05-02-2011, 07:25 AM
|
#1
|
|
|
Creepy moments
What are some of the creepiest moments you have ever had while playing a game?
|
My Signature |
|
05-02-2011, 09:10 AM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
When I was younger the sound of the Hall monster coming in to get you on Venture for the Colecovision always gave me chills. 
|
|
|
05-02-2011, 11:04 AM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
That's a great one Elrod. The bat is Adventure always made me nervous.
|
My Signature |
|
05-02-2011, 11:06 AM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Oh ya that Bat could be deadly for several reasons. Anything from taking something you need somewhere you can't get it to trading you your sword for a dragon that eats you.
|
|
|
05-02-2011, 02:09 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
I have one let me tell you the story. One day back in the SNES era I went to my local video store and saw they had a new game called Secret of Evermore so I thought to myself "Oh cool this game looks like fun" so I borrowed it. I got it home and started playing it that night it was alright noting I would write home about. Anyway after a night of playing it I went to bed and that's when the crazy started I began to have this nightmare. I was in the game I was the boy and me and the dog just completed talking to everyone in the first village and we were leaving to continue on with the quest and as soon as we exited the village a gigantic monsters appears and begin to savagely rip me to shreds and I mean savagely like arms getting riped out of their socket, entrails getting pulled out of my body kind and as I was only 11-12 years old theis was terrifying to me. I awake with a start heart ponding a mile a minute a cold sweat and trying to make sense of what happened I could remember the dream so clearly and vividly. After I calm myself down and went back to sleep I had the very same dream again and again and again until finally I decided not to go back to sleep and just stay up the rest of the night. So the next day I tell my mother all about my dream and she chalks it up to a child over active imagination and that was that myself on the other hand was not convinced. That day noting went right for me in school I remember getting paint dumped on me and I could not concentrate on my school work which before was so easy for me and now seemed very hard. So I got home and told my mother and she chucked it up to a bad day and that was the end of it. That night when I went to bed I began to have the same dream over and over and over again so once again I stayed awake refusing to go back to bed afraid I would have the dream again. That day as soon as my mom woke up I demanded that we take the game back to the video store asap to which she said "Fine if you really want to" to which I answered with a "Hell yes I do" and then had to sit in the corner for having a potty mouth. When we finally took the game back to the store I felt a wave of relief flow over me giving the game to the store worker to return it. As soon as the store worker grabbed the game it slipped out of her hands onto the floor and she proceeded to pick it up and upon reaching for it she sliced her thumb on something sharp clear down the finger blood freely flowing from the cut. "See mom the game is cursed" I cried out to which the video store worker asked what I meant and I told her the whole story to which she agreed the game must be cursed my mom on the other hand thought we were both nuts. That night I was afraid to go to sleep thinking I would have the dream again but I forced myself to sleep and I had noting but good pleasant dreams no nightmares at all. I woke up the next day went to school and had no problem at all the work that was so hard when I had the game was now so easy again I felt great back to my old self.
|
My Signature |
|

05-02-2011, 03:36 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Recently I got Portal 2 for my birthday. While I was playing it, GLaDOS said something along the lines of, "You may be confused about the passage of time down here. What I'm trying to say is, yesterday was your birthday." That freaked me out, because it was my birthday the day before.
|
My Signature |
|
05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawlmaster12344
Recently I got Portal 2 for my birthday.
|
Did you get any cake?
You can pretty much just sum up all of my creepy moments by playing this game, I obsess over it for some weird reason.
http://retrouprising.com/game-menu/game/828/
|
|
|
05-02-2011, 03:47 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Yes Scissor-man is quite the character. All sorts of great moments in that game.
|
|
|
05-02-2011, 03:57 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrod21
Yes Scissor-man is quite the character. All sorts of great moments in that game.
|
I actually find games to be much scarier when they're in low resolution, it leaves more to the imagination.
|
|
|
05-02-2011, 04:19 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Some of the best horror flicks are that way. Leaving things to the imagination I mean.
|
|
|
05-02-2011, 04:50 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaex
I have one let me tell you the story. One day back in the SNES era I went to my local video store and saw they had a new game called Secret of Evermore so I thought to myself "Oh cool this game looks like fun" so I borrowed it.
|
So the game store just let you borrow it? Now that's what I call trust.
