Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mikman

What do you want to see in Star Wars VII?

What don't you want to see? How good do you expect that it'll be?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

bearhawk72

Re: What do you want to see in Star Wars VII?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY]Patton Oswalt's Star Wars Filibuster - Parks and Recreation - YouTube[/ame]
Old 05-30-2013, 02:29 AM   #3
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

As long as Lucas has nothing to do with the movie I'm cool with it.

Abrams has a hand in it so it won't be terrible. This much I know.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Donor
987 posts
D.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,260, Level: 38 Points: 23,260, Level: 38 Points: 23,260, Level: 38
Level up: 40%
Level up: 40%, 1,390 Points needed Level up: 40% Level up: 40%

D.B. Cooper

It's my opinion that the Star Wars horse was beat to death a long time ago. I'm sure I'll watch a new one and I'm sure it will be ok but instead of rehashing the same old franchise, I wish they would at least try and come up with something new.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Regular Poster
706 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,075, Level: 25 Points: 9,075, Level: 25 Points: 9,075, Level: 25
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 675 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

ARedLetterDay

Rehashing it? This is gonna sound a bit douchey and I apologize ahead of time, but did you even watch the movies? There are literally endless possibilities, thousands of planets, thousands upon millions upon billions of characters to explore, and those are just in the movies. The books are a whole different story. My whole point is, it's not like they were just telling the same story over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, like Castlevania Chronicles & Super Castlevania IV & Haunted Castle & so on so forth. The center of Star War's lore and story centers around the eventual rise to power of Darth Vader and his subsequent fall, though his death does bring balance to the force, so if it seems like things are rehashing anything it's simply because they're leading up to that moment in Return of the Jedi. As I said, there's a lot that happens in between movies, and there's a lot that happens behind the scenes.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 05-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Like RLD said there's endless possibilities really. Also from what I heard the plan is to have all the old people in the new movie to pass the torch. That means it should pick up after the death of Vader when Luke becomes the new leader of the Jedi order, if I recall correctly.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
Regular Poster
706 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

ARedLetterDay

Yeah, they're gonna go in the direction of the books that take place after Episode VI, but make it their own version / story of the story in the books.

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 05-31-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

I think the big D will take these movies in an awesome direction. I don't know enough about the lore to suggest a direction, but Disney will pay attention to the small details, like the originals did. For the record, I liked episodes 1,2 and 3, I thought the fight between Anakin and Obi Wan was worthy of the originals.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #9
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

bearhawk72

I expect it to open with all the main characters having kids and some new Sith threat being rumored to be in existence.

Luke and Leia will have been rebuilding the Jedi, as Luke has trained Leia to use the force since she is sensitive to it in the original trilogy.

I'd assume all of Luke and Leia/Han's kids can use the force.

I have little knowledge about the expanded universe (so excuse me if this already happened in the books)but I kind of think one of the kids will have latent force ability, but not as much skill as the others in the force. Thus he/she gets less attention and gets angry because they are not allowed to become a Jedi. In swoops a Sith master to scoop them up and train them in the dark side leading to a sibling vs sibling battle by the end of the third movie.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
Regular Poster
706 posts
View Stats

ARedLetterDay

lol that is pretty much exactly what happens in the book with Han's kid, Cade Skywalker. Becomes one of the most BA Sith ever.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Also don't take ^ that as me condemning you for not knowing that, just thought it was interesting that you nailed it!

Old 05-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
View Stats

bearhawk72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay View Post
lol that is pretty much exactly what happens in the book with Han's kid, Cade Skywalker. Becomes one of the most BA Sith ever.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Also don't take ^ that as me condemning you for not knowing that, just thought it was interesting that you nailed it!
Haha, well I figured episodes 4-6 were family driven plot wise so it'd probably continue when they had kids. And what better way to do that than have one of the kids turn to the dark side.

