Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kong

Cat DeSpira and ChamPOW

I know this is long, sorry. I tried shortening it but didn't have much success.

Below is a facebook conversation between myself and Cat DeSpira. She is a writer for the new magazine Retrocade.

In it she accuses me of being the head of a conspiracy, a thief, immoral, etc. While I think it would be super cool to be the head of a conspiracy, sadly like most conspiracies this one replaces facts with speculation and is mostly smoke.

Libel is a published false statement that is damaging to one's reputation. It is a crime. That is what Cat has done.

I hope Cat is only trying to protect the gaming community but I fear part of her motivation is to create artificial drama and a fake villain the same as King of Kong did with Billy Mitchell so she can have an interesting article for her magazine.

This started on the facebook page for the Twin Galaxies Show. Note: TGS is not affiliated with Twin Galaxies or Cat DeSpira. I don't know much about TGS but you guys seem cool - thanks for the initial plug. I wanted to respond to her slander but I didn't want to have an internet argument on an innocent bystanders facebook page so I emailed her and asked her to publicly apologize for making stuff up about me and my projects. It does not look like that will happen so I will just publicly state my case here instead.

I will post the unedited emails and her facebook post below but first I will will write an easier to follow summary.

I created both chamPOW.com and RetroUprising.com and some other video game sites.

I have never been motivated by money. I have worked on these types of projects full time for 10 years and part time for the 5 years prior to that. For all of that time I have made an average of under one dollar per hour. I have a skill set that is very valuable and if money was a motivation I could easily get a very high paying job with great benefits. I have lived on around $2,000 a year nearly ever year of my adult life and that easily covers all of my material needs. Devoting my life to a hobby I love is much more important to me than trading my time or ethics for a pay check.

Cat accused me of working for Twin Galaxies and walking out with a copy of their database.

I have never worked for TG or been affiliated with them in any way, nor have I ever stolen anything from them.

I have great respect for what Walter Day and Twin Galaxies have accomplished. However I believe there is a severe flaw in TG's model that I can fix. I have attempted numerous times to contact anyone that works for TG to make suggestions and offer my help. They never replied and I have been told by others that they do not reply to anyone.

TG only tracks scores submitted directly to TG. TG claims to track world records but that simply is not true. Often there are scores that are much higher than TG scores at other sources. Currently there is no one place to go and find the real world record.

That is a service that I feel is greatly needed and that I intend to eventually provide through CP.

ChamPOW is not finished yet. My original intention was to not release it until it was finished but then TG went offline last year. Many people that had relied on TG to find the settings and scores so they could work on new records all of a sudden had no where to go. A few people knew I was working on this project kept asking me to make my data available even though it was incomplete. No one else seemed to be capable or willing to do that, so I published an early beta of CP which is what you see today.

These scores and settings are public data. TG facilitated the accumulation of them and for that they deserve mad props. But if they are going to disappear for this long then they should have made alternative arrangements. When they did not, I did. I feel strongly that was for the best for the most people. I think TG made a mistake by not doing it themselves.

TG is a 30 year archive of video game competition that belongs to all of us. As the past 6 months have shown, relying on one organization to maintain the only copy of that archive puts us dangerously close to losing it.

I have never heard anything from the old or new owners of TG. I do not know what their opinions on my actions and goals are. I sincerely hope and believe that we all share the same goal - improve the gaming community to the best of our ability. If instead their goal is to maintain a monopoly and hold improvements back then I will be stepping on their toes. If that is the case (I do not think it is) then I apologize to them, because I do respect what they have accomplished and they have earned the right to at least attempt to maintain a monopoly if they so desire, but I will continue to do what I think is best and I hope they and everyone else can see how that is for the greater good.

End of summary.

It started with this email from her to to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat DeSpira
Cat DeSpira
Retrocade Magazine

I'd really like to speak to you.
Give me a call.

[phone number removed]
Which appeared to me to be a request for a positive interview but instead was attempt ambush and create fake drama King of Kong style.

I had originally ignored the request. I was short on time and I wasn't very interested.

Then Barra sent me a link to this post she created days later
https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxie..._comment_reply

In the comments there, Andrew Barrow is our very own Barra.
@Barra
( Click to show/hide )
Barra, could you post a link to this in the TGS comments and let them know that if they would like to continue that discussion they may do so here, with someone that actually knows what is going on instead of just wild guesses and unfounded accusations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
I assume in response to this
https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxie..._comment_reply

Scores, no matter what the source or medium, are public domain. They can not be copyrighted.

