Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Help Non-Retro Uprising Questions. Programming help, tech support, self help, advice, the meaning of life - it goes here.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Support > Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 02:09 AM   #1
DoctorRyanB1's Avatar
Regular Poster
213 posts
DoctorRyanB1 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
DoctorRyanB1

Windows 7 is here!!!

Today I went to my local Best Buy to get my Windows 7 installed. So far its been a hell of alot better than Vista. Of course its only the first day..........

For the rest of you upgrading I was just wondering what your thoughts were on it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

For more on my journey visit: http://doctorryanb1.blogspot.com/
Old 10-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
xfighter1138's Avatar
Regular Poster
121 posts
xfighter1138 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to xfighter1138
 
xfighter1138

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Seeing as how Vista disappointed me, I'm not getting Windows 7.

Though from what I've heard it's actually decent.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfighter1138 View Post
Seeing as how Vista disappointed me
I hear that's one of the main reasons Windows 7 is supposed to be so good, they learned from the Vista problems and they're working with the community.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

I don't get all the negative attention Vista gets. I've never had an issue with it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #5
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
I don't get all the negative attention Vista gets. I've never had an issue with it.
Some people have no issues and others have issues that are serious enough to make them lose faith in Microsoft all together. It might also have to do with the users level of tech savvy.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Shades's Avatar
Regular Poster
278 posts
Shades is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Shades

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Yeah, Vista just didn't have the easy flow feel that XP had. Easy flow is what Microsoft is known for over Macintosh, so that's sort of a big deal.

I'm pumped for Windows 7. I'm getting this bad boy.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/G51J-A1-15-6-Inch-Gaming-Windows-Premium/dp/B002PAQXCW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256435951&sr =8-1]Amazon.com: ASUS G51J-A1 15.6-Inch Blue Gaming Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium): Electronics[/ame]
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #7
Skayde's Avatar
Regular Poster
47 posts
Skayde is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to Skayde Send a message via Yahoo to Skayde
 
Skayde

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

I have had Window's 7 for a while now. I got it back when it was a Beta. I think it blows Vista out of the water. No complaints on my part.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
Shades's Avatar
Regular Poster
278 posts
Shades is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Shades

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skayde View Post
I have had Window's 7 for a while now. I got it back when it was a Beta. I think it blows Vista out of the water. No complaints on my part.
Really glad to hear it. Now I can have a functional operating system while playing Trine and BF2.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
Skayde's Avatar
Regular Poster
47 posts
Skayde is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to Skayde Send a message via Yahoo to Skayde
 
Skayde

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Trine is amazing. I have been playing the Demo like mad, just frothing at the mouth until payday so I can just get the damn thing.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #10
Shades's Avatar
Regular Poster
278 posts
Shades is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Shades

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Yeah, it's out for PS3, but I don't see how the wizard's powers could be used freely with an analog stick.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #11
Skayde's Avatar
Regular Poster
47 posts
Skayde is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to Skayde Send a message via Yahoo to Skayde
 
Skayde

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Too bad i'm a Microsoft Nerd. Lol. Wait. Why is that bad? I love my 360. Too bad we get suckered out of Heavy Rain. Bah Humbug.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #12
Shades's Avatar
Regular Poster
278 posts
Shades is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Shades

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

I'm a MS nerd too. I also have a 360, the PS3 belongs to the family as a blu-ray player (and as my source to LittleBigPlanet).

Sony's online multiplayer was the tragic flaw that forces people over to the 360 (er, people wanting multiplayer).
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #13
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Lets stay on topic here. Thanks.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #14
Shades's Avatar
Regular Poster
278 posts
Shades is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Shades

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Alright, well, we've established that 7 is worth the upgrade from Vista.

Is it worth the upgrade from XP?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 PM   #15
Skayde's Avatar
Regular Poster
47 posts
Skayde is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to Skayde Send a message via Yahoo to Skayde
 
Skayde

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Yes. There is not a doubt in my mind that it's worth THAT upgrade. Haha
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #16
Shades's Avatar
Regular Poster
278 posts
Shades is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Shades

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Well, I was just wondering. I like the feel of XP better than Vista, and I heard that 7 is similar to XP (of course, I don't know for sure). So is it enough of a change for the cash I'm throwing down?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #17
Skayde's Avatar
Regular Poster
47 posts
Skayde is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to Skayde Send a message via Yahoo to Skayde
 
Skayde

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

You get alot more functions, while not overdoing it like Vista did. Window's 7 is a much smoother ride. I actually only had Vista for a while, I as well enjoyed XP enough to keep it around for a while. So yeah, I think it's worth it in the long run.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #18
Shades's Avatar
Regular Poster
278 posts
Shades is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Shades

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Alright, well, it's going to come with my laptop, and maybe after a couple months, I'll make the decision to switch it over to the family's desktop.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #19
Skayde's Avatar
Regular Poster
47 posts
Skayde is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to Skayde Send a message via Yahoo to Skayde
 
Skayde

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

It works wonders on my Labtop. I dunno about a desktop, though I assume it would work just as well. Handles my Dosbox perfectly. And it lets me run everything here, so I can't complain. haha.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:36 AM   #20
Shades's Avatar
Regular Poster
278 posts
Shades is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Shades

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

This is going to be a beautiful upgrade from my current laptop.

A- Better OS
B- Bigger Ram
C- Dell instead of Compaq
D- A dozen other upgrades (Office, video card, 500GB over 60 HD, etc.)

I'm very excited.

Plus, it's a good looking system as well.

Edit: What are some out standing features (I didn't say "outstanding" because I mean something else)?

Last edited by Shades; 10-27-2009 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: Relativity.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #21
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skayde View Post
It works wonders on my Labtop. I dunno about a desktop, though I assume it would work just as well. Handles my Dosbox perfectly. And it lets me run everything here, so I can't complain. haha.
So you no problems running ArcadeOX on Windows 7? Do you mind testing it in both IE and Firefox and letting me know the results.

I was hoping they would put DOS support back in.They made DOS why make people go to DOSbox.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #22
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Windows 7 is here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenser
I don't get all the negative attention Vista gets. I've never had an issue with it.
same here. when i got my new computer, it was recommended that i get an additional meg of ram when i was having my computer built to handle vista, did so and i have never had a problem.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS