Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-21-2009, 01:28 AM   #1
Regular Poster
278 posts
Shades is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 9
Points: 1,017, Level: 9 Points: 1,017, Level: 9 Points: 1,017, Level: 9
Level up: 59%
Level up: 59%, 83 Points needed Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Shades

What's your creative outlet?

I'm still trying to find mine.

I've won a songwriting competition and have been talked to by some important people with my music, but I don't think that's all there is to it.

I'm having this weird, new feeling that I have to get out of my system, not sure how I'm going to.

What do you guys do to outlet your artistic language?
Old 05-21-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Re: What's your creative outlet?

i draw, all my spare time goes to gaming and drawing, and a little bit of reading
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Mine is working in the garden and yard, puttering in the garage, and tinkering on the car and truck.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
Donor
912 posts
Dojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 416 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%

Dojah

I like to mess around with my car, or draw. Reading is good. Working on the ol magnetic motor and other experiments are the best for me tho. Works best for me when it relates to my screen name.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 209 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

tanc24

Masturbation. ;D

#1 for me is cooking. I'm a mean chef.
#2 would have to be athletics, mainly basketball.
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Points: 12,413, Level: 28 Points: 12,413, Level: 28 Points: 12,413, Level: 28
Level up: 96%
Level up: 96%, 37 Points needed Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Send a message via Yahoo to sezthemank

sezthemank

I love cooking
but i find my poetry a outlet when im upset or stressed, ive won awards and stuff but i dont take it to seriously.
like a good therapy.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Notessimo.net
24/7... Well, maybe more like 2/5
Old 05-24-2009, 03:30 AM   #8
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Besides videogames my main outlet is internet forums. I love to read and forums are perfect for that. It's a place where the material is new all the time and you control where you go. If you get bored of one topic you can just jump to another.

I also like to make things out of modeling clay. It's actually better than browsing forums but it's messier and there's no sense of community. It's just me sitting at my table playing with clay.
I was gonna make a little claymation video and put it up on youtube but I got lazy and I recently tossed my clay. I'm eventually gonna do it and you can be sure it'll be epic.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:07 AM   #9
No Posts
0 posts
LavaLamp0 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Level up: 95%
Level up: 95%, 4 Points needed Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Send a message via MSN to LavaLamp0

LavaLamp0

I'm a classically trained musician. I can sit myself in front of my piano or song book, and lose myself for hours!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
Donor
912 posts
Dojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28
Level up: 54%, 416 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%

Dojah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I also like to make things out of modeling clay. It's actually better than browsing forums but it's messier and there's no sense of community. It's just me sitting at my table playing with clay.
I like your style Dudebro. I also like messing around with modeling clay or air-dry clay. I thought I was the last one. The clay-motion film would be cool. I like to use a wooden figure of a human with moveable joints from hobby lobby, then clay up around it so the joints still move after it hardens. Then paint it will some acrylic paint. I'll post it up when I finish it so you can tell me what you think.
I know its not what would be normally used but its cool after it dries.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats

sezthemank

that reminds me of the fun i had with plastacine.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #12
Regular Poster
54 posts
aqua_hedgehog is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 5
Points: 537, Level: 5 Points: 537, Level: 5 Points: 537, Level: 5
Level up: 58%
Level up: 58%, 63 Points needed Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Send a message via MSN to aqua_hedgehog

aqua_hedgehog

I like to hack people's MySpace pages and alter them to a ridiiculous effect.

But on a more serious note, I'd say screwing around with level editors for video games and if I wasn't so lazy maybe tile editors.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:57 AM   #13
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah View Post
I like your style Dudebro. I also like messing around with modeling clay or air-dry clay. I thought I was the last one. The clay-motion film would be cool. I like to use a wooden figure of a human with moveable joints from hobby lobby, then clay up around it so the joints still move after it hardens. Then paint it will some acrylic paint. I'll post it up when I finish it so you can tell me what you think.
I know its not what would be normally used but its cool after it dries.
Sounds cool I never thought of that. I'd be interested in seeing the video.

