Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 18
Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18
Level up: 66%
Level up: 66%, 137 Points needed Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf

Timber Wolf

Space Station 13

It's a 2d rpg game, it's run by SomethingAwful, although there are plenty of other servers. Was wondering if any of you guys have heard of it, or played it? It's a really simple game, but complicated at the same time, and it a lot of fun if you play on the right server
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."
Old 05-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Re: Space Station 13

Never heard of it and from a quick google search I don't understand what kind of game it is. Please give us some details and maybe a screen shot or two to help it make sense.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Regular Poster
757 posts
View Stats

Timber Wolf

It's hard to explain, because each server runs it's own custom version, but the basics are you create a character, choose a job aboard the station, and go about doing your job. But there are other forces at work, there are revoltionaries who will convert members of the crew to kill the heads, or a wizard or traitors that have set objectives to complete, or aliens will attack the station, and you have to survive, a rogue AI, ect. ect. You can go about doing your daily job, or you can bend and break the rules to do something great, or horrible. I'll post more later

Warning for Language: in a sort of mocking way, it sums up the game from the view of a crewmember
( Click to show/hide )
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M-JPH5SOmI]YouTube - Space Station 13[/ame]
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."
Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

Yeah but give me something to compare it to so I can understand what the gameplay is like. It sounds good but lots of stuff does and turns out not so good.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
Regular Poster
757 posts
View Stats

Timber Wolf

Here's a ten minute tutorial on the game, and it isn't even the full tutorial. I don't really know what to compare it to, so I'll let this kind gentleman show you
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NrJk4fIU60&feature=related]YouTube - Space Station 13 Tutorial part 1[/ame]
Old 05-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #6
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I dunno it doesn't look you're doing very much at all. It looks like a old school RPG but I still can't figure out what the point is and what you're supposed to be doing. Is there an end or a goal?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

So, it's essentially a sci fi D&D?