Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Scoop This section contains interesting stories found on the web, mostly to do with retro gaming.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Scoop

Old 07-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Tails

Rumor: Namco vs Capcom, Capcom vs Namco In Development

Credit: First Marvel vs Capcom 3, now Capcom vs Namco! - Official Collectoons Forums

http://kotaku.com/5591240/rumor-namc...in-development

Those aren't two interpretations of the same piece of news; if Game Informer are to be believed, then two fighting games are currently in development, both pitting the stars of Namco against the stars of Capcom.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Re: Rumor: Namco vs Capcom, Capcom vs Namco In Development

If this is true I'll finally be able to stomp those weak little Capcom characters with Ganryu-
( Click to show/hide )

or-
( Click to show/hide )
Old 07-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

joz

Nice! I wasn't really into those SNK vs Capcom. Then again, I never really played those too much. But this looks interesting.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Capcom and Namco fighting games play so differently, this is either fake, or one of those companies is gonna have to sacrifice the gameplay of their respective series.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

joz

Good point Steven. After thinking about it, I'm gonna say it's a fake. Sucks but oh well.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

If it's real the whole projectile thing is gonna be a sticking point. How do you make it fair when Tekken/Soul Caliber Characters don't have them?
Old 07-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Plus Capcom characters just fly all over the screen, where as the Namco games have a more realistic physics engine.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 07-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Well from what I read it said both companies would make their own versions. Maybe Capcom will make the Tekken/SC crew go all Crouching Tiger and make their moves have projectiles of some kind? I can't imagine how Namco would balance SF characters though. Removing high flying and projectiles would kill some of the characters.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #9
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Demon-Mask

The problem I have with the idea is that Capcom tends to make 2D fighting games with projectiles and characters that can jump their height, while Namco tends to make 3D fighting games with very few projectiles and characters with a more realistic ability to jump.

But if it is true:
I can't wait to kick Ryu's ass as Heihachi.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

samejamesbond

Well it isn't too far fetched:
( Click to show/hide )

But I've been wanting a Namco vs. Capcom fighting game ever since I heard of
Namco x Capcom. An RPG TBS is nice, but I'd rather let my fists do the talking.

Remove Pootis
Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

How did that game play? RPG TBS sounds awesome but I've never heard of that game until now.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

samejamesbond

Here's some gameplay with Strider, Ken, and Mike Haggar:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9thkZ3FoWRQ]YouTube - Namco X Capcom on PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3119)(HD-720p)[/ame]

Remove Pootis
Old 07-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

So it's another JP only game? My god I'm getting so sick of that.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #14
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

samejamesbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
So it's another JP only game? My god I'm getting so sick of that.
Saddly yes, we may never see a game like that again.

Just look at the awesome character list:
Namco × Capcom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remove Pootis
Old 07-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #15
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Damn that game is probably epic. Without even playing it I know I'd love it. Maybe in twenty years or so RU will get it and I can try it.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #16
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

samejamesbond

Hopefully.

But my mind would explode of they made these games.

Remove Pootis
Old 07-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #17
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

I wouldn't mind crushing Zangief with Eddy or King. Let's hope it turns out to be true
Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #18
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

samejamesbond

Not Mike Haggar?

Remove Pootis
Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #19
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 19 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

fenrir1887

I'd try and pit Haggar against Zangief or even against guys like King or Bryan Fury.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

That game looks so good..

Old 07-23-2010, 02:13 AM   #21
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46
Level up: 7%
Level up: 7%, 1,406 Points needed Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

CatalystiCam

+1 (+1/-0)     

pfft, we need seahawks creation instead

( Click to show/hide )
Guinea Pigs Vs. Capcom

I just had to broadcast it seahawk

Comments

Old 07-23-2010, 02:27 AM   #22
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

The just featured the story on ep daily, (it's on g4 tech tv for those who don't know) and they said that it's going to use a capcom engine. They did also state that game informer was the source, so so far it's still just the one source.
kong on Bronies:

Old 07-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #23
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Demon-Mask

They are using the Capcom engine, that could be cool, but they'd have to completely redo the move sets of the Namco characters.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #24
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

If this happens I bet they leave out a lot of the better Tekken characters to make it work. The only other option is to butcher them and give them projectiles or big flashy attacks.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #25
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Demon-Mask

That wouldn't be cool, I can't imagine giving a character like Heihachi projectile attacks. There is a move where he mirrors the motion to do a projectile attack, but there is no projectile and it is just a good close range move.