I respect and appreciate everything Walter Day and Twin Galaxies have accomplished, but I think his model can be improved. Twin Galaxies claims to be the keeper of video game world records but there are many higher scores they do not track. Saying a score is the official high score when you only track scores submitted to a single source is inaccurate. No other sport I know of tracks scores that way.

I feel the hobby will be better served by comparing all scores from all sources and determining the real world record.

If any of the owners, creators, users or fans of Twin Galaxies feel I am stepping on their toes, I apologize. However I will continue to move forward with my project because I feel it improves the world of competitive gaming which is a goal we all share.

Right now, www.ChamPOW.com is only displaying scores from Twin Galaxies. That is because the CP is not finished. It was rushed to a beta release to display TG scores because TG has been offline for such a long time and numerous people were anxious to see anything up in it's place.

You seem to have jumped to some conclusions and think I am the bad guy. We seem to disagree on 2 points.

1. You think I stole something from TG. I have not. Video game scores, just like baseball scores or any other scores, are public domain. If you have a problem with this I suggest contacting a lawyer instead of trying to start internet arguments.

2. You either think the ChamPOW is finished (it is not) and will only be a duplicate of Twin Galaxies OR you realize the site is beta and the final goal is to compare all game scores from all sources and you somehow fail to see how that would improve competitive video gaming.

I would also like to point out, TG is the main record keeper of the entire history of video game competition. The past 6 months have shown that having a single copy of a history that we wish to preserve is risky. What if TG never comes back, what if one day 10 years from now they go offline. What if something happens to their database and all of their scores are corrupted. Other sports do not worry about such things because their are multiple records of all scores. It might not be in the best interest of TG if they desire to maintain a monopoly on score keeping but it is in the best interest of a hobby that I care deeply for. So I will continue.

Feel free to contact me with any additional concerns by replying to this message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
Thank you for contacting me. It was my wish to prompt you to.

Copies of the scoreboard have existed for years. However, yours was the only one which was ever made available online and I know how you obtained it. I am well acquainted with laws, and more specifically, laws governing intent. After all, means of acquisition is everything when you get down to it.

I have numerous questions for you.

-Cat
Quote:
What are your questions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
I prefer to speak either directly or on the phone.

I don't work for TGI.
I am a writer.
Quote:
I prefer you write your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
Ah, I see.

Okay.

Well, for starters: You worked on TG's database at one time which is how you procured the scoreboard. I believe you were their comp person, or at least contracted to work on it in some fashion when Bouvier owned the company. I feel I am correct.

Feelings on that?

Also, just so we understand each other, I have long been concerned about the original scoreboard and became excited about the copies being out in the world because I noticed they had been tampered with, edited and or had whole score listings erased. Although it is true no one "owns scores" to have an historical archive being pirated and edited deems it inaccurate in my eyes. Plus, if anything were to happen and these archives are all that is left it seems feasible for me to think that NO ORIGINAL SCOREBOARD would remain because people have tampered with the original. That concerns me. It may not be illegal but it is surely unethical.
Quote:
Like I said in my first message. You have jumped to some unfounded conclusions. I have never worked for twin galaxies or been affiliated with them in any manor. I created and run retrouprising.com.

I have sent numerous emails over the years to TG with suggestions and offers to help improve what I see as a flawed model. I never received a response.

My goal is NOT to make a duplicate of TG. My goal is to compare all scores from any source that are believed to be legitimate so that an official world record can be established. To that end I have deleted scores from my database that TG labeled unverifiable. I have not made any other edits.

I do not see advancing competitive gaming and creating a more accurate list of world records as unethical nor illegal.

My listings, when finished, will be the most accurate listings available. The only editing I will perform is to make the listings more accurate and easy to compare between multiple sources. It is no more a pirate operation than Google is.

You clearly feel strongly about this, as do I. And you are upset. Why are you upset?

I don't think you can be upset at my intentions or goals as they are beneficial to and frequently requested by the community that we both feel passionately about.

I did not as you assumed, obtain the scores through any form of embezzlement.

You have publicly accused me of being immoral, part of a conspiracy, exploitative, pirating, bootlegging, stealing, hacking, and being a super sponge.

