Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Name That Game Need help remembering a game's name? Post here and we will help.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > Name That Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Razeluxe's Avatar
Regular Poster
605 posts
Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Razeluxe

old SNES game.....I think

so I remember renting this game forever ago and hating it. So naturally I want to play it again.

All I can remember is being able to pick a character. Each had their own HP and could carry a certain number of torches or something? idk, you used the torches to burn spider webs. I remember there was a point near the beginning you could buy a shield, I think. There were pirate ships as a random event type thing....again, I think. I believe there was a part where you had to escort a mayor through a cave?

Yeah this is pretty wish-washy but uh..if anyone knows what on earth i'm talking about, then lemme know.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: old SNES game.....I think

I'm assuming this is an RPG? It sounds familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 05-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
Josephjo's Avatar
 
Josephjo

Re: old SNES game.....I think

Earthbound » Super Nintendo

Just a guess.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
Wolf's Avatar
 
Wolf

Re: old SNES game.....I think

dragon quest vi

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

or might be Ultima
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: old SNES game.....I think

Definitely not Earthbound or DQ4. I'm not sure which Ultima you mean Wolf but I doubt it's any of those either.

I think you guys need to pay attention to the important clue in his post-you get to choose your character. Earthbound and DQ4 you are locked into it. Ultima has the option to choose characters but I don't remember anything about carrying torches in the ones I played.

We really need to know what type of game it is. It doesn't really sound like RPG to me from the current description.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #6
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: old SNES game.....I think

This game fits a good portion of your description almost spot on, if I'm correct.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worlds_of_Ultima:_The_Savage_Empire"]Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

It was ported to the Super Famicom, and even saw an English translation, but it was not released outside of Japan.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #7
Razeluxe's Avatar
Regular Poster
605 posts
Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Razeluxe

Re: old SNES game.....I think

If I had to call it something I'd call it action. I believe you were looking from a kinda overhead view, and everything was real time. I remember that ghosts would usually come out of gravestones if you got too close.

One thing I remember really well are these portals that were just the usual large blue swirl thing (no it's not Chrono trigger. that's nothing close to what I've described) and they'd teleport you, and I remember once I ended up in this closed room full of them. I went through one and it put me on this tiny island in the middle of nowhere, not even big enough to walk on, and I just sat there until a pirate ship came and beat the hell out of me.

But again, this was SO long ago. I could be completely off base. I just remember renting it at a Video Giant when that was still around.

EDIT: Just tried Ultima: Runes of Virtue 2. It was a lot like that. lol

Last edited by Razeluxe; 05-18-2012 at 12:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #8
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: old SNES game.....I think

Oops I just noticed Wolf said 6 not 4, missed the little i.

@Raze- If it was RPG you'd probably remember. It didn't have any leveling up or RPG elements like that?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #9
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: old SNES game.....I think

Doing more research, I have come to the conclusion that your game is almost definitely Ultima VI: The False Prophet.

Ultima 6: The False Prophet - Super Nintendo
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #10
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: old SNES game.....I think

I didn't play that one much but it could be. The pirate ship thing is typical of Ultima as is the character choices. I'm just confused about the torch thing and the other gameplay aspects like the ghosts and spiders.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #11
Razeluxe's Avatar
Regular Poster
605 posts
Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Razeluxe

Re: old SNES game.....I think

no offense, but i'm sure I'd know if it was a tactics game. lol

I'm telling you it was more in the style of Rune of Virtue 2. Hell, maybe it was actually that, because that character select looked very familiar.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #12
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: old SNES game.....I think

There was only 3 Ultimas for SNES right?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #13
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: old SNES game.....I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeluxe View Post
no offense, but i'm sure I'd know if it was a tactics game. lol

I'm telling you it was more in the style of Rune of Virtue 2. Hell, maybe it was actually that, because that character select looked very familiar.
Well, at the very least, Ultima VI, at some points, has many elements that are very similar to your game.

Now that I examine Rune of Virtue 2, it seems that there is a point where you guide a mayor to a cave. That would be my next guess.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SNES game D.B. Cooper Name That Game 3 02-10-2012 03:32 PM
snes game warghoul Name That Game 16 02-02-2012 10:00 PM
SNES Game acting funny can't see what NPC character is saying alohaex Retro Uprising Support 20 03-08-2011 12:41 AM
snes Robot game Belmontzar Name That Game 7 10-18-2009 07:21 PM
Rare snes game CatalystiCam All Other Games 13 12-26-2008 12:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS