| All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online. |
|
10-26-2009, 08:24 AM
|
#1
|
|
|
How Did This Concept Thrive? (and Spaceballs references)
Alright, who will win the 400 meter dash? The hedgehog renowned for only his ability to run, or the fat Italian that can jump and stuff?
Last edited by Kugyince; 10-29-2009 at 05:55 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
10-26-2009, 10:50 AM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
I think the hedgehog would win.
|
My Signature |
|
10-26-2009, 02:45 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Sonic has "blast processing"! Remember? Sega does what Nintendon't.
Problem is the Gen's processor was barely faster than the SNES'. The SNES beat the Gen in every other category.
|
My Signature |
|
10-26-2009, 03:14 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
i think mario would probably win the floor routine
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
10-26-2009, 03:59 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
The game may seem stupid but it's surprisingly fun.
|
My Signature |
|
10-26-2009, 04:13 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
i rented this game once.
not worth buying, but good for at least a rental or 2.
also, i find it ridiculous how characters like peach end up outrunning sonic.
sonic can run somewhere around 760 miles an hour. here, he is running around 15 miles an hour.
i guess if he ran that fast here, he would always win, but still.
|
|
|
10-26-2009, 05:02 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
welp they are making a WINTER OLYMPICS one also...

|
My Signature |
|
ive been missing so long, even the memes have memes.
10-26-2009, 06:02 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Expect more of the same if people keep buying anything that has Mario or Sonic in it.
|
My Signature |
|
10-26-2009, 09:07 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Too bad both of the games are atrocious.
Nothing redemable about either one.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-26-2009, 09:36 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Nah that's going a little too far, both games are playable and decent just not very creative.
|
My Signature |
|
10-26-2009, 10:16 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
I just believe that it's a slap in the face of Sonic, putting him up against Mario in Olympic games. I guess I understand more of like, snowboarding and whatnot, but track? Ouch. That's one firm backhand to Sonic.
You know what's another firm backhand to Sonic?

Sega needs their rights revoked.
|
My Signature |
|
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
10-26-2009, 10:28 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Quote:
|
I just believe that it's a slap in the face of Sonic, putting him up against Mario in Olympic games.
|
Well it's not like Nintendo was gonna give Sonic higher billing over Mario. Sonic should consider himself lucky, Nintendo doesn't really need him to be successful.
|
My Signature |
|
10-26-2009, 10:47 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Well it's not like Nintendo was gonna give Sonic higher billing over Mario. Sonic should consider himself lucky, Nintendo doesn't really need him to be successful.
|
I never said they should, but Sonic has been tossed around pretty sloppily. Even if he isn't top dog, he's still valuable. Of course he shouldn't fair better than Mario if they're against each other, but don't make it based on games rooted in speed and athleticism. I mean, take Brawl, that worked. That collision of franchises worked.
I think Sega should turn away from Sonic's recent 3D universe and do what Nintendo has done for Mario, which is making the New Super Mario games. Classic Sonic takes all.
|
My Signature |
|
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
10-26-2009, 10:56 PM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades
I never said they should, but Sonic has been tossed around pretty sloppily. Even if he isn't top dog, he's still valuable. Of course he shouldn't fair better than Mario if they're against each other, but don't make it based on games rooted in speed and athleticism. I mean, take Brawl, that worked. That collision of franchises worked.
I think Sega should turn away from Sonic's recent 3D universe and do what Nintendo has done for Mario, which is making the New Super Mario games. Classic Sonic takes all.
|
I don't agree entirely with your opinion. I think Sonic is one of the worst characters in Brawl. Maybe I just don't know how to use him. Not a big fan of the Wii's mini game games. Lol. So I doubt I will ever give this a try. The idea is actually pretty sad in my opinion. Sonic Vs Mario has been dreamed about for so long, and now it takes place at the Olympics? Okay.
|
|
|
10-27-2009, 12:23 AM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Well actually they faced off first in Brawl so at least that was cool. I think both characters suck in that game anyways so I have no idea who's better(they both beat Luigi).
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Shades
I never said they should, but Sonic has been tossed around pretty sloppily. Even if he isn't top dog, he's still valuable. Of course he shouldn't fair better than Mario if they're against each other, but don't make it based on games rooted in speed and athleticism. I mean, take Brawl, that worked. That collision of franchises worked.
|
I think all the bad Sonic games really hurt it's reputation. Also it's hard to keep pushing that gimmick of speed when any character can do that and then some really, it's an idea who's time has passed.
By saying it's a slap in the face to be costarring with Mario you demean his importance. Mario is far more marketable, I think this is Nintendos attempt to help Sonic make a come back by making him more valid and competitive.
|
My Signature |
|
10-27-2009, 12:45 AM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
By saying it's a slap in the face to be costarring with Mario you demean his importance.
|
Once again, I said it was good for Brawl to have him co-star (although there were many characters), and no, I don't like playing as either one. But at least it made sense.
I'm talking just about the raw concept of having Sonic compete with Mario in track games in downplaying Sonic's abilities. I think they're different enough to keep them apart, but if you must bring them together, Brawl is the place.
|
My Signature |
|
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
10-27-2009, 12:49 AM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Sonic didn't costar in Brawl at all, that's my point. This new game series specifically puts Mario vs Sonic in the title. If this doesn't help Sonic I don't see what else can besides a surprise hit game some time soon.
|
My Signature |
|
10-27-2009, 12:53 AM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
That's what I hope for.
I wasn't ridiculing the title for being about Mario and Sonic. I was ridiculing it for acting like Mario could compete with Sonic in games of speed.
It's sort of like Snake vs. Link in a gun fight.
|
My Signature |
|
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
10-27-2009, 01:37 AM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Yeah I know what you were trying to say I was just nitpicking.
|
My Signature |
|
10-27-2009, 02:57 AM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Yeah I know what you were trying to say I was just nitpicking.
|
It was irritating. As I read the back and forth I kept wondering when you were going to acknowledge his point and stop forcing him to defend himself.
|
My Signature |
|
10-27-2009, 01:19 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
well snake wouldn't win if link had the mirror shield lolz
|
My Signature |
|
ive been missing so long, even the memes have memes.
10-27-2009, 01:49 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Skayde:
Quote:
|
Sonic Vs Mario has been dreamed about for so long, and now it takes place at the Olympics?
|
This is just marketing strategy trying to ride the McDonalds/beer commercial hype of the whole Olympic marketing machine.
(substitute the word 'Spaceballs' with 'Olympics')
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvmZ9SPcTzU"]YouTube - Spaceballs Merchandising[/ame]
The doll would be this guy:

Gordon Campbell, BC Premier
seen here in his mugshot after being arrested for drunk driving while in Hawaii.
Personally I am sick of hearing about the Olympics and seeing advertisements everywhere about them
AND THEY HAVEN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET!
To make it worse, I live in the very city where this whole mess will take place!!
|
|
|
10-27-2009, 02:23 PM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Hate to go off topic. But Joe. I applaud you for posting that clip. I love Spaceballs SO much. I just netflixed it and put it on the top of my queue.
|
|
|
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: How Did This Concept Thrive?
Own in. Great movie, very peculiar.
|
My Signature |
|
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.
|