Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Old 06-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kugyince

+1 (+1/-0)     
Games you shouldn't miss

Someone asked me for some game suggestions. Just to be clear, this isn't a list of the best games on the NES. This is a list of some of my personal favorite games on the NES that I think deserve more popularity than they're getting.

Zen - The Intergalactic Ninja
Werewolf - The Last Warrior
Vice - Project Doom
Uninvited
Ufouria
Trojan
Tombs and Treasure
Toki
Sword Master
Sweet Home
Strider
Stanley - The Search for Dr. Livingston
Solstice - The Quest for the Staff of Denmos
Shatterhand
Shadow of the Ninja
Ruch'n Attack

Comments

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
The Infinite Spark
1,080 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28
Level up: 77%
Level up: 77%, 210 Points needed Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

warghoul

Re: Games you shouldn't miss

thats a good list i haven't heard of a couple of them im a gonna give them a shot
Old 09-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

jim5cents

I"m shocked that you didn't put Crystalis on that list.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63

Kugyince

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5cents View Post
I"m shocked that you didn't put Crystalis on that list.
Because Crystalis is the best the NES has to offer.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
Regular Poster
213 posts
DoctorRyanB1 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,304, Level: 11 Points: 1,304, Level: 11 Points: 1,304, Level: 11
Level up: 2%
Level up: 2%, 196 Points needed Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

DoctorRyanB1

I will really have to try to get around to some of these. Always looking for something new to play.

For more on my journey visit: http://doctorryanb1.blogspot.com/
Old 09-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

I almost missed this topic thinking it was a scoop article.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Someone asked me for some game suggestions. Just to be clear, this isn't a list of the best games on the NES. This is a list of some of my personal favorite games on the NES that I think deserve more popularity than they're getting.

Zen - The Intergalactic Ninja
Werewolf - The Last Warrior
Vice - Project Doom
Uninvited
Ufouria
Trojan
Tombs and Treasure
Toki
Sword Master
Sweet Home
Strider
Stanley - The Search for Dr. Livingston
Solstice - The Quest for the Staff of Denmos
Shatterhand
Shadow of the Ninja
Ruch'n Attack
Good list Ten. These are are excellent games. I never understood why some of these didn't become major franchises since some were so unique (i.e. Shatterhand, Sword Master, Rush 'N' Attack.).

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #8
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
Shatterhand
Shatterhand was based on a tv series that only ran for a year, so that explains why we didnt see more of them.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 09-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

Haven't heard much of these, but I'll definitely try them whenever I can.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 06-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
Regular Poster
60 posts
hackeynut is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 19
Points: 4,374, Level: 19 Points: 4,374, Level: 19 Points: 4,374, Level: 19
Level up: 31%
Level up: 31%, 276 Points needed Level up: 31% Level up: 31%

hackeynut

Strider could have been one of the greatest ever with better controls.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #11
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Uninvited isn't popular?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #12
Donor
39 posts
fogelmir is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,073, Level: 20 Points: 5,073, Level: 20 Points: 5,073, Level: 20
Level up: 39%
Level up: 39%, 677 Points needed Level up: 39% Level up: 39%

fogelmir

Need to add Blaster Master.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #13
Regular Poster
69 posts
Paul is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 8
Points: 876, Level: 8 Points: 876, Level: 8 Points: 876, Level: 8
Level up: 76%
Level up: 76%, 24 Points needed Level up: 76% Level up: 76%

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
Good list Ten. These are are excellent games. I never understood why some of these didn't become major franchises since some were so unique (i.e. Shatterhand, Sword Master, Rush 'N' Attack.).
Actually, a new Rush 'N' Attack game has just recently been made as a downloadable game for the PS3, named Rush 'N' Attack: Ex-Patriot. From what I've read it isn't very good.
Here's more:Rush'N Attack: Ex-Patriot Review - PlayStation 3 Review at IGN
Old 07-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #14
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Seems like most comments disagreed with the review. After reading the review it also seemed like the reviewer was hoping for Metal Gear Solid and was disappointed to find out that Rush 'N Attack has a lot of similarities to it's predecessor.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
Regular Poster
69 posts
Paul is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 8
Points: 876, Level: 8 Points: 876, Level: 8 Points: 876, Level: 8
Level up: 76%
Level up: 76%, 24 Points needed Level up: 76% Level up: 76%

Paul

Yes, they do, but they've all only played the demo. It's best to judge a game by actually playing it entirely, rather than just a sample.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #16
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

If we can't base our pre-purchase decisions on demos and reviews then what should we base them on?

Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #17
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

I think it looks sweet.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."