| Scoop This section contains interesting stories found on the web, mostly to do with retro gaming. |
|
09-11-2014, 07:44 AM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
To be honest I thought it was pretty "meh"
It might just be me though. After watching every episode of his, it started to get a bit same old same old.
He is a talented guy though definitely, and I have a lot of respect for him and what he has accomplished
|
My Signature |
|
09-11-2014, 02:28 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
I find he has gone to shit over the last few years. Too much effort in his movie and not enough on his series. His James and Mike Play's are terrible, and boring. I have know idea why these vids have like 1000 to 1 likes to dislikes.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
09-11-2014, 05:48 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
I find he has gone to shit over the last few years. Too much effort in his movie and not enough on his series. His James and Mike Play's are terrible, and boring. I have know idea why these vids have like 1000 to 1 likes to dislikes.
|
Opinions brah. And it's not that he focused too much effort on his movie, while that is a deciding factor, you have to remember he has a daughter, and a wife. Plus working on a full length film and trying to make new content for the AVGN series, the crap he's fallen to (which I agree with btw) is understandable.
|
My Signature |
|
"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."
Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)
09-11-2014, 05:59 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
I don't get what people like about his videos. Every one I've seen comes off as forced.
|
My Signature |
|
09-11-2014, 06:13 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
Recent episodes have been lacking, the way I see it. I didn't like the stuff he did while he was making the movie because his videos were often drawn out to an overly lenghtly run time (his way of trying to compensate for the scarcity of episodes) with not enough material.
Cautiously optimistic about the movie; haven't seen it yet.
|
|
|
09-11-2014, 10:29 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I don't get what people like about his videos. Every one I've seen comes off as forced.
|
They're just entertaining. I don't take the character's opinions as true like some of his viewers do, because he's more often than not wrong on many subjects, but that's exactly what the character of AVGN is. He's supposed to be angry without reason, and definitely comes off as a parody of gamers who nitpick over every little tiny thing.
That isn't to say he doesn't review objectively bad games, but more often than not, instead of pointing out genuine flaws, the character nitpicks other things.
Plus, for me at least, it's more just a journey. I've watched his videos since the beginning, and was something me and my brother watched every time a new video came out. The last video I completely enjoyed was probably the Bible Games episode, where I laughed nearly throughout the entire thing, as opposed to recent ones where I get a chuckle or maybe a hearty laughter here and there. Also, I've seen the work that goes into a single video and it's insane, for a 9 minute video, it's roughly like three, four weeks of work. If anything, you have to give the guy credit for that.
|
My Signature |
|
"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."
Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)
09-12-2014, 01:36 AM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
I have only laughed out loud 1 time during an AVGN video. I never thought they were funny, I thought they were entertaining. I like him showing frustrating parts of games, and his rants that go along with it add entertainment, not comedy.
I have zero interest in watching his movie.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
09-12-2014, 08:39 AM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
The last AVGN review I laughed at was Winter Games.
But The recent ones feel like he's doing because he has to do it.
I've watched the nerd since the first few episodes and I'm gonna try to see his movie.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
09-12-2014, 09:11 AM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay
you have to give the guy credit for that.
|
Sure, I just don't enjoy the result of his hard work.
|
My Signature |
|
09-12-2014, 01:30 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
I hope now that hes done with the movie he'll continue with the series... i watched one james & mike and just quit going to his channel
|
My Signature |
|
09-12-2014, 08:56 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
I haven't seen anything new of his. I don't like his rants. Take them away and there isn't much that is even attempting to be funny. Even with the annoying rants I think the shows are interesting.
Also, gotta give him credit for probably being the most famous voice in retro gaming. I have good friends that are so uninterested in games they've never even checked out this site even thought they personally know the creator and they still know who AVGN is. Impressive.
|
My Signature |
|
09-13-2014, 07:15 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
How about the AVGN Adventures, what do you guys think about that?
|
|
|
09-17-2014, 12:33 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
I understand why some of you say AVGN/ James Rolfe's videos feel forced but if he didn't put on some kind of show he wouldn't have gotten very far.
These newer 'Let's Play' videos with Mike are boring, and there is a lot of filler going on but this should be taken with the understanding that James has been working hard on his movie for a few years now.
If I was him I'd have done the same: minimal effort on you tube, leaving most for the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FudgyDRS
How about the AVGN Adventures, what do you guys think about that?
|
I don't think many non - AVGN fans would give it a glance.
I think it's an incredible retro gaming tribute, not only to the Nerd but also to those elements of the 8 and 16 - bit era we all loved to hate, but more = it transcends the Nerd character and includes elements from other videos he's done like his Monster Madness movie reviews - which is why the game also includes things like The Giant Claw.
But only fans of his videos or people familiar with the source material would get the references anyways.
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures on Steam
ON James Rolfe/ AVGN in general, he followed his dream of making movies and became successful, which is something I imagine not many people can say.
I haven't seen his movie yet but anticipate a wild ride.
|
My Signature |
|
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
 Your new nightmare XXVII:
 
09-17-2014, 12:39 PM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Joe
ON James Rolfe/ AVGN in general, he followed his dream of making movies and became successful, which is something I imagine not many people can say.
|
Amen to that RU Joe .

|
My Signature |
|
09-17-2014, 01:09 PM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Joe
ON James Rolfe/ AVGN in general, he followed his dream of making movies and became successful, which is something I imagine not many people can say.
I haven't seen his movie yet but anticipate a wild ride.
|
Agreed. He has always been more of a cinema fan at heart rather than a video game fan, even since childhood. It's really cool that he has made his own path in creating a movie.
|
|
|
09-18-2014, 02:47 AM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
Well I can at least say it beats Ashen's movie by a long shot. That one was really boring.
|
|
|
10-27-2014, 03:48 AM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: AVGN The Movie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
I find he has gone to shit over the last few years. Too much effort in his movie and not enough on his series. His James and Mike Play's are terrible, and boring. I have know idea why these vids have like 1000 to 1 likes to dislikes.
|
He is still funny to me, Wasn't it Hilarious when he pooped on Bugs Bunny!?
I haven't watched his James and Mike Play's yet though.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.
|