Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 10-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dudebro

+5 (+5/-0)     
Great Speeches

I posted this on facebook and no one commented or liked it(DM, Smitty, SFF, Sez, Kong, Joz and anyone else I'm forgetting - ). I'm reposting it here because I know some of you guys will indulge me. Anyone else who's thinking of not watching it, do it. It's only three and a half minutes. Charlie Chaplin as a Hitlerish parody in The Great Dictator 1940-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo"]The Greatest Speech Ever Made - YouTube[/ame]

That version is pretty US centric but I think it's still pretty well done.

Post some more good speeches. Try to keep it to a couple per post though.

Comments

Good one.

'Right to the heart of the matter, right to the beautiful part, in the secret wells of emotion buried deep in our hearts...

Cool! Pretty prophetic speech.

I've seen the movie three times and I've still never gotten tired of that speech.

That was pretty cool.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
New Poster
8 posts
Mylochek is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1
Level up: 47%
Level up: 47%, 40 Points needed Level up: 47% Level up: 47%

Mylochek

Re: Great Speeches

Wow that's a moving speech and a beautiful video. One of the best speeches I have heard in a long time.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

+1 (+1/-0)     

Hyeaa~ah!
My most bestest-favorite speach ever.

Comments

LOL, nice. I met the guy about 7 months before this...not so much since. Side note, the character "The Wacko"...

Last edited by DrunkN; 10-12-2012 at 09:56 PM..
Old 10-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

joz

some of us do other things than be on fb 24/7. fantastic speech
Old 10-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Regular Poster
706 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,075, Level: 25 Points: 9,075, Level: 25 Points: 9,075, Level: 25
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 675 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

ARedLetterDay

Not really a speech, but still really interesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-00nDI9fsc]Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty - GW Codec Dialog - YouTube[/ame]

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 10-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you one of my own personal heroes, Pat Condell:

PAT CONDELL'S GODLESS COMEDY

He makes a new video every time there's something worth commenting on; my only regret is that he seems only to pay attention to 'mainstream' media, but I admire his manner of speaking up for Equality and Human Rights.
{or are we even allowed to say that anymore?}

Pat kind of reminds me of an English George Carlin, in a way.
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

May be a bit bias here, but Lou Gehrig's farewell speech when he announced he had ALS and retired from baseball.
Lou Gehrig :: The Official Web Site
( Click to show/hide )
Full text version of the Farewell Speech
"Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth. I have been in ballparks for seventeen years and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans. ...

..."Look at these grand men. Which of you wouldn't consider it the highlight ...of his career just to associate with them for even one day? Sure, I'm lucky. ...Who wouldn't consider it an honor to have known Jacob Ruppert? Also, the builder ...of baseball's greatest empire, Ed Barrow? To have spent six years with that ...wonderful little fellow, Miller Huggins? Then to have spent the next nine ...years with that outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology, the ...best manager in baseball today, Joe McCarthy? Sure, I'm lucky. ...
..."When the New York Giants, a team you would give your right arm to ...beat, and vice versa, sends you a gift - that's something. When everybody ...down to the groundskeepers and those boys in white coats remember you with ...trophies - that's something. When you have a wonderful mother-in-law who takes ...sides with you in squabbles with her own daughter - that's something. When ...you have a father and a mother who work all their lives so you can have an ...education and build your body - it's a blessing. When you have a wife who ...has been a tower of strength and shown more courage than you dreamed existed ...- that's the finest I know. ...
..."So I close in saying that I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

Really inspirational imo. Gehrig is one of my idols. Can always look up to a real man like him.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

+2 (+2/-0)     

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q]Mister Rogers defending PBS to the US Senate - YouTube[/ame]

Comments

I just saw this recently, excellent speech

I loved Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood. It was fantastic and I feel that it helped shape a part of who I am today.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

samejamesbond

Frank Zappa against the PMRC:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgAF8Vu8G0w]Frank Zappa at PMRC Senate Hearing on Rock Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Remove Pootis
Old 10-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

jim5cents

No contest. The greatest speech of alltime. Hands down.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l31UUl5SyXk]President Speech (HD) - 1996 Independence Day - YouTube[/ame]

But I've always been partial to this one as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuoVM9nm42E]Jimmy's 1993 ESPY Speech - YouTube[/ame]
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

@DN- I thought that speech was actually pretty good. I felt bad when he got all kinds of backlash for showing emotion. Totally unfair and hypocritical of people.

@Joz- Like you didn't have time to watch a three and a half minute video.

@RedLetter- That was pretty good. It's like a speech in disguise. I hate Raidens voice actor though, ugh.

@JG- That's not exactly what I meant by speech but I guess it qualifies well enough for a casual topic like this. Why didn't you just post the video though? Linking people to a site like that will mean almost no one checks it out. It looks like a rant blog at face value. I love the quote on his page-
Hi I'm Pat Condell.
I don't respect your beliefs
and I don't care if you're offended.
Cheers.

NSFW - He's not very sensitive to the tolerance of Islam-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXHPKhRCVg"]A word to rioting Muslims - YouTube[/ame]
I think he uses too broad of a brush but I agree with his points. No amount of violence and outrage will sway the rest of us who don't share their fanatical belief. I say that towards fanatics obviously.

@ChrisP- It's pretty focused on sports but I think it's a good speech.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uXsPvf9zq4"]Gehrig's Farewell Speech - YouTube[/ame]

@steven- There's nothing Mr Rogers can't do.

@SJB- Damn man over a half hour for your video? No one is gonna watch that. I'll see your Zappa and raise you a Denver. This was a bigger deal because people didn't expect John Denver to come and speak at a hearing about song lyrics. A total curveball.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgSjjD6rRu4"]John Denver at PMRC Hearings - YouTube[/ame]

@Jim- Both good ones, but the Independence Day one is a tad corny.

Speaking of corny speeches, here's one I like-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPNeQPLwu4"]Braveheart Speech (HD).mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Btw I only posted so many videos so people can watch some of the ones posted already.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

@DB- Makes me wish I could've been alive to see Gehrig play. He played for the sake of the game and for the fans. Nowadays, that's hard to find in a lot of players. And most of those you can find it in are retiring/soon retiring (Ex: Chipper Jones, Mariano Rivera, etc.). Now they just play for money (*cough* Arod *cough*). It would've been an honor to have met such a humble man.

Haha gotta love the Braveheart one. Corny or not!

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
Donor
987 posts
D.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,260, Level: 38 Points: 23,260, Level: 38 Points: 23,260, Level: 38
Level up: 40%
Level up: 40%, 1,390 Points needed Level up: 40% Level up: 40%

D.B. Cooper

This isn't an official speech either but I love Buscemi and I love his speech in Resevoir Dogs where he goes off on not leaving a tip. Most have probably already seen the movie but just in case: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enJwYaeolXc"]Reservoir Dogs - Tips For The Tippers - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know how to do one of those Not Safe For Work things but this video is most certainly Not Safe For Work or Kids.