| Help Non-Retro Uprising Questions. Programming help, tech support, self help, advice, the meaning of life - it goes here. |
|
09-08-2012, 05:59 PM
|
#1
|
|
|
NES help needed
I just tried to hook my NES up to my tv and it wouldn't work. I got a greyish screen with some static on it whenever I turned on the power. All the cords look to be in good condition, I tried channels 3 and 4 with the switch on the back and I tried more than one game(never seen this kind of screen from an NES game though). I have an Element LCD tv and I'm using the only coaxial connection it has, the one that cable goes into. If I screw the cable into the back of the NES adapter it plays instead of the static. I last tried my NES on my old lcd tv and it worked fine. This is the only tv I have atm. Anyone got any ideas?
|
My Signature |
|
09-13-2012, 08:50 PM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
Would a roundhouse kick help? 
|
My Signature |
|
09-13-2012, 09:06 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
I suggest try playing another NES on that TV and if the problem persists, it's either the TV or cables, if not just use ther other working NES.
|
|
|
09-16-2012, 05:05 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
@Nuck Chorris- I already tried an elbow drop and it didn't work.
@FudgyDRS- I only have the one NES, thanks for the suggestion though.
|
My Signature |
|
09-17-2012, 09:18 AM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
Did you try seeing if the tv has a Video channel? On my new flat screen, I tried using channels 3 and 4 and I couldn't see anything when I played on my Wii or DVD player. I found out it has a specific VIDEO channel. Maybe you over lookded it?
|
My Signature |
|
09-17-2012, 09:59 AM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
If this plugs into your tv then the tv should be on channel 3-4
If you are using this then the tv needs to be on something like Video Input or Auxiliary Input or something similar.
Sounds like you are using the RF Box (top image). Try RCA cables (second image). 1. RCA is higher quality. 2. Maybe something in your coaxial connection is broken.
If you get the same error after changing from coaxial to RCA then it is not your TV or connection. It is your NES.
Last edited by Kong; 09-17-2012 at 10:02 AM..
|
My Signature |
|
09-17-2012, 09:59 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
@Joz- Yup I'm not that stupid, I tried every available input option and nothing worked. I know it's receiving a signal on 3-4 it's just not coming through as usable.
@Kong- Do I need a specific type of RCA or are they standard? I might have some laying around or buried in a rats nest of cords somewhere.
|
My Signature |
|
09-17-2012, 10:22 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
Standard. You can steal them from VCR, DVD, Stereo etc.
|
My Signature |
|
09-17-2012, 10:37 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
DB, have you tried to put any firm tape around the A/C adaptor? One of the reasons that can happen is a problem with the power supply. The exact same thing happens on my NES because the outer case of the A/C box got loose over time. When I wrapped box / duct tape around it to hold it together it worked much better.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
09-17-2012, 10:44 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
@Kong- Good to know I'll try it out.
@WB- I didn't try anything like that because it all looks in tip top shape. I did try moving the cord around near it's base to see if it was loose but nothing changed at all.
Another issue might be the tv itself. It was a clearance model and the board that holds the inputs is loose. For the xbox I have to set it and forget it, if I move the cord or it's connector it goes haywire until I find it's sweet spot again. That's HDMI, the rest of the connections have been stable for the last couple years. Maybe it got messed up.
|
My Signature |
|
09-18-2012, 08:34 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
Quote:
|
@Nuck Chorris- I already tried an elbow drop and it didn't work.
|
See no wonder it don't work...when has an elbow drop solved anything?
Last edited by Chuck Norris; 09-18-2012 at 08:36 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
09-18-2012, 08:40 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
Sometimes it does help but you're right sometimes it doesn't.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7E57M17Ps8]Randy "Macho Man" Savage on The Weird Al Show - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
09-29-2012, 04:00 AM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
Ever get this working DB? Like you said sounds more like the TV then anything.
|
My Signature |
|
09-29-2012, 06:55 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: NES help needed
Nah with everything going on I haven't had time to test things out. I will though, just not sure when.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.
|