Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2015, 10:49 PM   #1
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Slime Slayer

Stress Relief

What you you guys do to relieve stress?

It's funny, in the past the word stress didn't mean anything to me. It was akin to "I'm having a bad day". About 3 years ago I had a full blown nervous breakdown. It was about 3 months before I felt normal again. Now when people tell me they are stressed I think "pfft.. you have no idea what stress is, buddy"

Recently, I managed to score myself some carpal tunnel in my wrist, last night I convinced myself that I was feeling it in my other wrist... then I was convinced I felt in my legs.. next thing I know I'm googling symptoms of ALS and am completely convinced my body is completely shutting down.

Today, I go for a really brisk walk, followed by a bunch of exercise, and playing rough in the backyard with my kid. My wife tells her aunt about my situation and her aunt immediately says "he's probably stressed". Eureka! She was right. My body is not shutting down before my eyes, I'm freaking stressed, I recognized the similar state of mind I was in when I had my first breakdown.

Got some beer and feel relieved that I don't have ALS, and overall feeling better now.

But yeah, do any of you guys deal with this shit? It's a friggin nightmare. What do you guys do to help deal with it?

Don't hesitate to straight up make fun of me on the matter because I'm convinced that humour is a good therapy.

Anyone else know what it's like to actually have a total breakdown? For the record, it's like breaking a bone. There is "I think I broke my arm" and there is "okay, I broke my arm". If you just think you've had a mental breakdown, you haven't.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."