08-05-2011, 11:33 PM
|
#1
|
|
|
Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
I've been taking a summer course on the history of rock n roll and
I've been wondering, what obscure bands/artists are you guys big
fans of?
I've got a few, like MC5 (NSFW):
or Metal Church:
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
08-06-2011, 12:04 AM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
I have a few.
MUCC, Redbourn Cherries, and Mac Lethal to name a few. I'm too lazy to find Youtube videos.
Ask TMT about Mac Lethal.
|
|
|
08-06-2011, 12:30 AM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
I am also too lazy to find the videos, but I do like bands like Knock Galley West and Duane & Brand0.
|
My Signature |
|
This spoiler contains ponies.
08-06-2011, 01:28 AM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
I also like Duane and Brand0.
|
My Signature |
|
08-06-2011, 02:31 AM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Duane and brando is good at times but it gets ugh after awhile.
|
My Signature |
|
08-06-2011, 12:00 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYNeQ4i7Ne8&feature=related]‪Leftfield - Open Up‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
08-06-2011, 02:50 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
The protomen
|
|
|
08-07-2011, 02:03 AM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Otep, Green Jelly, Blind Guardian, Jackyl, WWIII, Turisas...... i could go on.......im am what is called a "hipster" when it comes to music
|
My Signature |
|
08-08-2011, 09:17 AM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5cents
The protomen
|
They're not that obscure
---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-07-2011 at 02:36 AM ----------
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9M8FXjKwDs"]‪Nortec Collective's Bostich+Fussible "Tijuana Sound Machine"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
08-08-2011, 02:47 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
I don't know if Wall of Voodoo or Soft Cell are obscure but, just go with it.
|
|
|
08-08-2011, 04:26 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Third Eye Blind, Filter & Puddle of Mudd
|
|
|
08-08-2011, 08:19 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Maybe those are obscure in the great white north but down in the real world they're not. Filter might be to some people but the other two are not obscure at all.
|
My Signature |
|
08-08-2011, 08:39 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Bloodhound gang, Butthole surfers, Cake, Corrosion of Conformity, Deadsy, dope, doro, Mountain, The Presidents of the united states of America, Ram Jam, Spiderbait, Spinal tap (not a real band but they may bring it up) Tears for Fears and thats all i can think of from now...... (taken from my zune library rebuild........i had format the hard drive and lost over 7000 songs)
|
My Signature |
|
08-08-2011, 09:26 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATZ
Bloodhound gang, Butthole surfers, Cake, Corrosion of Conformity, Deadsy, dope, doro, Mountain, The Presidents of the united states of America, Ram Jam, Spiderbait, Spinal tap (not a real band but they may bring it up) Tears for Fears and thats all i can think of from now...... (taken from my zune library rebuild........i had format the hard drive and lost over 7000 songs)
|
All of those bolded ones are not obscure. CoC is a maybe but I still wouldn't call it obscure since it was pretty well known in the 90s and they have a song featured on the Tekken movie soundtrack.
Btw this song is awesome, thanks for reminding me.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k"]‪Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------
Upon further review, Ram Jam is not an obscure band.
On a related note, this is a really good cover.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU1VfYYKMDk"]‪Spiderbait - Black Betty‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
08-08-2011, 10:17 PM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Quote:
|
Maybe those are obscure in the great white north but down in the real world they're not. Filter might be to some people but the other two are not obscure at all.
|
lol, I count them. Most people I know have only heard Blurry by Puddle of Mudd, Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind, and Take a Picture by Filter. Seems obscure enough to me.
|
|
|
08-08-2011, 10:43 PM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Then I was right, it's a regional thing. Those bands are well known where I live and they've been played on MTV, so that pretty much seals it.
|
My Signature |
|
08-08-2011, 11:24 PM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Some of my favorite obscure bands:
Ninja Dinosaur, This is fantastic, Zeus, Putumayo, Look Left, The Cold, Longjohns, Spite, Telescope, Floodz, Elephant, Jacuzzi, and Celebrate Everything.
|
My Signature |
|
08-09-2011, 12:15 AM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Oh, Default is definitely one for sure. Probably another Regional thing, but the tables turned. they are Canadian :P They actually are not that well known again though. Maybe one song, but it's still not very well known.
|
|
|
08-09-2011, 12:47 AM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Then I was right, it's a regional thing. Those bands are well known where I live and they've been played on MTV, so that pretty much seals it.
|
It is not a regional thing, by no streatch of the imagination are those bands obscure. I can't name a single song by any of them, but I also can't name a single Justin Beiber song.
I've never heard of a single band on Kong's list. They are what I would call obscure.
A few of mine: Green River, Sub-Society, Eric's Trip, Bad Luck #13, Elevator to Hell, Zeke
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-09-2011, 09:41 AM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
The Pinker Tones - Stereolab
Last edited by joz; 08-09-2011 at 09:50 AM..
|
My Signature |
|
08-09-2011, 10:52 AM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
I like the Pinker Tones song, Sonido Total, it's very catchy.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
08-09-2011, 02:12 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
ween isn't o scure but there underground and I love'm
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REH2pNPFtAY&feature=related"]‪Ween- Let's Dance-Kanrocksas 8-5-2011.MOV‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------
same with primus
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8mO_Rpff5A&feature=related"]‪Primus - live at Kanrocksas in Kansas City August 2011 (04)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]I picked these clips cause i was at these shows and i think that bowie cover by ween is awesome
|
My Signature |
|
08-09-2011, 03:07 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
Primus isn't obscure or underground, they did the theme song for South Park.
|
My Signature |
|
08-09-2011, 03:15 PM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
I said there not obscure but they are underground there on there own indie label they, dont have air play, they only get togther every couple years to do shows, and realy the south park theme is only les claypool
|
My Signature |
|
08-09-2011, 03:19 PM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: Out of curiosity, what obscure bands do you like?
I can't agree about this sorry. To me Primus is a well known band and they've done work on a mainstream show for years. But that doesn't make them any less awesome.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
| Thread |
Thread Starter |
Forum |
Replies |
Last Post |
|
Obscure rpg's
|
warghoul |
Chat |
19 |
01-06-2011 06:44 PM |
|
"The Bands" Game
|
XERQ GRANITE |
Forum Games |
69 |
11-26-2009 03:56 PM |
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.
|