You said all of this based on nothing but speculation. You do not know anything about me. I would appreciate it if you stopped assuming you do.

I feel you owe me an apology.

If anyone that is actually affiliated with Twin Galaxy let's me know that they are upset at my actions, I will apologize to them. That was never my intention. So far that has not happened despite my numerous attempts at a response from them. While I respect everything they have accomplished and will hopefully continue to accomplish, as long as I feel I can improve and give back to my life passion, I will continue to do so, even if a few people disagree with my method. The majority are in favor.

I will be posting the conversation in the forums at Retro Uprising when it is finished. If you prefer, I can post it now and we can continue the conversation there or we can continue it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
That's fine. It would give me the wonderful opportunity to point out to everyone the fact you have quite a few of the TG Hackers on RU. Splendid idea. I like it.

P.S. Maybe I can get a second interview with them concerning these matters.
So instead of apologizing or explaining where she is coming up with these accusations , or even trying to find real facts for her article (which I am only assuming is the point of all of this), she extends her accusations to more people. And so the conspiracy grows.

So Cat, I invite you to defend your claims. It is my belief that they are all made up. If you have any evidence at all then please provide it and prove me wrong. In full disclosure, I have the ability to delete and edit posts here. I promise that as long as you follow our rules I will not censor you in any way - example rules do not be vulgar, do not advertise, do not create multiple accounts.

I respectfully request you either start backing up your claims with some evidence or admit that you have made this all up and apologize.

Also is it or was it your intention to write an article about this in your magazine? I am assuming the answer is yes but that is only an assumption. I'd like to try removing as many assumptions as we can from this conversation. Thank you.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 217 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

Barra

Re: Cat DeSpira and ChamPOW

Posted on FB. I really hope she chimes in here. I want to know what/who she means by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
That's fine. It would give me the wonderful opportunity to point out to everyone the fact you have quite a few of the TG Hackers on RU. Splendid idea. I like it.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

bearhawk72

So because someone published results on a website, no one should ever be allowed to do the same.

So by her thinking, because on another site I log every score of a Blackhawks game, the team's record, and who scored the goals I am committing a crime. Wow.

You are not copying anything, just trying to make a new unified source using scores from different sources in one webpage.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Also, I dunno how big of a pain this would be, but if you could credit who verified the score(TG, MARP, etc) she really has no case.

I see now Barra has said that will happen. That's how it works in any sort of publishing. So long as you credit the source, everything is fine.(I'm not even sure you have to do that but I would out of courtesy)

Last edited by bearhawk72; 02-16-2013 at 09:24 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Barra

The source is listed when you click the score
Old 02-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

bearhawk72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
The source is listed when you click the score
I saw that and went back and edited my post.

From doing lots and lots of research papers and reading, nearly everything printed of an academic type uses direct quotes and ideas from others using acknowledgement of who wrote it. You use the research of others as well as your own. There is no difference here.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27
Level up: 63%
Level up: 63%, 339 Points needed Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

KATZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat despira
Tell that coward to face me.

oh snap, shes using name calling, better get the popcorn
Old 02-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
View Stats

bearhawk72

It's clear she's trolling now. No true professional reporter would ever talk that way knowing others can see it.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

This whole thing is just bizarre.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
View Stats

Barra

Thats the last comment I will make on the facebook post.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Slime Slayer

...heeeeeerrrreeee kitty kitty kitty...
Old 02-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #11
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
View Stats

Barra

The TG Podcast deleted the entire post
Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #12
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

I wrote her this
Quote:
Here is the link to the discussion.
http://www.retrouprising.com/other/c...hampow/t14617/

Feel free to make an account there and post your theory and evidence.

I know your conclusions are wrong so either your evidence is inaccurate and we can quickly resolve this by straightening out that misunderstand, or you are just making stuff up and in which case I would assume you must know you are wrong and then I would ask, why bother with the charade?

But anyways, let's continue this at the link above. I look forward to straightening this out and moving on.
Her first response was to e-rage on the Twin Galxies Show facebook page. Again TGS, sorry to be the subject of drama ruining your page.

She then sent me this message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
You do not scare me.
My reply.
Quote:
I am not trying to scare you. I am trying to have a calm and rational dialog.

In your last message you said it would be a wonderful opportunity to discuss this in the thread that I created. As per our agreement, that is the only place I will discuss this. If you want to get to the bottom of this then you can follow me there or we can end it now.

