTE.
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

I think he meant fail because your link is not working.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #8
Donor
815 posts
Smittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 686 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

Smittycal

+1 Tenser

Ive seen a lot of those shows. Rideback is a good one to get into.

For series I would recommend:
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Iron Man (the anime)
Wolverine (the anime)
Super Robot War Taisen OG
Armored Trooper VOTOMS – Phantom Arc
GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Panda Z(cutesy but funny)
FMA Brotherhood

Anime Movies:
Grave of the Fireflies
Sword of the Stranger
Tokyo Godfathers
Karas
Black Rock Shooter OVA
http://www.scuffletown.org/wp-content/image/neverends1.gif
Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63

Kugyince

Black Rock Shooter was good as Smitty mentioned.

I also just finished watching the last episode of Katangatari which was really good.
Katanagatari - MyAnimeList.net

Old 12-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #10
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty
Wolverine (the anime)
This was actually good? From the trailer it looked awful.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #11
Donor
815 posts
Smittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

Smittycal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
This was actually good? From the trailer it looked awful.
It wasnt that bad...but not that great either lol...but I recommend it because its a familiar character for people trying to get familiar with anime...

For us vets...ummm the animation is good?

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
+1 Smitty

After awhile you really do get quite good at reading subtitles. Most viewers who watch subs grow so acclimated to reading subs that you don't even notice it anymore. Plus subs are often released only 2 or 3 days after the show is aired for the first time in Japan.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Baka.
Lol...Baka des ka?

Dijoubu des.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Thanks everyone. It seems like most of these are OVA only. (Most of you are going to hate me for this) but I prefer English dub more because that's basically what I grew up with and I could never get into watching it on Japenese subs. So if you haven't left this topic in disgust yet... Are there any dubbed animes that anyone can recommend? (And if they are dubbed, I apologize, I barely had a chance to look at them yet)

I'm going to watch Death Note probably this week and finish it fairly fast since it only has 26 episodes.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 12-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #13
Donor
815 posts
View Stats

Smittycal

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Thanks everyone. It seems like most of these are OVA only. (Most of you are going to hate me for this) but I prefer English dub more because that's basically what I grew up with and I could never get into watching it on Japenese subs. So if you haven't left this topic in disgust yet... Are there any dubbed animes that anyone can recommend? (And if they are dubbed, I apologize, I barely had a chance to look at them yet)

I'm going to watch Death Note probably this week and finish it fairly fast since it only has 26 episodes.
When I started watching anime I felt the same way..but the more I tried to watch the subbed version the more I learned to appreciate how the original anime was intended to be watched.

Plus the issue I find with some dubbed shows is that the voices for some characters are changed altogether. It could go from a deep older male voice to a squeaky american voice in some instances.

Plus I found that A LOT of great anime never get dubbed due to the fact that there to "out there" for american audiences.

I would recommend starting with one dubbed series and one subbed series then going from there...you'll thank me for it in the long run!

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Dubbed?

Sorry, that's just horrible...

You were right. I do hate you for that.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Also, OVAs come in both dubbed and subbed versions as well. OVA stands for Original Video Animation and is used to catagorize anime that is neither a regular TV series nor a movie.

None of my recommendations were OVAs.
Otaku!!

Im a subbed over dubbed person as well but I started out looking for good english dubbed...which are hard to find lol.

There are some good exceptions but overall there arent that many

Comments

Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #14
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

joz

Quote:
but I prefer English dub more because that's basically what I grew up with and I could never get into watching it on Japenese subs.
I'm still disappointed about this

Watch Death Note. It's great. Since these guys already posted most of the good animes out there. I'll just post a few that I didn't see up there that I liked personally.
Initial D - Hijame No Ippo - One Outs - Saint Seiya - Captain Tsubasa - Samurai X - Cowboy Bebop also has a movie, but recommend you watch the series first - Ghost in the Shell - Devil Man - Trigun
Old 12-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #15
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
Ghost in the Shell
See, I want to enjoy this show, I really do, but when ever you lose five seconds of what's going on you pretty much are derailed for the whole episode. You pretty much need to be able to rewind.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #16
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Demon-Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
See, I want to enjoy this show, I really do, but when ever you lose five seconds of what's going on you pretty much are derailed for the whole episode. You pretty much need to be able to rewind.
A plot that has depth? Something you must watch all of to understand?
Those bastards making things that require thought to be enjoyed, I hope they all die.

