12-21-2009, 11:40 AM
|
#1
|
|
|
Kung Fu
Yet another NES game I love. First beatemup game ever. Story is much like other games, Thomas has to rescue Silvia from Mr. X in a 5 story building, with each floor holding another boss. It's replay value is awesome seeing after you clear it you can play again, and get a dragon for winning. Difficulty increases, making the enemies still attack while vs the boss.
Baseball Player - Just kneel kick him, he's easy.
Boomerang guy - Another easy one, just let him throw the boomerang and pummel.
Strong man - First of the hard ones. He's slow to attack but when he does, say bye to half of your life. use kicks.
Magician - He's really difficult with his magic powers, and being immune to everything but kneeling punches.
Mr. X - The final boss who captured Silvia. Has great defense that can block anything, but when you hit him, it's a huge chunk of life off him.
Graphics-wise really good for the NES 5/5
Sound, I love the sound effects, very memorable 5/5
Replay is awesome since it keeps on getting harder and harder! 5/5
Challenge, decent get's harder as you progress 4/5
Tilt I love it, one of my faves 5/5
|
My Signature |
|
01-05-2010, 01:53 PM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Kung Fu
Do you think you could expand a bit on why you like the game, graphics, sound, etc.? Half your review is just you describing the bosses. Hell, you don't even mention The Amazing Flying Little People. Also, I would have noted that you often have to fight off attacks from both sides. It's a good start, though.
|
|
|
01-05-2010, 02:20 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Kung Fu
I think Kung Fu is one of the all time greats. It's one of the first arcade games I ever played, and I never get tired of it. Good stuff. Yeah, those little jumping vertically challenged folks could be tough to beat especially on later levels. The knife throwers could be a pain too.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Kung Fu
I like the nostalgia part of this game but I don't think I ever actually enjoyed playing it. It's pretty epic either way though.
|
My Signature |
|
01-05-2010, 11:30 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Kung Fu
i love it too, firts played it either on intellivision or arcade, too easy of a game though
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
01-07-2010, 08:50 AM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: Kung Fu
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
i love it too, firts played it either on intellivision or arcade, too easy of a game though
|
Yeah, but, just like Donkey Kong, it gets tougher the more times it repeats.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Kung Fu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatiamat
Do you think you could expand a bit on why you like the game, graphics, sound, etc.? Half your review is just you describing the bosses. Hell, you don't even mention The Amazing Flying Little People. Also, I would have noted that you often have to fight off attacks from both sides. It's a good start, though.
|
This was my first review (just saw this btw O_o) as you know so I appreciate the feedback.
The Flying people are called TomTom's, and when I find more time, I will edit the first post.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
| Thread |
Thread Starter |
Forum |
Replies |
Last Post |
|
kung fu panda
|
mj23 |
Chat |
23 |
07-10-2008 08:41 PM |
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.
|