Might be too similar to episodes 4-6 though with Luke ending up as the Obi-Wan character teaching his kid or niece/nephew how to take down their sibling or cousin.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #12
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats

Mikman

I want that the Jedi use their powers and don't have stupid rules which restricted them. The sequel trilogy showed that the Jedi lost because they didn't allow that they use advanced powers in combat, or develop emotional relationships with other people, which is nonsense because the Jedi must be compassionate and caring, yet effective in battle.

I also don't want any annoying characters which only exist so that they sell toys.

Finally, I want to see more realistic battles, which don't have impractical fighting vehicles such as a spider tank. I would like that they show more of.an actual military campaign in outer space would be like, if it concerns a war, which makes sense because it's called Star Wars. Perhaps they could show a large battle between a group of Jedi and a group of Sith. A killer super-android would be good, too.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #13
Regular Poster
706 posts
View Stats

ARedLetterDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikman View Post
Finally, I want to see more realistic battles, which don't have impractical fighting vehicles such as a spider tank. I would like that they show more of.an actual military campaign in outer space would be like, if it concerns a war, which makes sense because it's called Star Wars. Perhaps they could show a large battle between a group of Jedi and a group of Sith. A killer super-android would be good, too.
It's a science fiction movie in which people could destroy planets with their minds if they were so inclined to and you want to see more realistic space battles?

:P

They did a few killer super-androids that didn't do their job very well, namely IG-88. HK-47 was the best one out of all of them, but he was back in the old Republic, before the Empire. . . before the dark times. . .

Also, with your actual military campaign, so you'd enjoy seeing Grand Admiral Thrawn in the new movies? In the EU he was the best military mind like, ever, and headed the new Empire (sort of) against the New Republic and actually gave them a hell of a run for their money. It was only through sheer luck and determination that they won.

On the subject of using their powers better - that's the whole point about the Jedi. They can't use their power any more than they already can, otherwise they'd be tempted to go into the dark side of the force. The movies wouldn't be very good if Mace Windu used Shatterpoint to kill the Emperor when he had the chance, would it? Or if Luke took Palpatine's mind and crushed it in a few seconds since, at that time, he had become a Jedi master in such a short time and had the ability to? It would be a very short and unoriginal movie.

The point of them not using their powers is to see how they win battles without resorting to using the Dark Side of the Force to win. That's how you know they're true warriors and not someone who relies solely on power to get their job done. Although, in the case of Darth Revan or Malgus, that also works too. . . . sometimes.

The Jedi lost because they were blinded up until the last minute by the Dark Side of the Force so they couldn't see that Palpatine was the Sith Lord, not because of lack of caring of others or their emotional restrictions. You saw what embracing emotions did to Anakin, more than once. He slaughtered younglings, killed harmless Tusken Raider children, all without a second thought because he was blinded by anger.

If Mace Windu used his anger at the moment of his death, he would have killed the Emperor. Then there you go. Bam, end of the entire Star Wars Saga right there.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #14
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

Quote:
I want that the Jedi use their powers and don't have stupid rules which restricted them.
So you want the jedi to be sith.

Quote:
I also don't want any annoying characters which only exist so that they sell toys.
They did it with all the other movies, adding Disney to the mix will mean even more toy tie ins. Brace yourself.

It's hard to guess where the new movie will pick up but I bet it will be around when Palpatine is reborn in a new body. It's not Star Wars without the emperor, right?

Anyone interested in the expanded universe should go here, it's an awesome resource. I've never read the books but I know lots about them from browsing this when I'm bored.
Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
Old 05-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

Mikman

I don't want that they be vicious and angry. A person could use their powers without evil intent, even great powers. Luke did this in ROTJ, which was one of the better parts of the movie. A really good Jedi could control massive amounts of Force energy without temptation. It's the path to the power, not the power itself, which defines the Dark Side, as Yoda said in TESB.

By more realistic battle scenes, I meant that I want to see weapons and vehicles which are sensibly designed and functional, and look like improvements over current tech, which a sci-fi movie should have. Also their tactics should improve, because clots fight scenes such as those in AOTC looked more medieval than futuristic. In the future, soldiers should hit the enemy from far off, especially in space, where there's a lot of space.