Not really, I liked Ghost in the Shell okay, and I tend to enjoy things with deeper, more intricate plots that require thinking to follow and understand.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
A plot that has depth? Something you must watch all of to understand?
Those bastards making things that require thought to be enjoyed, I hope they all die.

Not really, I liked Ghost in the Shell okay, and I tend to enjoy things with deeper, more intricate plots that require thinking to follow and understand.
I don't really remember the first series, but I've been watching Second Gig on [as] and it plays rather late.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Dubbed?

Sorry, that's just horrible...

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Also, OVAs come in both dubbed and subbed versions as well. OVA stands for Original Video Animation and is used to catagorize anime that is neither a regular TV series nor a movie.

None of my recommendations were OVAs.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #19
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Seahawk

Quote:
One thing you have to love about Tenser is that he'll be completely honest about how he feels about you XD.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #20
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

+1 (+1/-0)     

I liked dubbed more too, it boils down to not wanting to miss the animation while I'm reading something. If I know all the words to something because I watched it enought times I prefer the subtitiles.

Comments

i agree
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 12-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #21
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Demon-Mask

I guess I'll step in with some recommendations:
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Fist of the North Star
Cromartie High School
Ninja Scroll
Gurren Lagann
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The Big O
Full Metal Panic {Shares no relation to the lame-ish Fullmetal Alchemist}
Gin Tama
Vampire Hunter D
Afro Samurai
Rurouni Kenshin
Code Geass
Ergo Proxy
Gantz
Golgo 13
Hell Girl
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Saiyuki
Speed Grapher
Xxx Holic
High School of the Dead

That's all I recommend in particular, there are more I like, but I don't know if I'd recommend them.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Are there any dubbed animes that anyone can recommend? (And if they are dubbed, I apologize, I barely had a chance to look at them yet)
There are a few I actually prefer dubbed, though subbed is the way to go in most cases.
Gurren Lagann
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Cromartie High School
Fist of the North Star
Code Geass
Old 12-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #22
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

+1 Smitty

After awhile you really do get quite good at reading subtitles. Most viewers who watch subs grow so acclimated to reading subs that you don't even notice it anymore. Plus subs are often released only 2 or 3 days after the show is aired for the first time in Japan.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittycal View Post
Otaku!!
Baka.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #23
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Thanks everyone. I feel like a castoff now XD Anyway, Death Note is what I am going to watch next and my bro is forcing me to watch Japanese subs, so we'll just see how that goes

Im interested in watching Cowboy Bebop as well.

I still want to know your guys opinions on Zatch Bell and InuYasha. Thanks

@ Tenser- LOL Sorry XD

Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #24
Donor
815 posts
View Stats

Smittycal

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I feel like a castoff now XD Anyway, Death Note is what I am going to watch next and my bro is forcing me to watch Japanese subs, so we'll just see how that goes

Im interested in watching Cowboy Bebop as well.

I still want to know your guys opinions on Zatch Bell and InuYasha. Thanks

@ Tenser- LOL Sorry XD
Good for your brother man lol...I think you'll like Deathnote...I enjoyed it a lot.

Cowboy Bebop is a MUST watch series. Its everything that anime is supposed to be. I'll even give you a pass and watch the dubbed version (because its one of the best dubbed shows).

Keep us updated on your progress!

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Oh and Trigun is another good series....it kind of has a Bebop kind of feel to it.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #25
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

never watched Zatch Bell, but InuYasha is awesome.

If you're old enough, Black Lagoon might interest you. Gunslinging chick for the win