I am fully willing to hear your facts and evidence and even your theories and guesses. I will not engage in an online shouting match on an innocent bystander's (The Twin Galaxies Show) face book page.
She seems to be very confident that I am an ex-Twin Galxies employee that stole from them. I have decent documentation of my life since 2007 posted in these forums. In that entire time - no mention of me ever working for TG. So Cat, let's do some name dropping. Who do you think I am?

Cat also seems to not understand there are alternative ways to obtain public information from a website besides being a disgruntled employee. Here is one such way - [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler]Web crawler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

The TGS Facebook post before it was deleted. I did not see the last couple of comments before it was deleted.

Quote:
Why would you repeatedly link a database such as chamPOW on your page -that you know was bootlegged? That TG did not authorize its use is certain within a reasonable doubt and should be more than just a little obvious. If you didn't know, forgive me. But I do know that others do know this, have went to great lengths to conceal their actions at obtaining it, yet continue to champion it regardless of the immorality of their actions.

I am investigating the "chamPOW conspiracy" as I find it interesting and, if anyone is familiar at all with my work as an investigative journalist, you will find I am more than just merely proficient at finding what I am looking for.

Walter Day invested a great deal of his life and passion creating and defining the template for determining gaming scores and gave rise to a culture we are all a part of in one way or another. He gave 30 years of his life and love to us, unconditionally and unselfishly. His life's work -contained in that scoreboard- is a testament to his devotion to the craft and to us, and it is also the legacy handed down to us from the past, one that is important to the future as well as the present. I don't like to see his work, and the work of The Originals who acted as his support, augmented, exploited and disgraced by individuals who seek to use the historical scoreboard in a manner it was not intended for; passed around like a cheap handbill for a seminar and how to create your own business.

That doesn't sit well with me.

"}" title="Like this item" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like ·

• Michael Ryan McBride likes this.

• The Twin Galaxies Podcast This Facebook fan page only posted ONE time the link to the chamPow thing. Not repeatedly. Others have commented the link multiple times. Also This page posted the link one time so others could still see Walter's passion and work.

Cat, you are a flak...See More
    February 11 at 4:56pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Cat DeSpira That is correct about my concern for the database. There are suspect scores in that database as well as new additions in the last few years that are questionable. That doesn't negate the fact Walter's records and the historical records are being exploited by individuals who bootlegged them. Call me what you wish. I have been called worse and by nastier men. Nonetheless, my aim is true.
    February 11 at 5:51pm · Edited · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 1

• Craig Rout Gallant It's not bootlegging since nothing about it is illegal. The database appears to be compiled using cached web pages from TG. Since it's based on cache results, it won't be 100% accurate, but it's nice for us gamers to be able to reference scores that are presently not available due to the restructuring of TG, which will hopefully be back soon
    February 11 at 6:13pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 2

• Craig Rout Gallant The score data is public too. Champow data could easily be compiled by manually creating a database or using a script to fetch and parse data from TG cached webpages.
    February 11 at 6:15pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Cat DeSpira Yes, I realize that. I also know who compiled it and how they obtained it and which site first launched it...and why. Therein lies many questions.
    February 11 at 6:18pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 1

• Ben Mullen all i know is that somehow, someway, all the dates of the scores i know of are accurate, but off by exactly one day.
    February 11 at 6:38pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Cat DeSpira Obtained from undisclosed source: Autumn 2012 "I have a copy of all Twin Galaxies scores before they went down and had already started working on a new site..."

Key word here: copy
    Second key: post links to a template of chamPOW
    February 11 at 6:55pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 1

• Craig Rout Gallant Right, but how he obtained a copy of the scores is the real question. If he used a script to parse/format publicly accessible data from the web it's not exactly illegal. I also heard from a source that this database will not just be a culmination of TG...See More
    February 11 at 7:02pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• The Twin Galaxies Podcast How can you exploite high score data? I bet if you ask Walter how he felt about another site posted his "life's work" scoreboard until the current TG gets it back up, I'm 100 percent sure he would be greatful that gamers today could view his work until TG gets there shit together.
    February 11 at 7:02pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Josh Jones I generally dont post on status updates like this, but for someone whose supposedly doing a podcast for TG, or having their name attached to it, I think slinging insults at someone wouldnt be the smartest thing to do.
    February 11 at 7:15pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 2

• Cat DeSpira I have spoken with Walter. But I will not discuss that except to say this: You are mistaken.
    February 11 at 7:40pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 1

• Cat DeSpira I don't really care about that. It's unfortunate but I've grown some pretty thick skin over the years and such things don't really bother me much. It's all par for the course. No biggie.

