03-24-2008, 10:40 PM
|
#1
|
|
|
playstation 3
can u still buy the 80 gb version?? i was seriously close to buyin today but all best buy had was the 40gb, and the kid didn't know anything about it. besides the back ps2 capabilties, the new bd live seems to have a lot of stuff. please anyone, cant seem to find answers.
|
|
|
03-25-2008, 12:28 AM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
thanks, i found info on a new version in june packed w/ metal gear solid 4 for 500 bucks, i closed out my browser and will post if i can find.[br] Posted on: March 25, 2008, 02:14:06 AM_________________________________________________h ere it is.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/26/s...od-of-war-psp/
nice work on the trophies tails
oh and wii sucks! 
|
|
|
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by capri1979
oh and wii sucks! 
|
Why you gotta add that in there? You know how many dudes own Wiis on these forums.
That was just uncalled for 
|
My Signature |
|
TMT Raps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
|

03-26-2008, 10:54 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
because tails offered his opinion about the wii and i gave mine, not uncalled for at all just my opinion, spent 10 years of my life as a loyal nintando fan and they got plenty of my money, thank you very much
|
|
|
03-26-2008, 11:45 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
What don't you like about the Wii?
Personally I think the PS3 is an overpriced overhyped system with no games I wanna play. I own Wii and 360 because they both entertain me and It didn't cost me an arm and leg like PS3.
|
My Signature |
|
03-27-2008, 10:58 AM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by capri1979
oh and wii sucks! 
|
Why you gotta add that in there? You know how many dudes own Wiis on these forums.
That was just uncalled for 
|
Boooooo! People hating on the Wii. Go buy your 7 million dollar PS3, not that any game designers will ever make games that will take full advantage of the graphic capabilities.
Honestly I think the decision comes down to Wii, and the 360.
|
My Signature |
|
03-27-2008, 10:00 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Oh no. Look what I have caused.
I have nothing wrong with the PS3 other than the fact that there isn't really anything I want for it that is not alos on 360. It's really not overpriced anymore and is a vild choice of console unlike when it first launched. I just also love my Wii. And my 360.
I wasn't trying to be a fanboy for anyone, I am just anti console-hate.
|
My Signature |
|
TMT Raps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
|

03-27-2008, 10:16 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom
Oh no. Look what I have caused.
I have nothing wrong with the PS3 other than the fact that there isn't really anything I want for it that is not alos on 360. It's really not overpriced anymore and is a vild choice of console unlike when it first launched. I just also love my Wii. And my 360.
I wasn't trying to be a fanboy for anyone, I am just anti console-hate.
|
It's all on you.
No, really I agree. I hate people telling me that Wii sucks. Why do you care what I play?
Though I do feel that the PS3 isn't a good buy.
|
My Signature |
|
03-27-2008, 10:50 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Hobbes
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom
Oh no. Look what I have caused.
I have nothing wrong with the PS3 other than the fact that there isn't really anything I want for it that is not alos on 360. It's really not overpriced anymore and is a vild choice of console unlike when it first launched. I just also love my Wii. And my 360.
I wasn't trying to be a fanboy for anyone, I am just anti console-hate.
|
It's all on you.
No, really I agree. I hate people telling me that Wii sucks. Why do you care what I play?
Though I do feel that the PS3 isn't a good buy.
|
i agree 100%, Hobbes.
|
My Signature |
|
03-27-2008, 10:53 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
i only sucks becuase i don't want one! it doesn't mean that your's sucks. to each his own sorry to hurt feelings! i just believe the ps3 is the right choice FOR ME! i honestly can't say that the ps3 will come out on top, it may take to long for that to ever happen now, it seems that sony got what they wanted in winning the hi-def format sweepstakes, but everyone says it will be short live w/ downloadable video, i my self am looking into the apple tv setup now before even buying the ps3! i think in the end they will all make money off them and the arguement will be mute. also i am a big killzone fan and never played any halo's so what do i know, besides my preference and 5 nintendo systems and like i said, they got enough of my money for the minute.
|
|
|
03-27-2008, 10:54 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
here is a topic on the ps3 and i only have a gamecube and a xbox. but i still got my snes and n64 and i think that those are alot better then alot of the newer stuff out there now. but that may just be me
|
|
|
03-27-2008, 11:03 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by count100
here is a topic on the ps3 and i only have a gamecube and a xbox. but i still got my snes and n64 and i think that those are alot better then alot of the newer stuff out there now. but that may just be me
|
that's why i play here and i also would like to find a n64, and get my snes goin. also i would love to see snes added here and i understand its not happening anytime soon. now game cube, that was probally what killed it for me, no games of interest, don't even know why i bought it had it like 5 months. wii never tried it, but there r plenty of things out there i have never tried and know i wont like ;D
|
|
|
03-27-2008, 11:06 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
You should really try the Wii, even if you think you won't like it. Play it at a friends house or something.
|
My Signature |
|
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!
Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!
Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!