|
My Signature |
|
05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
When I was like five, I was playing Super Mario 64 for the N64 and it was the Big-Small world or whatever its called  Anyway, I went in the water and I saw this giant orange fish in the water. I didn't think it was very harmful so I kept on swimming. A few seconds later, it jumped up and ate me. I got so scared I fell backwards and yanked the controller out. That froze the game and then it made a static sound that got me even more scared  I never played that level until I was like 10 XD
Similar story for Jak 1 or 2, I'm not sure. Anyway, I was young, probably 7. I was in the Blue Sage's area and I jumped into the water. I hear this munching sort of sound and then a few seconds later, this giant orange shark-fish jumps out of the water and eats me leaving Jak screaming "Aaaahhh!....". This made me think of the Mario 64 fish and I got even more freaked up. XD I think I know why I don't like the ocean very much o.o
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
05-02-2011, 05:35 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Last night i was playing Star Wars Battlefront 2, and glitched on Mustafar when i fell in the lava but survived... so naturally i started shooting the rebels from below. it was creepy
|
|
|
05-02-2011, 05:54 PM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Pretty much the entirety of Vault 106 in Fallout 3. You go in, and start hallucinating.
|
My Signature |
|
05-02-2011, 06:23 PM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Playing Silent Hill while stoned at like 3 AM and those babies started to come out. I was freaked out and decided to play it again later. But I forgot to play it again and I had to turn it back to the video rental.
|
My Signature |
|
05-02-2011, 06:59 PM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawlmaster12344
Pretty much the entirety of Vault 106 in Fallout 3. You go in, and start hallucinating.
|
For me that's too specific. I think large parts of the games(FO3 and NV) are creepy. All the dark, silent areas with the lurking enemies. If you don't use VATS all the time that is.
Btw Batman Arkum Asylum has a few creepy moments because of Scarecrow.
|
My Signature |
|
05-02-2011, 07:57 PM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Well, my first time in Vault 106, I never felt safe, and I never knew when I would start to hallucinate again. That, and it was like 2 a.m. when I first went in it.
|
My Signature |
|
05-02-2011, 08:32 PM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Drowning in Sonic used to always get me.
Especally the music!
For some reason if Id be sat on my own in the dark when I was younger and id be playing my SMS, if the error screen came on - that used to freak me out..I dont know why :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000
Playing Silent Hill while stoned at like 3 AM...
|
I used to do that with Resident evil 3 - I was so stoned at one point I had to turn the game off and leave the room,
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawlmaster12344
Recently I got Portal 2 for my birthday. While I was playing it, GLaDOS said something along the lines of, "You may be confused about the passage of time down here. What I'm trying to say is, yesterday was your birthday." That freaked me out, because it was my birthday the day before.
|
This made me lol!
|
My Signature |
|

Ok My Sig might not be as epic ,
But my dawggg Is 
05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Btw Batman Arkum Asylum has a few creepy moments because of Scarecrow.
|
Oh my god, yes! The first thing at the morgue freaked me out! I was replaying this game yesterday (second time I played it. Beat it when it first came out). Anyway, it still got to me even though I knew it was coming. I can't believe I didn't mention that. Also, the crazy enemies (the ones who yell really loudly and jump onto you) freak me out too. Especially since I did all of this between 11PM and 1AM D:
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
05-02-2011, 08:49 PM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Those maniac enemies didn't scare me at all because I walked around with that special sight mode on, saw them shambling around way before they saw me. Also they're pretty easy to counter. But yeah their scream is a little disturbing.
|
My Signature |
|
05-02-2011, 10:53 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
The screaming is what got to me. Plus, being alone at 1AM didn't help  I also don't think I had my Detective Mode on (for whatever reason, I don't remember seeing it, so it must've been off)
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
05-02-2011, 11:51 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
It got to the point where I felt like I couldn't see without detective mode. All that blue tint with 3D made everything so cool looking.
|
My Signature |
|
05-03-2011, 12:44 AM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000
So the game store just let you borrow it? Now that's what I call trust.
|
Hey I was a cute kid and was good friends with the owners daughter so I got to borrow games at times.
|
My Signature |
|
05-03-2011, 12:49 AM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: Creepy moments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaex
Hey I was a cute kid and was good friends with the owners daughter so I got to borrow games at times.
|
Nice setup. 
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.
|