I feared that Disney would increase the number of 'merchandise' characters, but they didn't with Marvel so I'm optimistic. I also worried that Disney's plans for multiple films would cause 'film series fatigue.' However, if they make films in the Star Wars universe which are distinct enough in style and story then it may succeed artistically. I just hope that they prefer quality over quantity, which isn't always a sure thing in Hollywood.

I would really like that more strong female characters appear, and be relevant to the plot, and not just tokens or eye candy for men. Sci-fi films, and films in general, need more of that.

I also hope that there's not too much lens flare!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #16
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

Mikman

I'd like if they kill off one of the older characters in a dramatic but poignant way. They could also do that with a newer character, so that no one is 'safe,' although that might be overkill.

With the younger cast of heroes, they should get strong actors.so that they won't be overshadowed by the villains, which happens often in sci-fi action movies. They should at least one or two 'outside' characters, like Han Solo, because that shows a broader sense of galactic life, as well as a more complex character dynamic, although should not be a repetition, but distinct in their own right.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #17
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

+1 (+1/-0)     

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww"]Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser - YouTube[/ame]

First trailer is out, what do we all think? Personally I think it looks cool. I'm not 100% sold on the new lightsaber but I'm not gonna declare it garbage just yet.

Also this might be a mega spoiler but you should look anyways-
( Click to show/hide )

Also the memes are already flooding in-
( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

I liked these three.

Comments

You had me at "Comb the Desert".
Old 11-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #18
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 58
Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 1,598 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

ZedIsDead

I'm moderately interested at this point, but I think the movie is going to be completely spoiled in the course of the year we're going to have to wait for it.
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!

Old 12-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #19
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

Mikman

I heard how people complained about the CGI but I don't know why because it seemed very good to me. I especially liked that it showed the Falcon.

On a whole, I don't know what to expect, except that this will most likely be better than the prequels and Jedi. I just hope that the new characters aren't cliche and/or interchangeable and that the villains are truly a great threat to the Jedi. This trailer indicates that the movie will look and sound very good, but hasn't informed me about what will actually happen besides the general "new evil approaches" theme.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #20
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I think most CGI complaints were about the quantity not the quality. People prefer puppets and stuff because they think the original trilogy was crafted by the almighty god himself, apparently.

I think this one stands a good chance at being epic. It's got a new team and a huge money backer in Disney. On top of that they got some good actors and the people from the first trilogy. If they manage to screw it up it'll be a shame.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #21
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

I am actually pretty excited at the prospect of the new movie. my one complaint is the soccer ball droid
Old 12-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #22
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I don't mind the droid. It makes sense to have that kind of mobility on a desert planet because it's so flat and walking through sand isn't that easy. Think of it like a modified version of those battle droids that roll around before they deploy.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #23
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

Mikman

I don't know if the droid is a regular character or just appears briefly. The trailer didn't actually tell us who any new character is, which I suppose is the point of a "teaser."
Old 12-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #24
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

If they showed the droid I'm sure it will get some screen time. We all know they make some stuff for kids/toys and this is most likely one. At least it's not Jar Jar right?
Old 12-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #25
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
View Stats

bearhawk72

Apparently the droid is a reference to an early concept for R2D2.

Quote:
Here's a fun bit of trivia regarding Star Wars: The Force Awakens: the tiny ball-droid who's already stolen the hearts of every living soul on the Internet was apparently based on early concept art of another famous droid, R2-D2. Here's an image of the two side by side, and while the sketch doesn't look exactly like what's in the trailer, this is how Star Wars artist Ralph McQuarrie once described his vision for R2 [via Slashfilm]:
“I think Artoo was just described as a small robot. I thought of him as running on a giant ball bearing — just a sphere, a circle, wheel-like. He had gyros so he could go in any direction on this ball.”