Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
joz's Avatar
 
joz

Top 100 Comic Villians

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/index.html

I thought this was entertaining and fun. Who's your top 10 from this list?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Top 100 Comic Villians

28. Doctor Octopus

I can live with that, but we are pretty much just covering DC and Marvel right?
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
joz's Avatar
 
joz

Re: Top 100 Comic Villians

It appears that way. Is the Shredder in the list? Also Violator from the Spawn comic.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: Top 100 Comic Villians

Joker will always be No 1 in my eyes But I can see why they went with Magneto.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 08-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Top 100 Comic Villians

@Joz- Shredder is way back at 39th place. He's behind a bunch of garbage characters. Even worse The Violator is 97th, ugh.

When I saw this topic I said to myself "Magneto better be first". I was worried Joker would get the top spot because of his recent popularity. Good to see they know the deal.

I disagree with Loki being 8th but I guess it's better than him being lower.

I'm kinda surprised to see Mystique at 18 but I guess they had to make room for those lame-o DC guys like DarkSeid, Sinestro and Brainiac(the names are so corny).

Ozymandias(from Watchmen) should be higher. I honestly didn't even think to count him(because I assumed this was marvel/DC) but his bio explains why he deserves to be up there.
"I did it 35 minutes ago."

Apocalypse at 24? That seems wrong considering he's probably the oldest mutant in the Marvel universe and he's been effecting their timeline since ancient Egypt. Besides his age he's also been one of the hardest bad guys to defeat.

Lucifer is 68th, that seems wrong right?



After that the list gets annoying. Mr Sinister below jokes like Bizzaro Superman and Captain Cold? Pfft.
Here's a clip of Loki because he's awesome-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDr57ajoTlU"]Marvel Ultimate alliance: Loki storms Valhalla - YouTube[/ame]
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Top 100 Comic Villians

Quote:
I'm kinda surprised to see Mystique at 18 but I guess they had to make room for those lame-o DC guys like DarkSeid, Sinestro and Brainiac(the names are so corny).
I like Braniac, lamest name in the multiverse but, a cool villain. Beats a blue shape-shifter girl.

Quote:
Ozymandias(from Watchmen) should be higher. I honestly didn't even think to count him(because I assumed this was marvel/DC) but his bio explains why he deserves to be up there.
"I did it 35 minutes ago."
Technically, Watchmen is a DC property. At least, it is the property of an imprint of DC.
But yeah, Ozymandias deserves to be on the list either way.
Just a side note, I think it's funny that spellcheck allows Ozymandias but, doesn't accept Sinestro.


I'm too lazy to go through that list so, could someone tell me if Penguin is on it? I feel like he should be in the top twenty-five.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Top 100 Comic Villians

Sorry but no. Mystique is a better developed character. They didn't have to radically change her to update her away from some ultra corny 50s B movie character theme.

Well spellcheck knows the name because it's as old as dirt,
Ozymandias (disambiguation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sinestro is just some corny name made up fairly recently and no one outside comic book circles has even heard of it.

Peguin is 51st on the list. If you click the link and scroll down it lists them all. Click on a name to see what place they got.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Top 100 Comic Villians

That beats the average IGN list.
Pengin at fifty-first? What is the heresy?
I can totally respect your opinion on Mystique. It basically comes down to Marvel vs. DC thing.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
starscream's Avatar
 
starscream

Re: Top 100 Comic Villians

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Joker will always be No 1 in my eyes But I can see why they went with Magneto.
Definitely. Joker is my all-time favorite villain.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Names that were absent that should have made the list:

(Was the Green Goblin on the list? I saw the Hobgoblin, but no Green Goblin.)

Adolf Hitler - He was a major villain in most of the early war comics

Megatron - Marvel's Transformers comics were great back in the 80s!

Skeletor - There was a short lived He-Man comic from Marvel as well.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Top 100 Comic Villians

You didn't see Green Goblin because they listed him under his real name, Norman Osborn(13th place). I assume they did that because he's been a good bad guy in and out of his costume.

Hitler was probably left out because he's based on a real person(so it's not like it was creative) and those early war comics were just propaganda, they weren't very good.

Megatron and Skeletor were probably left out because they weren't directly comic book, they just crossed over. But I agree they should've made the list over some of the lame ones who did.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #11
starscream's Avatar
 
starscream

Re: Top 100 Comic Villians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
You didn't see Green Goblin because they listed him under his real name, Norman Osborn(13th place). I assume they did that because he's been a good bad guy in and out of his costume.

Hitler was probably left out because he's based on a real person(so it's not like it was creative) and those early war comics were just propaganda, they weren't very good.

Megatron and Skeletor were probably left out because they weren't directly comic book, they just crossed over. But I agree they should've made the list over some of the lame ones who did.
Don't know how I missed Norman. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SNES - The Comic SSBBrawler Chat 58 02-26-2011 12:58 AM
Comic Recommendations... Winnebagel Chat 22 09-08-2010 01:40 AM
Morning Glory comic Neutral No Moderators 5 08-17-2009 01:29 AM
city of heroes/ city of villians Blue Shoe 2 All Other Games 5 01-02-2009 12:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS