Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Clinton 2 13.33%
Trump 5 33.33%
None of the above 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2016, 05:50 AM   #201
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
333 posts
Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,646, Level: 24 Points: 8,646, Level: 24 Points: 8,646, Level: 24
Level up: 75%
Level up: 75%, 204 Points needed Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Krendall

Re: 2016 Presidential Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyChicken View Post
Am I naive in thinking that Trump's presidency won't be as destructive to the US as people are assuming? I didn't vote him and I definitely don't want him to be president but I'm not buying all the hysteria that the US is doomed now. IDK though, maybe I'm just uninformed/dumb. Politics was never my strength.
No, not really. Trump scares me almost as much as Hilary, but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic and see what happens in January.

And to everyone who's panicking, remember that the mid-term elections are in two years, so if Trump is criminally terrible it wouldn't be that hard to flip the Senate to the Democrats to get him impeached. Hell, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Republicans would call for impeachment just to clear their name.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #202
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 58
Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 1,598 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

ZedIsDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krendall View Post
And to everyone who's panicking, remember that the mid-term elections are in two years, so if Trump is criminally terrible it wouldn't be that hard to flip the Senate to the Democrats to get him impeached.
Well, the Republicans only have to defend 8 seats in the Senate in 2018, while the Dems have to defend over twenty. They'd need to hold on to pretty all of those and flip most of the GOP seats to have a chance.
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!

Old 11-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #203
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Quote:
I'd like to see more manufacturing jobs in the us, let's see if he does that. He said he would.
Sure he said lots of stuff but they all do when they're running for office. It's kinda hard to believe this pandering though when you consider that he's been outsourcing his stuff for decades and when he was caught about it he just shrugged and smirked. He's full of shit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoOPgeTMQc"]David Letterman Exposes Donald Trump - YouTube[/ame]

Sad day for the US. Hillary sucked but Trump is ridiculously bad.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:38 PM   #204
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Sure he said lots of stuff but they all do when they're running for office. It's kinda hard to believe this pandering though when you consider that he's been outsourcing his stuff for decades and when he was caught about it he just shrugged and smirked. He's full of shit.

David Letterman Exposes Donald Trump - YouTube

Sad day for the US. Hillary sucked but Trump is ridiculously bad.
When he outsourced work, he was a businessman, outsourcing work was his job. Now he is president, creating jobs on home soil is his job.

If he acts on his promises, he could be very good for the US.

All the accusations and hate towards him need to stop. like it or not, he is the president now, its time to give him a chance and see how he does.

Personally I'm excited that the best interests of the president no longer lie with the establishment.

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 11-09-2016 at 02:43 PM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 11-09-2016, 02:41 PM   #205
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
When he outsourced work, he was a businessman, outsourcing work was his job. Now he is president, creating jobs on home soil is his job.
He didn't have to outsource, he wanted to. All he cares about is his brand and making more money. He claimed to wanna make america great again but was caught making it worse. Don't fall for the pandering.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #206
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

ZedIsDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
All the accusations and hate towards him need to stop. like it or not, he is the president now, its time to give him a chance and see how he does.
I can still hate and distrust him while accepting that he's going to be president. I don't have any faith in him, but I do hope that he truly does make America great again.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:17 PM   #207
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Why should we stop hating someone we think is bad person and working against our interests? Would should we stop accusing him of stuff he might've done? I don't recall anyone stopping when Obama, Bush, Clinton, ect were president. Fuck unity if it means unifying with someone like Trump and his ultra christian VP.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #208
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Quote:
He didn't have to outsource, he wanted to. All he cares about is his brand and making more money. He claimed to wanna make america great again but was caught making it worse. Don't fall for the pandering.
Right, he wanted to because it was good business. Business man is no longer his job description.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

I'm not saying you guys should pull some 180 on how you feel about him personally. I'm saying you should show him a bit of support and let him have at least a few months in the white house before you resume the rhetoric.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 11-09-2016, 09:13 PM   #209
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
he wanted to because it was good business.
My point is he didn't care about the average joe or the US economy until he started running for president. He's insincere, it's all just pandering. If he ends up doing it then great but as it stands we have no reason to trust him at his word.