When I was a kid I used to make ninjas out of clay and have them kill each other. It might've looked boring to an observer but I enjoyed the hell out of it. But yeah, I am kinda weird.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:53 AM   #14
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
View Stats

sezthemank

I used to play with dinosaurs
oh and i had Everything you could think of to do with the "Teenage mutant ninja turtles"

I had everthing from the curtains to the fingures, I had loads of different stuff.
I had 4 fish and i named them after them,
Untill my cat bit michaelangelos head off.

Didnt that used to be called "teenage mutant hero turtles" at one point?

Last edited by sezthemank; 05-27-2009 at 07:55 AM..
Old 01-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #15
Regular Poster
37 posts
pinoycelt is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 8 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

pinoycelt

The main creative outlet for me is writing whatever comes to mind, usually in one session. It can be a poem (rhyming or free verse), essay, skit, article, etc. Another one is casual, lighthearted trolling on Facebook.
There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns…and clowns. (Bobby Pendragon) ~ D.J. MacHale, The Quillan Games
Old 01-06-2015, 11:00 AM   #16
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

bearhawk72

Putting together models or puzzles usually.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #17
Regular Poster
605 posts
Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,618, Level: 23 Points: 7,618, Level: 23 Points: 7,618, Level: 23
Level up: 46%
Level up: 46%, 432 Points needed Level up: 46% Level up: 46%

Razeluxe

Singing. I try to go sing at the bar at least once a week. I get lots of compliments and cheers. Feels great.
My mothers boyfriend started up an independent music label type thing a long time ago that's really started gathering steam in the last 3 or so years. He says if I ever wanted to consider a career in music to just let him know so we can work on things together.
Specialties are David Bowie and Crooner stuff, if anyone's curious.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #18
Regular Poster
43 posts
Alora Dana play's well with othersAlora Dana play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 417, Level: 4 Points: 417, Level: 4 Points: 417, Level: 4
Level up: 78%
Level up: 78%, 33 Points needed Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

Alora Dana

Mine is coloring using markers,color pencils and other artistic tool plus writing is another outlet that bring me happyness.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:11 AM   #19
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27
Level up: 63%
Level up: 63%, 339 Points needed Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

KATZ

Music is my first and formost, i cant go a day without touching one of my guitars, and when im in the mood i like to draw (esspecially since we have a wacom bamboo pad now)
Old 01-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #20
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Reading and daydreaming I guess.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #21
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

samejamesbond

I'm a reader and I enjoy my politics and sciences.
I also love photography.

( Click to show/hide )

Remove Pootis
Old 04-11-2016, 04:00 PM   #22
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

bearhawk72

So I have gotten into building models again, specifically little metal ones from a company called Metal Earth. They come on flat sheets of metal and you need to bend them into the right shape.

I currently also have Captain America's Shield, Iron Man, War Machine, and Mjolnir to put together but I haven't gotten to them yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0614.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	426.8 KB
ID:	3989  Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0612.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	501.1 KB
ID:	3991  Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0601.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	3992  Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0582.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	3993  Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0576.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	3994  

Old 04-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #23
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Those are pretty neat, never seen them before.

And lol at the documentation of DBs enthusiasm dwindling over time in this thread.

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 04-11-2016 at 07:07 PM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-18-2016, 03:56 AM   #24
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

+1 (+1/-0)     

I'm told that I'm fairly creative and Artistic but suffer from me comparing myself to what others do {self - judgment}, then I get to feeling inadequate and just give it up.
So mainly my creative outlet is what you are reading at the moment; I talk about all kinds of topics on RU and try to make it interesting by adding pictures and sometimes videos relevant to the topic at hand.

'Forum Collage' I guess you could call it.

Actually I want to do a lot more than just pressing little plastic buttons and I guess that's why I got into exercising because at least that takes place in the physical world, and because it's an individual thing I don't suffer that self - judgment from it like I do with other activities like Art or Music.

Comments

And you are damn good at it
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #25
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
View Stats

bearhawk72

Couple more things I finished.

Captain America's Shield and Queen Anne's Revenge
Attached Thumbnails