| All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online. |
|
06-01-2012, 09:38 PM
|
#1
|
|
|
The Humble Bundle!
(Note: I couldn't find any threads about it, so I made one. I apologize if there's already a thread)
Here's the link.
Every game in it was worth it. You pay whatever you can, whether it's a penny, a dollar, a hundred dollars, etc.
Additionally, you can choose how the money is distributed, whether you want to donate to Child's Play Charity with your cash, or just pay off the devs.
If you pay a dollar or more, you get a steam code so you can get the games via steam as well.
The games are great, and I see no reason why to get it.
|
My Signature |
|
This spoiler contains ponies.
06-01-2012, 09:51 PM
|
#2
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
I'm not sure I get it. I can donate a penny per game and get them all except Bastion?
|
My Signature |
|
06-01-2012, 10:08 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
You could, if you're heartless. But for less then a dollar, you don't get it via steam.You get a unique URL in which you can download it for years to come.
|
My Signature |
|
This spoiler contains ponies.
06-02-2012, 02:26 AM
|
#4
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
I'm not heartless I'm just skeptical and a noob. This is a good deal and I remember hearing something about this before, how many times have they done this?
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2012, 12:12 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Well I picked it up and gave what i could, since i don't have much on me.
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2012, 12:29 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
I wish they just offered it through Steam...I have $1.12 sitting in my wallet they could have had
|
|
|
06-02-2012, 04:01 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
So if I spend more than a buck or so they give me a steam key or four?
Btw what's so good about Limbo? I've heard lots of people saying it's great but from watching videos there's nothing cool besides the artwork.
Amnesia looks scary, doubt I can even play it. Not that I'd be terrified but I don't like tense helpless games that much.
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2012, 04:48 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
If I can get a Steam key, that means I can download the games onto the new computer I plan on getting?
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2012, 05:16 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Notch, creator of Minecraft donated over $6,500 for his copies.
|
My Signature |
|
10-11-2013, 10:58 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
So there is a topic for these already. Bump-
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
6 bucks for 8 games. Some nice looking strategy games and some other interesting oddballs. All Steam only.
|
My Signature |
|
10-12-2013, 01:58 AM
|
#11
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
I have Blood Bowl, though the Chaos Edition. Pretty sure it's the same game, Chaos Edition just has more teams.
Pretty good game, I like it. Don't let the football thing steer you away, it's more of a strategy game with a football cover.
|
|
|
10-12-2013, 03:37 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Hey I enjoy football video games even though I don't like it as a sport really. I used to play mutant league!
|
My Signature |
|
10-12-2013, 03:54 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Hey I enjoy football video games even though I don't like it as a sport really. I used to play mutant league!
|
Well I meant it's football in so far as you try to score TD's and keep the other team from scoring. That is where the football part stops.
-There is no play calling. You can align your team before the kickoff but that is it.
-There are no real football rules
-Incomplete passes count as a turnover, and the ball sits where it landed until someone picks it up.
-Fumbles count as a turnover, again ball stays where it is until someone picks it up.
-When your turn ends and you have the ball, you keep it. The other team then tries to take it from you by making you fumble it by attacking the ball carrier(or trying to set up a trap it is a strategy game afterall)
There are RPG elements as well. After games players can gain experience and can be leveled to increase their stats and gain new skills.
From what I read Chaos and Legendary editions are compatible so both can play against each other.
If anyone has any questions about it I can try to answer them.
|
|
|
10-12-2013, 04:59 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Cool to hear we can play together with different versions. More people should buy this bundle so we can make a RU league.
|
My Signature |
|
11-05-2013, 07:03 PM
|
#15
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Batman City and Asylum, Fear 1 and 2, Scribblenauts and LOTR War in the North are currently $4.50. Who's getting it and who's gonna play some LOTR with me?
|
My Signature |
|
11-05-2013, 07:31 PM
|
#16
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Eh, I have Asylum and City on PS3 and the others don't interest me.
|
|
|
11-05-2013, 07:57 PM
|
#17
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
"indie" Must feel good to support the little guy.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
11-05-2013, 10:01 PM
|
#18
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
You can give 0 towards the dev and put it to charity and/or the humble bundle tip if you want.
|
My Signature |
|
11-05-2013, 10:15 PM
|
#19
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
"indie" Must feel good to support the little guy.
|
Hmm, I don't know if I would call WB games the "little guy."
Still, it's good to see that they're participating in the program to support charity. Given that these are bigger budget games, they take a larger loss in idealistic profit than the games that usually show up on the site.
That being said, I already have the batman games on PC and don't have an interest in F.E.A.R. I really wouldn't mind grabbing Scribblenauts though.
|
|
|
11-05-2013, 10:21 PM
|
#20
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Quote:
|
Hmm, I don't know if I would call WB games the "little guy."
|
That was kind of the point of his sarcasm. The quotation marks give it away.
Because of the dev I already planned on giving them 0. I don't have a problem with them I just figure the charity and the site need it a lot more.
|
My Signature |
|
11-06-2013, 07:59 AM
|
#21
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
That was kind of the point of his sarcasm. The quotation marks give it away. 
|
I, too, was sarcastic. I found the post to be really douchey and non direct in the meekly conceived complaint. See the use of a counterpoint for details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Because of the dev I already planned on giving them 0. I don't have a problem with them I just figure the charity and the site need it a lot more.
|
I did the same thing with the developer for FEZ. I suppose I might do the same here, but I'll take a little more time to think about it.
|
|
|
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkN
I found the post to be really douchey
|
Because I was pointing out how incorrect the use of the word indie was? Okaaayy...
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
11-06-2013, 02:42 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Update - They made it possible to gift individual games again because of the overwhelming negative feedback about linking accounts. I'm having trouble buying this bundle atm but when support figures it out I'll have an extra copy of Batman Asylum and City. Anyone got any games to trade for them?
|
My Signature |
|
11-11-2013, 02:54 PM
|
#25
|
|
|
re: The Humble Bundle!
Meh looks like the same value as Steam sales, which is good but not on par with the bundles. I suspect this is directly tied to the whole thing about linking your account to Steam.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.
|