Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > RU Games

View Poll Results: What game is better?
Super mario 21 65.63%
sonic 11 34.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #26
Regular Poster
477 posts
Belmontzar play's well with othersBelmontzar play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 10
Points: 1,252, Level: 10 Points: 1,252, Level: 10 Points: 1,252, Level: 10
Level up: 76%
Level up: 76%, 48 Points needed Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
Send a message via Yahoo to Belmontzar Send a message via Skype™ to Belmontzar

Belmontzar

Re: sonic or mario

glad you liked that, I did a lot of thought while playing both games back to back to really get ideas.

To be utterly honest you cant really compare Sonic and Mario too completely because of the differences in game play.. Sonic in all senses is meant to be faster, and even to a point easier to play. While Mario you have to do alot more thought and really time things. When you think about it, neither character would do well in the others territory.. Mario has too many pits, and sonic probably cant navigate the pipes wihtout geting stuck.. while Mario cant navigate Mobius' loops and speed tests..

Both characters have similarities but only in the barest senses for the worlds they are in. I dont think Mario could beat robotniks machines, while I also think Sonic would have trouble against the Koopa troopa.. but you gotta admit some of the encounters would be funny..

Miles encounters Yoshi.. Robotnik working with bowser, sonic touching the Starman, Knuckles and Wario.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #27
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

DrunkN

Mario.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:16 AM   #28
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,413, Level: 28 Points: 12,413, Level: 28 Points: 12,413, Level: 28
Level up: 96%
Level up: 96%, 37 Points needed Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Send a message via Yahoo to sezthemank

sezthemank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmontzar View Post
glad you liked that, I did a lot of thought while playing both games back to back to really get ideas.

To be utterly honest you cant really compare Sonic and Mario too completely because of the differences in game play.. Sonic in all senses is meant to be faster, and even to a point easier to play. While Mario you have to do alot more thought and really time things. When you think about it, neither character would do well in the others territory.. Mario has too many pits, and sonic probably cant navigate the pipes wihtout geting stuck.. while Mario cant navigate Mobius' loops and speed tests..

Both characters have similarities but only in the barest senses for the worlds they are in. I dont think Mario could beat robotniks machines, while I also think Sonic would have trouble against the Koopa troopa.. but you gotta admit some of the encounters would be funny..

Miles encounters Yoshi.. Robotnik working with bowser, sonic touching the Starman, Knuckles and Wario.
Hmmm interesting,
I agree I dont think they could be able to beat each others enimies either.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #29
New Poster
2 posts
LoneWolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 62 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

LoneWolf

I like older sonic and newer mario.
Gotta go with sonic.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:55 AM   #30
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats

sezthemank

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I like older sonic and newer mario.
Gotta go with sonic.
Yippee!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #31
Regular Poster
258 posts
SSBBrawler is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 14
Points: 2,468, Level: 14 Points: 2,468, Level: 14 Points: 2,468, Level: 14
Level up: 6%
Level up: 6%, 282 Points needed Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

SSBBrawler

Sonic stinks. You lose all your rings in just one hit. At least you keep your coins in Mario games. Sonic has very few attacks, and most the time, you'll wind up getting hit, even if you think you should have done the hitting.

Sonic has no plot, he just goes to courses for no real reason, then fights a boss who attacks for no real reason.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #32
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
View Stats

sezthemank

Sonic and Mario are both hippies.
One likes mushrooms and one wants to save the animals mannnn.

Sonics cooler though, he would beat Mario anyday.

If he can beat that Idiot Dr Robotnik who has more accesories than Mario, he can demolish Mario. Sonics a OG and tails is his thug mate, the rest of the sonic crew are crap exept for knuckles he aint so bad, hes gangster like old fashoned gangster like "the marx brothers" style of gangster.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #33
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sezthemank View Post
Sonic and Mario are both hippies.
One likes mushrooms and one wants to save the animals mannnn.

Sonics cooler though, he would beat Mario anyday.

If he can beat that Idiot Dr Robotnik who has more accesories than Mario, he can demolish Mario. Sonics a OG and tails is his thug mate, the rest of the sonic crew are crap exept for knuckles he aint so bad, hes gangster like old fashoned gangster like "the marx brothers" style of gangster.
Oh yeah they're so hardcore.:rolleyes:
Old 06-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #34
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
View Stats

sezthemank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Oh yeah they're so hardcore.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah!
they are that hardcore that they are chilling with Vanilla Ice and Mc hammer.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #35
Regular Poster
168 posts
mario90s has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,180, Level: 13 Points: 2,180, Level: 13 Points: 2,180, Level: 13
Level up: 40%
Level up: 40%, 270 Points needed Level up: 40% Level up: 40%

mario90s

I'm sorry but as much as I like Sonic The hedgehog, I have to pick Mario.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #36
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
View Stats

sezthemank

+1 (+1/-0)     

Nah mario is somthing whipped.

chasing a prinsess who I think is politly trying to tell him that she aint interesting, and she really wants one of the koopers.

The Koopers are royalty and so is she. she dont want no silly plumber or his lanky weird brother.
I dont think Mario is doing anything, I think he is emagining this all in this tripped out head - too many mushrooms.

Comments

Old 07-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #37
346 posts
Kevin is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 16
Points: 3,392, Level: 16 Points: 3,392, Level: 16 Points: 3,392, Level: 16
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 58 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sezthemank View Post
Nah mario is somthing whipped.

chasing a prinsess who I think is politly trying to tell him that she aint interesting, and she really wants one of the koopers.

The Koopers are royalty and so is she. she dont want no silly plumber or his lanky weird brother.
I dont think Mario is doing anything, I think he is emagining this all in this tripped out head - too many mushrooms.
Ha! That was great, sez.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #38
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
View Stats

sezthemank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Ha! That was great, sez.
Ha ha thanks Kevin.

I think Mario, Princess and Kooper need to go on Ricky Lake and sort it all out.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #39
Regular Poster
142 posts
B-boy Lutador deserves a fan clubB-boy Lutador deserves a fan clubB-boy Lutador deserves a fan clubB-boy Lutador deserves a fan clubB-boy Lutador deserves a fan clubB-boy Lutador deserves a fan club
View Stats
Level: 19
Points: 4,269, Level: 19 Points: 4,269, Level: 19 Points: 4,269, Level: 19
Level up: 5%
Level up: 5%, 381 Points needed Level up: 5% Level up: 5%

B-boy Lutador

I think old & new Mario is better than old & new Sonic.
I think there's more variety, problem solving & exploration in Mario games than sonic games. Mario can fly in the sky & swim underwater.
It says something about the quality of the gameplay of Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3 when they're just as good, if not better, than Sonic 1, 2 & 3, & the aforementioned Mario games are for an 8 bit console & the aforementioned Sonic games are for a 16 bit console. Then there's Super Mario World, which I think is a cut above any 16 bit Sonic. & I don't think any 3D Sonic measures up to the formidable Super Mario 64. Plus the Wii Mario platformers are good too.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #40
Regular Poster
33 posts
CBearXLight has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 5
Points: 517, Level: 5 Points: 517, Level: 5 Points: 517, Level: 5
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 83 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%

CBearXLight

I choose both Mario and Sonic because of many reasons. The first one is that there might be no I in team, but there is one in Mario and Sonic. However, they have alllies to assist them. Second, they appeared as playable characters in the Super Smash Bros. and Olympic video games. That means gamers can play as the aforementioned mascots cooperatively and/or competitively. In addition, the coins and rings are golden and they shine like the sun! Furthermore, don't even get me started on discussing Eggman's robots or those Koopas. In conclusion, that's why I choose both mascots.