Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > RU Games

Old 01-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #26
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kong

Re: Taloons Great Adventure Mystery Dungeon » Super Nintendo

Yeah identify didn't seem to work the way I expected it too. I think they are just so you can get the name of things and nothing else. Lame.

Curse simply means you can not unequip it. Uncurse means you can unequip. Cursed weapons and armor have -1 stats. A -1 dragon sword is still about 3 more than a regular copper sword. Which is to say, good.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #27
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Are you sure uncursed items retain the negative? I swear that goes away when you use the scroll.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #28
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

plus itll tell you how many charges you have left.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

im sure they retain the negative.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 01-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #29
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

Damn I've been keeping the uncursed stuff and just assuming it's normal. I guess it doesn't really matter though since I just compare them from the stats screen anyways.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #30
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

I enabled Battery Saves. Who thinks they will be the first to Master it?
Old 06-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #31
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Talking to you about it has made me want to play it. I never have. Now with saves, it might be reasonable. It's an enormous game right?

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #32
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
Depends what is considered mastering this game. Do you just need to get the treasure box in the real dungeon or do you have to reach the bottom floor?

@WB- It sounds more intimidating than it really is. It's just floor after floor of monsters and items. The only hard part is having the patience to endure it.

It's funny that this sparked your interest. I was just thinking about this game a few days ago and I was wondering why more people didn't get into it. Let us know how it goes for you.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #33
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Winnebagel

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
@WB- It sounds more intimidating than it really is. It's just floor after floor of monsters and items. The only hard part is having the patience to endure it.

It's funny that this sparked your interest. I was just thinking about this game a few days ago and I was wondering why more people didn't get into it. Let us know how it goes for you.
Yeah, but it sounds so mysterious. It's like Taloons is mentioned with a hushed reverence somehow. I have talked to you and Kong a little about it, and it makes me want to play. Is RAM saves are an option, I will start on it soon. I'll let you guys know what happens.

By the way, how many floors are there?

Comments

Last edited by Winnebagel; 06-13-2010 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: Added question

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #34
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
Yeah, but it sounds so mysterious. It's like Taloons is mentioned with a hushed reverence somehow.
I think that's because it came out of nowhere and hit us like a brick. Not only is it a very well made dungeon crawler but it's based on the DW universe and even stars a very familiar character. To me it's one of the most underrated games I've ever played, but I love these kind of games.

Quote:
By the way, how many floors are there?
When you start you have to beat the training dungeon, 10 floors and then you have to walk out. It's much easier than the real dungeon so don't let it concern you. Once you pass that the real dungeon can go to floor 99 I believe but you only technically have to get to the mid 20s to find the item Taloon has been searching for.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:27 AM   #35
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

I just made it to floor 25 on my first try without dying or really trying.

I think mastering it would either be getting out with the Mystery Box.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 AM   #36
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
I think mastering it would either be getting out with the Mystery Box.
I think there's something wrong with this sentence. Either you were going to add more or you tossed in an either you didn't need.

I agree that needing the box would be mastering it since it's the actual goal and ending of the game(sort of). Anything past the box is just gravy.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:41 AM   #37
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

DB, show some of your squirrel muscle and master this.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:47 AM   #38
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I love this game but I don't feel like setting aside time to play it and do it well. I know Kong just said he almost beat it without trying but he's an android, it doesn't count.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:48 AM   #39
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

Why? If you love it so much do it. That's what I'm doing with Pokemon.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:05 AM   #40
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

This game requires more thought and patience than Pokemon, imo. I know you don't like it but you should try it and see why I don't feel like it atm.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:24 AM   #41
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
This game requires more thought and patience than Pokemon
And luck also.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #42
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Well yeah, same goes for any dungeon crawler though.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:52 AM   #43
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

+1 (+1/-0)     

I was going to say "either get the mystery box or get to level 99 and back out". But I removed the last half of the sentence because levels 38-99 are just repeats. I forgot to also delete the word "either".

The mystery box is the third and final box.

So I think you can beat it by getting to around level 35 and back out.

As you get farther into the game I think luck starts playing less of a role. I know I do better nearly every time I play.

Comments

Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #44
Regular Poster
35 posts
Shnarf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 5
Points: 585, Level: 5 Points: 585, Level: 5 Points: 585, Level: 5
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 15 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Shnarf

I've just started playing Taloooooons! It's yet another awesome game of epic preportion on this immense website! Cheers for the recomendation Kong, can't see me challenging your highscore, but enjoying the game play.

I'm on floor 15 on the 2nd Chamber, but got shafted by a couple of the dancing dolls
Old 06-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #45
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

It sounds like you're doing really good if you made it that far already. Did you play through the whole first dungeon or did you do the metal babble trick?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #46
Regular Poster
35 posts
View Stats

Shnarf

Question: Why throw the leather sheild away, it says under info makes you LESS hungry?

Yeah DB, just played through...took a good few atempts, made loads of mistakes I won't make again! Never knew that trick existed till checked this forum, think I'm going to play through everytime to get more practice...This is top notch hidden gem of a game, you don't play a game as good as this very often!! Thanks RU!!!!

Last edited by Shnarf; 06-14-2010 at 10:30 PM..
Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #47
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

+1 (+1/-0)     

I haven't played in a while, the in game info says it makes you less hungry? I seem to remember it making you more hungry and Kong posted it in his tips on page 1(Leather shields don't corrode but they require twice as much food, throw them away.). Have you tried it? It's probably a translation typo. Sorry I don't remember it's been a few months.

It's good practice to play through the first dungeon but it's also kind of wasting your time and effort since nothing carries over. I think it's better to practice on the real dungeon since it counts and you might get lucky and find some really good stuff early and just run with it.

Btw did you try the other dungeon crawlers?
Retro Uprising - Arcade - Dragon Crystal - Sega master system
Retro Uprising - Arcade - Dragon Crystal - Game gear
Retro Uprising - Arcade - Fatal Labyrinth

The top two are hi score enabled but they're the same game with minor differences. The Game gear one has less variety in backgrounds and I think some items and enemies are removed. It's bare bones but it's good. Taloon is better overall but Dragon crystal is quick, simple and straightforward. It's hard because it has fewer options but it's just as fun as Taloon, imo.

Comments

Old 06-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #48
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Quote:
Question: Why throw the leather shield away, it says under info makes you LESS hungry?
I thought it made you more hungry. Less hungry would make more sense so I was probably wrong.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:01 AM   #49
Regular Poster
35 posts
View Stats

Shnarf

Quote:
I thought it made you more hungry. Less hungry would make more sense so I was probably wrong.
Intentional disinformation! A good way to protect one's highscore?

It makes a significant difference and makes farming and leveling up alot easier, I'm normally a good few levels above the floor level!! Try next time your good lady goes to the toilet! Taloooons!!! I maybe wrong?

Yeah, a few of the RU team welcomed me and sent lists of games, Kong I think recommend Dragon Crystal! Not checked out Fatal Labyrinth yet., but definately will after my Taloonathon!!

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnarf View Post
Intentional disinformation! A good way to protect one's highscore?

It makes a significant difference and makes farming and leveling up alot easier, I'm normally a good few levels above the floor level!! Try next time your good lady goes to the toilet! Taloooons!!! I maybe wrong?

Yeah, a few of the RU team welcomed me and sent lists of games, Kong I think recommend Dragon Crystal! Not checked out Fatal Labyrinth yet., but definately will after my Taloonathon!!
was just kinding kong hope no offence takin
Old 06-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #50
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

No I'm sure Kong wasn't offended by your joke. If you see anymore mistakes please let us know. Also if you have any questions feel free to ask.