Quote:
I'm saying you should show him a bit of support and let him have at least a few months in the white house before you resume the rhetoric.
Why? His whole campaign was centered on "US vs Them" and mocking the opposition. Now as soon as he wins we're supposed to show him respect? Sorry but I feel respect is earned. He's gonna have to deliver on some of his vague promises if he wants to win over people that voted against him. It might also help if he started showing some respect for people who don't support him.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:34 PM   #210
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Quote:
My point is he didn't care about the average joe or the US economy until he started running for president. He's insincere, it's all just pandering. If he ends up doing it then great but as it stands we have no reason to trust him at his word.
How are you not getting my point? Previously, His job was not to care about the average Joe, NOW it is.

Quote:
Why? His whole campaign was centered on "US vs Them" and mocking the opposition. Now as soon as he wins we're supposed to show him respect? Sorry but I feel respect is earned. He's gonna have to deliver on some of his vague promises if he wants to win over people that voted against him. It might also help if he started showing some respect for people who don't support him.
He managed to not only beat Hillary, but also all the major news networks, and most of the minor ones, also the big banks, pretty much all universities and colleges... He was attacked at a constant from anyone with a voice. At the start he was being labeled nothing more than a joke, and the sheer amount of McCarthyism surrounding him was unbelievable.

Never in history has a president over come the odds being stacked against them like that, and that to me deserves at least some respect.

He's been attacked at a constant from every direction since the day he announced he was running, and if you feel that should continue, then that's your prerogative, but I feel it's a good time to take a step back and see what he does.
kong on Bronies:

Old 11-10-2016, 06:59 AM   #211
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
How are you not getting my point? Previously, His job was not to care about the average Joe, NOW it is.
My point is he still doesn't care he's just pandering. If he was honest he'd lose the average joe vote. He's a dishonest piece of shit and he's not gonna change his ways at 70 years old. If your name isn't Trump he doesn't care about you.

Quote:
He's been attacked at a constant from every direction since the day he announced he was running, and if you feel that should continue, then that's your prerogative, but I feel it's a good time to take a step back and see what he does.
He's been attacked from every direction because he's been mean and disrespectful from the start. Like I said before respect is earned. If he really wants to unify the country, which I seriously doubt, then he needs to show us some real change from his campaign antics.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:59 AM   #212
Regular Poster
306 posts
Uter has a faint yellow circle forming above their headUter has a faint yellow circle forming above their headUter has a faint yellow circle forming above their headUter has a faint yellow circle forming above their headUter has a faint yellow circle forming above their headUter has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 14
Points: 2,743, Level: 14 Points: 2,743, Level: 14 Points: 2,743, Level: 14
Level up: 98%
Level up: 98%, 7 Points needed Level up: 98% Level up: 98%

Uter

Although I've been completely opposed to Trump thusfar, there does exist a slim possibility that he happens to be the perfect person for the job, despite his acting like a terrible person in most other ways. I wish he would have put together a bipartisan staff but he's already been walking back some of his stances a little, he did support democrats in the past, and Obama appeared encouraged after they spoke. I'm still extremely skeptical, but optimistic.

Last edited by Uter; 11-12-2016 at 10:01 AM..
Old 11-22-2016, 06:12 AM   #213
Regular Poster
234 posts
Ballas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 26
Points: 10,151, Level: 26 Points: 10,151, Level: 26 Points: 10,151, Level: 26
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 499 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ballas

Ballas

It seems as if Trump does not like to be proven wrong so I think he will deliver on most of his promises to keep the sceptics at bay... I think he will look after the average Joe in the sense that he can provide them with a job, this will in return give more private tax to the government and in return they can lower company tax to again hopefully employ more people or sell their products to the international marker at better prices.
Koos van Dyk (KVD)
aka Ballas

When someone says "STOP"
I never know if its IN THE NAME OF LOVE,
HAMMERTIME, or if I am supposed to
COLLABERATE AND LISTEN...
Old 05-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #214
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
View Stats

ZedIsDead

Old 05-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #215
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

One of his biggest lies imo. Instead of draining the swamp he filled it even more corrupt bastards. His supporters defending it are pathetic. Someone lies in their face and they happily eat it up.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:12 PM   #216
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
View Stats

ZedIsDead

what

Old 05-31-2017, 05:58 PM   #217
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

I like my covfefe like I like my women; hot, black, and bitter.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:31 PM   #218
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
View Stats

ZedIsDead

Irrefutable evidence that there is no god.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #219
Regular Poster
190 posts
George Riley play's well with othersGeorge Riley play's well with othersGeorge Riley play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 9
Points: 906, Level: 9 Points: 906, Level: 9 Points: 906, Level: 9
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 194 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

George Riley

So now there is a mascot for racist. OK then!
Old 06-16-2017, 06:20 PM   #220
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

I thought that was already Pepe.
kong on Bronies:

Old 06-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #221
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Pepe is hardly a racist mascot. He's used by a small fraction of the new Alt-Right political spectrum. As a GamerGate member, you should know better than most not to trust media. They'll take one TINY thing, blow it out of proportion "omg they say the N-word of 4chan!" and use that to invalidate an entire cultural movement.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #222
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

I was kidding. Im fully aware that it was nothing more than 4chan making the media look stupid. Further more I am not a member of gamergate. I've supported the movements efforts in the past, but literally done nothing besides throwing the proverbial thumbs up. Isn't gamergate all blown over now anyway? I haven't heard anything in a long time. From what I can tell the movement has mostly shifted over to combating censorship, and ridiculous decisions to alter content based on not wanting to offend snowflakes.

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 06-17-2017 at 02:35 PM..
kong on Bronies:

Old 06-18-2017, 09:06 AM   #223
Regular Poster
190 posts
George Riley play's well with othersGeorge Riley play's well with othersGeorge Riley play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 9
Points: 906, Level: 9 Points: 906, Level: 9 Points: 906, Level: 9
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 194 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

George Riley

The only reason for the uproar is because Donald Trump Jr. used Pepe. It was a mistake for the media to go after Trump's kids. Truth be told, Donald Trump himself said WAY more than enough stupid things to stay focused on.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:25 AM   #224
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

What type of content is altered in modern games? Anything besides drugs, violence, sex, and 7 words?

Conservatives love to call liberals snowflakes but it seems hypocritical since conservative christian republicans are nearly always the ones that get butt hurt over other people having free choice and demand censorship and laws to protect and project their personal values.

----

Liberals love to make fun of Trump's hands, skin, hair, and family. Very hypocritical. They would flip out if anyone else was treated like that. Trump's actions are a big enough joke all on their own, no need to also call him orange. How is that different than making fun of Obama for being black or Hillary for being a woman.

Although his 3 oldest kids are kind of fair game. They want to play.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:22 AM   #225
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
What type of content is altered in modern games? Anything besides drugs, violence, sex, and 7 words?
Those things are all fine besides sex, and that is one of the major ones. They can't stand the idea of women wearing scanty outfits, and they take to social media in droves to pressure and shame devs into altering content. In a lot of cases they've been successful. They also like to complain if the lead character is a white male, heaven forbid a dev gear a game toward their key demographic right? It goes beyond the simplicity of what I am explaining here and spills over into lunacy though, there was a ridiculous movement to get Link in the new Zelda to magically be girl.

Now I should clarify, I have no issue with any game having any characters, be it white, black, male, female and anything in between. The problem I have is the pressure being put on devs to conform to a small minority's complaints. Games are art, no dev should ever feel pressure to make decisions based on trying to please anyone besides themselves. If a user does not like the decisions a dev has made, then they should play something else.
kong on Bronies: