Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Belmontzar's Avatar
Regular Poster
477 posts
Belmontzar play's well with othersBelmontzar play's well with others
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to Belmontzar Send a message via Skype™ to Belmontzar
 
Belmontzar

Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

WOOT
According to press reports, September 30 is set as the observance of the first-ever International Blasphemy Day.


USe this thread for any and all Blasphemy today^^

So.. HAPPY BLASPHEMY DAY ALL!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
PAL CODES: 3DS; Zach 3496-9421-4636
PSN, skype, facebook, and imvu im Belmontzar
systems; ps3 ps vita, 3ds, ds, comp when it works
Old 09-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Timber Wolf's Avatar
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf
 
Timber Wolf

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Really, damn, I can't believe I missed it
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."
Old 09-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

What do you mean missed it?
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
OldTimer's Avatar
Regular Poster
486 posts
OldTimer is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
OldTimer

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Home

"The objective of International Blasphemy Day is to open up all religious beliefs to the same level of free inquiry, discussion and criticism to which all other areas of academic interest are subjected."

Sounds pretty good to me.

Last edited by OldTimer; 09-30-2009 at 07:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

How could I miss such an epic day?!?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 09-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejamesbond View Post
How could I miss such an epic day?!?
You do know it's the 30th today right?
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #7
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
You do know it's the 30th today right?
Yes, but how could I have missed it?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 09-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejamesbond View Post
Yes, but how could I have missed it?
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
Do I have to be simpler?
I would have been more active about this earlier.
I wasn't being literal.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 09-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

The night is young, there is still time...
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #11
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

REALITY CHECK:
Certain aspects of religion seek to be offended at every opportunity, and to use those instances as leverage to restrict free speech in order to squelch further criticism.

Sorry I can't be more specific but if I were I would probably be hauled in for hate speech and fined or jailed.
These groups are simply not open to free inquiry, discussion, or criticism to which any area of academic interest is subjected and probably never will be.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:34 AM   #12
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

You really can't say without causing a hate crime? I fine that hard to believe.

Btw this is the first I'm hearing of this, sounds good to me too.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:35 AM   #13
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

DB:
Quote:
You really can't say without causing a hate crime? I fine that hard to believe.
heh, fine that hard to believe - good one.

No, I am not joking.
It has to do with the global attack on free speech, and certain religious groups are being used as vehicles to bring about greater restrictions on what is acceptable to discuss.
Perhaps it is a bit of exaggeration on my part to say that I cannot name those groups here for fear of prosecution myself, but it is nearly getting that bad.

Did I mention they will throw you in jail in the Netherlands for telling a joke about these people?
(Tell a joke, go to jail at prisonplanet.com)
This sort of thing will undoubtedly lead up to the dreaded politically correct greeting protocol.

'Before I greet you, I would like to apologize if greetings offend your race/religion/culture....'
and THAT is NO JOKE.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:44 AM   #14
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Quote:
heh, fine that hard to believe - good one.
Sorry that was a typo, I'm glad it was accidentally funny though.

Quote:
Did I mention they will throw you in jail in the Netherlands for telling a joke about these people?
Well now you have to tell us who you're talking about.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:15 AM   #15
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

DB:
Quote:
Well now you have to tell us who you're talking about.
It doesn't matter who specifically I was referring to (it does say in the article I quoted though)
but I think the point I am trying to make is that there are religious groups from all over, as well as environmental groups which are being used as political tools.

Any more than that requires a tinfoil hat.
I'm getting way too deep anyhow, so
HAPPY BLASPHEMY DAY!
Now, off to watch Pat Condell's latest video.
Fellow atheists, please join me!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:18 AM   #16
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Well I think I can agree that religions and other groups are used for hidden agendas, I was just curious which ones you think are the worst.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:28 AM   #17
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Ahhh, but DB, you don't have a tinfoil hat, and I have never seen you at one of our meetings, so...
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #18
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Yeah if anything I'm the opposite of a conspiracy theorist, I consider myself a skeptic. That's also why I consider myself agnostic, I'm skeptical of religion and atheism.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 AM   #19
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Excellent.
I don't consider myself to be a conspiracy theorist either, maybe more of a controversial-ist.
In reality I am only a human being, and I think that is what we should all strive to be first before attempting to believe ourselves to be something else.

Here I am in the deep end again.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:34 AM   #20
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

It's ok I agree with you, I'm a human skeptic not a skeptic human. I think that makes sense.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #21
Belmontzar's Avatar
Regular Poster
477 posts
Belmontzar play's well with othersBelmontzar play's well with others
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to Belmontzar Send a message via Skype™ to Belmontzar
 
Belmontzar

Re: Internationa DAy of Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejamesbond View Post
Yes, but how could I have missed it?

Dont worry ^^ like I said above, this was the first^^ I was the run around utterly confusing people that day. I liked to say hello and HAPPY BLASPHEMY DAY to everyone I ran across on IMVU XP Damn that was fun^^
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
PAL CODES: 3DS; Zach 3496-9421-4636
PSN, skype, facebook, and imvu im Belmontzar
systems; ps3 ps vita, 3ds, ds, comp when it works
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS