Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > RU Games

Old 02-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

CrispyChicken

Final Fantasy

So I finished Final Fantasy V the other day. And it got me thinking. I should probably start playing all the other ones! So, yesterday I downloaded FFVII on a PS emulator and today I started playing Final Fantasy VI (3 here on RU).

So I've played through about 2 hours of FFVI and so far I'm enjoying it. I'll probably give updates as I go along. Whenever I beat it I'll probably start VII.

Update No 1.
Party: Terra: Lv 11, Edgar: Lv 11, Sabin: Lv 12, Banon: Lv 8

This is going to be a very quick one. They'll probably all be longer after this one. So I got to the Returner's Hideout after Sabin joined my party (who is awesome by the way). I found a lot of loot around the area. Even managed to find a 'White Cape' Relic that was hidden in one of the rooms. Stopped right after I found a save point in a cave in the Lete River.

---End Update No 1.---

Also quick question. Which relics should I get at this point/which ones are good to use?

In addition, I'm making this topic to discuss Final Fantasy in general. This topic doesn't just pertain to me.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 02-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Re: Final Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
This is going to be a very quick one. They'll probably all be longer after this one.
As far as length goes, I'd say that VI and VII are pretty on par with one another. Neither game is short by any means other than glitch.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #3
Regular Poster
706 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,075, Level: 25 Points: 9,075, Level: 25 Points: 9,075, Level: 25
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 675 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

ARedLetterDay

Most of the numbered FF games (excluding XII because holy Jesus) should take you around 60 hours to beat. I find that's generally the same length for most RPG's, including action-RPG's like the Tales of and Star Ocean games. I think only a select few have taken me less than 60 hours to beat, somewhere around 30. The two Fullmetal Alchemist games for PS2 are prime examples of this, and I guess Ys III as well, though most of the time that's just because of grinding at Ilvern Ruins..

wait, I'm totally getting off topic. Anyways, 60 hours is the average length (for me) of a FF game, and I usually finish the game around level 55+.

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 02-10-2013, 04:41 AM   #4
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

Maybe I did it wrong, when I tried FF6, I really thought it was boring.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
Regular Poster
706 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

ARedLetterDay

Essentially every one, really. The dragon you're thinking of is actually the Emperor of Dragons, Bahamut. I believe the one your friend's talking about is Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core for the PSP, where a super-enhanced Bahamut (Zero, I believe) goes into space and fires a neat nuclear explosion. The same happens with Bahamut Neo IIRC in FF7, for the Playstation.

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 02-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

bearhawk72

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclechicken View Post
My friend at work said the best FF game was one where you had a magic weapon or bomb where a dragon went in space or something and it fired like mad on its way down.

Which version is that, and is it on PS1?
Sounds like a summon from 7 on the PS1. Bahamut Zero

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhmO9NOFHfo]Final Fantasy VII - Bahamut ZERO - YouTube[/ame]
Old 02-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

My god that game is ugly.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Update No 2.
Party: Sabin: Lv 13, Shadow: Lv 12, Cyan: Lv. 14

After going down the River, Sabin jumped off the raft to fight the Octopus monster that kept inking on Terra...

Anyway I chose to do Locke's Scenario first. I thought it was pretty neat, stealing the clothes from merchants/guards to not be seen. I rescued Celes and ended up going through this large cave system under some old guys house. Busted out of there and went into a cave northeast. I beat the TunnelArmor there and finished Locke's Scenario.

Picked Sabin's Scenario second. After talking to this really weird old guy in a cabin and buying some goods from a merchant, I recruited Shadow to my team. (His dog counterattack is great) Met up with Cyan who is another great character. So far the characters in this game have been awesome. Didn't get the same character development from 5. After stealing some Magitek Armor, we fled to the Phantom Forest. Healed up and then headed onto the Phantom Train. Ran around there for a bit until some ghosts started to creep out my party. Sabin leaped across several train cars in a beast manner. We unhooked the previous train cars and sent the ghosts away for now. Found a save point and stopped there.

---End Update No 2.---

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkN View Post
As far as length goes, I'd say that VI and VII are pretty on par with one another. Neither game is short by any means other than glitch.
I meant the first update was going to be short.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 02-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46
Level up: 7%
Level up: 7%, 1,406 Points needed Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

CatalystiCam

Final Fantasy V is probably my favourite in terms of game mechanics. VII is my favourite overall.

V > VII > IV > IX > VIII > I

Those are the ones I've played significantly. Only ever got about 12 hours into IX, VIII & I.

Last edited by CrispyChicken; 02-11-2014 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: OP wanted changed rankings
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #10
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

bearhawk72

Of the ones I've played I'd rank them:

9>6>7>4>5>8
Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #11
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Eh. Why not. I'll through in my preferences.

VII/VI* > IX > V > XIII > IV > III > II > VIII > X > I

VI was my favorite game in the series on my first go.
VII has been my favorite game in the series to play more than once.

I've very much enjoyed every game on the list up to IV. The rest are just okay, but they all have flaws. X and VIII suffer from abysmal pacing, II and VIII are fragile when it comes to accidentally making your characters game breakingly super human, and III and I hit kinda hard on the grinding.

Last edited by DrunkN; 02-11-2013 at 12:13 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #12
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Seahawk

9 > 5 > 12 > the rest can fight over the remaining spots > 10

9 has an amazing charming script and cast and story and none of the complexity that soured me on 8.

5's script is relatively as good for the time period it came out on, and has the awesome customizability with the job system.

12 could have been improved with a main character swap (although he kinda makes progress throughout it), but makes up for it with a giant epic world to explore with tons of stuff to do.

I don't talk about 10, because........eh.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:41 AM   #13
Regular Poster
78 posts
TheChampIsHere has been properly raised to the rank of averageTheChampIsHere has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 316, Level: 4 Points: 316, Level: 4 Points: 316, Level: 4
Level up: 11%
Level up: 11%, 134 Points needed Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TheChampIsHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Maybe I did it wrong, when I tried FF6, I really thought it was boring.
^ This I totally agree I am a big fan of the Final Fantasy series but I found VI to be sooo boring. VII to me is the joint best in the series sure it starts slow and the character building is not the best but the storyline is epic and the magic system is the best from any RPG game. IX is the other that is a great game overall not a massive fan of the magic system on IX but the game is excellent apart from that.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #14
Regular Poster
706 posts
View Stats

ARedLetterDay

"and the magic system is the best from any RPG game."

Not to sound too douchey, but you should add, 'that I've played' because there is about a billion better magic systems in other games.

Treasure of the Rudras, for instance.
The Elder Scrolls.
And I'll stop here because I really think if I go on I'll sound like a jerk.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #15
Regular Poster
78 posts
TheChampIsHere has been properly raised to the rank of averageTheChampIsHere has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats

TheChampIsHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay View Post
"and the magic system is the best from any RPG game."

Not to sound too douchey, but you should add, 'that I've played' because there is about a billion better magic systems in other games.

Treasure of the Rudras, for instance.
The Elder Scrolls.
And I'll stop here because I really think if I go on I'll sound like a jerk.
Its on opinion on what you think is good could be rubbish to me and vice versa ive played Skyrim and didnt like it that much.... hence why I put in my post above TO ME... or did you forget to read that part your the one who sounds douchey
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Not to sound too douchy, but the entire series starting with FF 7 and moving forward, is crap. They had something going that was a well established feel for what FF is, then 7 came out and that all just disappeared. It was like they replaced the "fun" with "edginess". (no pun intended)
Old 02-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
Regular Poster
706 posts
View Stats

ARedLetterDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Its on opinion on what you think is good could be rubbish to me and vice versa ive played Skyrim and didnt like it that much.... hence why I put in my post above TO ME... or did you forget to read that part your the one who sounds douchey
Whoa there tiger.
I misread your post, that's entirely my fault. I saw the 'to me' part, but only thought it applied to VII being the best FF for you. I was reading the post at 3:00 AM, so give me some slack.

In any case, sorry if I came across as too douchey, and having misinformation in my post.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #18
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CatalystiCam

IX is like my pokemon Emerald of this series. Never been able to finish it for various reasons.

Brother sold the memory card the first time I played
Game corrupted second time
Brother sold game itself
Emulated it on my old XP, and that computer finally bit the dust for good while I was on disc 2, furthest I'd ever been.

Probably have played FF IX 30 hours at least, got to disc 2 once. It'll be a long time before I try it again, not that I didn't like it, but replaying just disc one over and over again over the years sucks.

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 02-11-2013 at 05:58 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
Regular Poster
78 posts
View Stats

TheChampIsHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay View Post
Whoa there tiger.
I misread your post, that's entirely my fault. I saw the 'to me' part, but only thought it applied to VII being the best FF for you. I was reading the post at 3:00 AM, so give me some slack.

In any case, sorry if I came across as too douchey, and having misinformation in my post.
Its cool I had just woken up at the time and replied and I can respond to things annoyingly as times just ask @Tails
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

joz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Not to sound too douchy, but the entire series starting with FF 7 and moving forward, is crap. They had something going that was a well established feel for what FF is, then 7 came out and that all just disappeared. It was like they replaced the "fun" with "edginess". (no pun intended)
You sound kind of douchy most of the time anyway, but I agree with you.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #21
Regular Poster
203 posts
AlexGunslinger is kissing everybody's bum just rightAlexGunslinger is kissing everybody's bum just rightAlexGunslinger is kissing everybody's bum just rightAlexGunslinger is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,841, Level: 12 Points: 1,841, Level: 12 Points: 1,841, Level: 12
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 159 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

AlexGunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
You sound kind of douchy most of the time anyway, but I agree with you.
Well, I agree as well, the FFs before the VII had that special vibe that was lost in that one. I understand that FFVII was the first FF that became mainstream, and a whole generation love that game, but I still enjoyed more the VI and the IV... they only lack the technology of the later ones. I like the VII though, even the VIII and the X, but they are not the same.

BTW, Chrono Trigger is at the same level of FFVI and FIV... or maybe I'm just a SNES fanatic, I don't know hahahaha
Old 02-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #22
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

So recently I've been playing FF7 on Steam, my first real time playing the game. I'm about 15 hours into the game. I just got past the Chocobo race and got the buggy, so I'm probably about 1/4 through the game, I'd imagine.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game. I can see why it's so popular.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:57 AM   #23
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
View Stats

CatalystiCam

Change my old rankings. I like V more than VII, but it's close.

You just passed probably the most boring part of VII, chris. The Desert prison sucks. So if you made it past that, you're home free for a good time.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #24
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
So I finished Final Fantasy V the other day. And it got me thinking. I should probably start playing all the other ones!
You better get cracking if you wanna complete FF11 anytime soon. FF14 should be around for a while even if it goes FTP.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #25
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
View Stats

bearhawk72

Jumped back into the series with 13 after having not played a game since I beat 9.

I think this was a mistake...