Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 09-02-2015, 10:49 PM   #1
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Slime Slayer

Stress Relief

What you you guys do to relieve stress?

It's funny, in the past the word stress didn't mean anything to me. It was akin to "I'm having a bad day". About 3 years ago I had a full blown nervous breakdown. It was about 3 months before I felt normal again. Now when people tell me they are stressed I think "pfft.. you have no idea what stress is, buddy"

Recently, I managed to score myself some carpal tunnel in my wrist, last night I convinced myself that I was feeling it in my other wrist... then I was convinced I felt in my legs.. next thing I know I'm googling symptoms of ALS and am completely convinced my body is completely shutting down.

Today, I go for a really brisk walk, followed by a bunch of exercise, and playing rough in the backyard with my kid. My wife tells her aunt about my situation and her aunt immediately says "he's probably stressed". Eureka! She was right. My body is not shutting down before my eyes, I'm freaking stressed, I recognized the similar state of mind I was in when I had my first breakdown.

Got some beer and feel relieved that I don't have ALS, and overall feeling better now.

But yeah, do any of you guys deal with this shit? It's a friggin nightmare. What do you guys do to help deal with it?

Don't hesitate to straight up make fun of me on the matter because I'm convinced that humour is a good therapy.

Anyone else know what it's like to actually have a total breakdown? For the record, it's like breaking a bone. There is "I think I broke my arm" and there is "okay, I broke my arm". If you just think you've had a mental breakdown, you haven't.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 09-02-2015, 11:17 PM   #2
Regular Poster
2,122 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24
Level up: 85%
Level up: 85%, 125 Points needed Level up: 85% Level up: 85%

TodayIsForgotten

Re: Stress Relief

There are a lot of small things you can do that will improve your stress.

I don't know what is stressing you out in life. We all go through some form of stress.

If you aren't living a care free life, you might want to think about adapting to one. We make everything in this life important, and the sad-cruel reality is, nothing in this life is important. You wake up, you do whatever, you go to sleep to repeat it and one day you don't get that luxury anymore.

Other things you can do is exercise and diet. Take breaks if you are getting tense or frustrated. Learn to let things roll off (see above).

That and stop being a fucking vagina. I'm kidding.

Last edited by TodayIsForgotten; 09-02-2015 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: i suck at grammar.

2015 Yolympics Champs - Team Penis
Old 09-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #3
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Slime Slayer

That's the thing, it's all perspective. Stress can come from not knowing where your next meal is gonna come from, or you broke a nail on the way to the ball.

I think I'm gonna start exercising daily, and try to get some fruits and veggies in there. My wife makes me take vitamins but I think the real deal will go further.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
We make everything in this life important, and the sad-cruel reality is, nothing in this life is important.
I've got 2 kids under the age of 3, they are important.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 09-02-2015, 11:38 PM   #4
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 58
Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 1,598 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

ZedIsDead

I'm a man, I fucking deal.
( Click to show/hide )
I don't handle stress well, I have a habit of dwelling on things.
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!

Old 09-02-2015, 11:47 PM   #5
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedIsDead View Post
( Click to show/hide )
I think that is just nature. Like I said before, it's all perspective.

We are conditioned to work that way. Everyone, regardless of there race,creed,religion, geographic location... all have a denominator.

But yeah, you are right, "fuckin deal" seems to make sense.
kong on Bronies:

Old 09-02-2015, 11:58 PM   #6
On Vacation
Donor
Game Mod
Administrator
734 posts
krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,301, Level: 25 Points: 9,301, Level: 25 Points: 9,301, Level: 25
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 449 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

krehztim

Aside from Xanax and alcohol, I really do try to concentrate on perspective. Take my wife's family. She just tested positive for a genetic mutation that makes her rate of breast cancer at 87%. Same with her sister. So, they both got double mastectomies this summer. Their father died from prostate cancer. His sister from breast cancer. Their brother just died last week from bile duct cancer. Now 2 other cousins have cancers and are doing treatments. My sister died at 51 from pancreatic cancer, and her son, my nephew, at 36 from brain cancer. That's a lot for one family to deal with, but it does give me perspective when I'm bitching about the little things. I take Xanax, I drink a little (just a little, I swear), and I play games where I can blow the hell out of an alien race bent on destroying the great planet we all call home.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:15 AM   #7
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
But yeah, do any of you guys deal with this shit?
I wish I could say yoga and exercise.
( Click to show/hide )

But the real answer is tv (usually shows with evolving plot. currently watching Mad Men), games, wine, ice cream, chips and sex.