03-27-2008, 11:09 PM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
the wii is notthat bad but its too much standing for me lol.. the gamecube i got just cause it went outdated and there are a few good games for it if you look for it. i just got the rampage: total destruction for it and that one is good. i just don't think that the ps3 would work for me due to the fact that now you cant find one that will play the older games like the ps2 and the playstation so whats the point of the ps3 now.
|
|
|
03-27-2008, 11:16 PM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
june i guess, its supposed to $500 and have MGS4 w/ it (80gb and ps 2 "emotion chip") i want the 80gb just for the extra 40gb for downloading, sony knows at some point they are gonna have to compete w/ xbox live for real. i could always just keep the ps2 i have, sony fixes it for free every time it breaks anyway 
|
|
|
03-27-2008, 11:18 PM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
If I had to pick it'd be the Wii. I already stated I'd buy one as soon as they make the virtual console games online. Until then, pfft! The newest system I own is a GBA:SP and before that it's an N64. ;D
|
My Signature |
|
03-27-2008, 11:20 PM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
the only time i will get a wii or anything else is when they come out with a new one and the others become obsolete and then i will go there and buy those lol.
|
|
|
03-27-2008, 11:21 PM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
FYI, don't need to stand to play the Wii. You can do all the Wii controls while sitting comfortably. But if you like to act out stuff(like when I play Wii sports baseball/bowling) it can be fun to get into it.
|
My Signature |
|
03-27-2008, 11:23 PM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
FYI, don't need to stand to play the Wii. You can do all the Wii controls while sitting comfortably. But if you like to act out stuff(like when I play Wii sports baseball/bowling) it can be fun to get into it.
|
thats what i was referring to ya its a great system but mostly i want something that i can sit and play. i wasn't knocking the wii at all. Nintendo did a great job with it.
|
|
|
03-27-2008, 11:40 PM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
The Wii really gets fun when you've got a lot of players. However, it is somewhat lacking in my opinion with single player games.
|
My Signature |
|
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!
Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!
Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!
03-27-2008, 11:47 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by count100
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
FYI, don't need to stand to play the Wii. You can do all the Wii controls while sitting comfortably. But if you like to act out stuff(like when I play Wii sports baseball/bowling) it can be fun to get into it.
|
thats what i was referring to ya its a great system but mostly i want something that i can sit and play. i wasn't knocking the wii at all. Nintendo did a great job with it.
|
You're not understanding me here, you can play ALL Wii games while sitting and relaxing. The motions you do with the controller are very simple. Unless you play a game like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, those mini games put some strain on the arms for sure. But even then you can still sit and relax(besides you're forearms)
Quote:
|
The Wii really gets fun when you've got a lot of players. However, it is somewhat lacking in my opinion with single player games.
|
Yeah I agree, needs more single player stuff. I'm really waiting for some good RPGs or Strategy games. I know Nintendo can do it.
|
My Signature |
|
03-27-2008, 11:53 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by count100
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
FYI, don't need to stand to play the Wii. You can do all the Wii controls while sitting comfortably. But if you like to act out stuff(like when I play Wii sports baseball/bowling) it can be fun to get into it.
|
thats what i was referring to ya its a great system but mostly i want something that i can sit and play. i wasn't knocking the wii at all. Nintendo did a great job with it.
|
You're not understanding me here, you can play ALL Wii games while sitting and relaxing. The motions you do with the controller are very simple. Unless you play a game like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, those mini games put some strain on the arms for sure. But even then you can still sit and relax(besides you're forearms) 
|
i got that i have played it and for me it was not as easy to play when sitting as it was when standing but that may be just because they had the thing that you have to point at up high and it dosent work when sitting lol..
|
|
|
03-27-2008, 11:59 PM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by count100
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
FYI, don't need to stand to play the Wii. You can do all the Wii controls while sitting comfortably. But if you like to act out stuff(like when I play Wii sports baseball/bowling) it can be fun to get into it.
|
thats what i was referring to ya its a great system but mostly i want something that i can sit and play. i wasn't knocking the wii at all. Nintendo did a great job with it.
|
You're not understanding me here, you can play ALL Wii games while sitting and relaxing. The motions you do with the controller are very simple. Unless you play a game like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, those mini games put some strain on the arms for sure. But even then you can still sit and relax(besides you're forearms)
Quote:
|
The Wii really gets fun when you've got a lot of players. However, it is somewhat lacking in my opinion with single player games.
|
Yeah I agree, needs more single player stuff. I'm really waiting for some good RPGs or Strategy games. I know Nintendo can do it.
|
thats what i mean, IS there any good single player games coming? for that matter is there a traditional mario game or is that franchise done in the sense of they did not have a real mario game cube game. the newer metroid games were good and i wasn't that big of fan of the gamecube zelda. and are there traditional controls?
|
|
|
03-28-2008, 12:08 AM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: playstation 3
Mario Galaxy is good, it's wierd to get used to though since it's 3D. And not all games use the normal controls, I know Smash Bros lets yo use like 5-6 different controls, even the GC controller.
I don't have alot of game experience on Wii so others will have to explain more.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.
|