Eat colon blow supplements like psyllium seed husk.
Don't eat salt. salt = high blood pressure = stress.
Don't take life serious.
Take breaks.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:20 AM   #8
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

My mom got breast cancer about 6 years ago, she went through treatment and has been cleared for the last 3 years. My wifes mom got breast cancer, and decided she would keep it to herself and use alternative treatments. She died not long after the family knew.

That's another thing me and my wife have discussed, most of our stress comes from our compassion for our family members.

Seems like everyday, I got concerns for my brother or my mom or my stepsister etc...

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Don't eat salt. salt = high blood pressure = stress.
This might be something I could cut out... salt is my go to. Every meal is salt.
kong on Bronies:

Old 09-03-2015, 07:56 AM   #9
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

For myself I get stressed out easily as soon as what is supposed to happen, doesn't, or I over worry about someone else to the point I just want to throw up. Normally just talking things out to someone helps me. It sucks. Wish I'd not get emotionally attached to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedIsDead View Post
( Click to show/hide )
I've noticed this myself.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #10
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

When I get really stressed I like to smoke some weed and play a game. If that's not an option because it's still daytime or something I go for a walk. Other than that I just internalize it and contribute further to my rapidly graying(whiteing?) hair.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #11
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Stop caring.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #12
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

We can't all be sociopaths.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #13
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63

Kugyince

Its so much easier that way.

This is what I have control over. This is what I need to do.

Fuck everything else.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #14
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46
Level up: 7%
Level up: 7%, 1,406 Points needed Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

CatalystiCam

Had one a few months back. It's honestly all a blur though. 160 hours I worked/volunteered in a 2 week span I think it was at the Time. Something crazy.

Generally. Sandbox video games are good casual relief. I'll go to the park and slap some pucks around, and this also works great.

At the time, I just got through the days and held off being upset until the drive home. Not a great solution, but these 2 wreks were followed by my brothers wedding and being cast in a theatre show which is also terrific stress relief, being that acting is my favourite hobby that I've picked up on in recent years.

I think it's all relative though, and these worked for me because of who I am I guess. I feel a lot better now anyways, but that's also attributed to me sorting out most of my issues.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:17 PM   #15
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Anyone know any of those really boring old time radio shows. The type of ones where story might about something extremely mundane like the guys boots are old and dirty so he ponders if he should go get new ones... Or something like that?

I think these might be really therapudic, if anyone can't point me in the right direction.
kong on Bronies:

Old 09-03-2015, 05:37 PM   #16
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

+1 (+1/-0)     

Audio/Old Time Radio Game Menu

Comments

Me dumb
Old 09-03-2015, 05:39 PM   #17
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Well I'll be damned, thanks DB. Now to find the ultimate in boring.
kong on Bronies:

Old 09-03-2015, 05:59 PM   #18
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

No problem but to be fair I think Kong picked those because they're at least somewhat interesting. You could go to the source and probably find much better sleep fodder. Kong will probably post the link when he sees this.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #19
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

Nope, I was just uploading alphabetically until I stopped due to lack of interest.

About half of the stuff has that old fake humor voice that sounds like the predecessor to the wacky morning crew. Opposite of de-stressing. But the other half will probably works. Just click around on a few.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #20
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

+1 (+1/-0)     

Whenever i get stressed, i usually either settle it in Smash Bros or beat the living daylights out of an opponent on Madden. Or take a nap xD

Comments

Settling it in Smash is the man's way to deal with stress
Old 09-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #21
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Take it out on the old lady's vagina.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:05 PM   #22
Regular Poster
2,122 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24
Level up: 85%
Level up: 85%, 125 Points needed Level up: 85% Level up: 85%

TodayIsForgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
That's the thing, it's all perspective. Stress can come from not knowing where your next meal is gonna come from, or you broke a nail on the way to the ball.

I think I'm gonna start exercising daily, and try to get some fruits and veggies in there. My wife makes me take vitamins but I think the real deal will go further.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

I've got 2 kids under the age of 3, they are important.
I am sure they are. I dont want to take away from your OP but in the grand scheme of things, you, me and your kids are insignificant.

You can care about your interests, family and anything else, but the importance you make from your life is not lifes grand plan.

So ya, love your kids, hope they land on their feet, make the right choices but life will always go on whether good or bad. Find a balance is all i am saying in the most complex form.

Yes. Exercise.

2015 Yolympics Champs - Team Penis
Old 09-03-2015, 11:19 PM   #23
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Old 09-04-2015, 03:51 AM   #24
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugyince View Post
Take it out on the old lady's vagina.
Aside from alchohol, that's the only thing that will completely clear my mind.
kong on Bronies:

Old 09-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #25
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

+3 (+3/-0)     

I didn't know you and ten's wife had met.

Comments

hey-oooo

Bazinga!

yeh, she swallowed my greasy knob...