What does bother me is, with all the changes going on in a scene...See More
    February 11 at 8:15pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 2

• The Twin Galaxies Podcast Cat, Well I'm sorry this doesn't sit well with you. A Thing that don't sit well with me is that the gamer community still does not have a place to look at Walter's official scoreboard. Mike S.
    February 11 at 8:17pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 1

• Cat DeSpira No need to identify who you are. I was aware to whom I was speaking.

I don't care to comment on what TG is doing. I was only commenting on chamPOW and Walter's original scoreboard being passed around like a joint at a party.
    February 11 at 8:34pm · Edited · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• The Twin Galaxies Podcast Then I will comment on how many refs over the past 30 years worked to verify scores to help build a database with Walter, to be taken away from their eyes. That's unsettling. I only wish a official scoreboard would come back. Mike S.
    February 11 at 8:39pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 1

• Cat DeSpira Again, I will not comment on TGs business progress or otherwise only to say they were left with a huge mess to clean up and in spite of that undoubtedly incurred subsequent costs to preserve and protect something that had, for a number of years, become a target. chamPOW, and it's creator, is a symptom of that.
    February 11 at 8:44pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• The Twin Galaxies Podcast Go find them and destroy them. But not on this page.
    February 11 at 8:47pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Cat DeSpira A little education never hurt anyone
    February 11 at 8:49pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 2

• Andrew Barrow As it has been said chamPOW is just going to be used as a one stop place to list the best scores out there. Nothing more. Multiple sources will be used and all scores will have their appropriate source listed next to it.
    February 12 at 6:23pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Cat DeSpira ChamPow has no right to do that with TGs historical scoreboard.
    February 12 at 6:53pm via mobile · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like · 3

• The Twin Galaxies Podcast In your opinion.
    February 12 at 7:00pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Cat DeSpira Well, perhaps I should educate the public on what has transpired, how the scoreboard was obtained and allow the gaming public the opportunity to exercise their own opinion on the matter. Hey...wait. Great idea.
    February 12 at 7:39pm · Edited · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• John Marks ChamPow says I have the wr on D2K. I got my score AFTER Benjamin Falls got a higher score. He isn't even listed on D2K on ChamPow.
    February 12 at 7:43pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Cat DeSpira The fact they named their site after a SUPER SPONGE was not lost on me.
    February 12 at 7:48pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• The Twin Galaxies Podcast That's great. start a fan page about it and educate the public.
    February 12 at 8:33pm · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Andrew Barrow Hi guys. If anyone would like to continue this discussion they can do so here -> http://www.retrouprising.com/other/c...hampow/t14617/
    Please READ the first post before posting. The post is from the creator of ChamPOW himself. No need for wild guesses and accusations. Thanks
    about an hour ago · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Cat DeSpira DO NOT follow this man to increase his traffic. This is what he wishes. He stole Walter Day's Historical Scoreboard and is miffed that, out of many who knew he did, I was the only one who called him on it. You do not scare me, intimidate me or even merely blow my hair back. I'm actually entertained by your challenge. Amused, even.

Frankly, Andrew, I am flattered by your attention. Really. It's been awhile since anyone had the balls to take me on in public unless they were in need of meds. But I will not engage you on YOUR PAGE so my input can increase your traffic. Also, realize who you intend to engage. Do your homework. You are out of your league. Got a cup? Put it on, bro.
    about an hour ago · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Jonathan Hale If you go offline for as long as TGI has, and don't even keep people in the news about whats happening, something like this would happen. I for one think its great that someone else has taken it upon themselves to do a scoreboard when the TGI one has been offline for as long as it has. When the site was sold (TGI), it would have taken at the very most 1 week to get a basic "heres the record database" site back up, just to keep it online. 10 months later, nothing. Good job Kong for keeping it online. I dont mind who or where it is, as long as it is up and running.

• Cat DeSpira Jonathan Hale: I like you. Stay out of this. Please.

• Andrew Barrow Hey Cat, just so you know Im not Kong. It was his request that I publish it here.

• Cat DeSpira Tell that coward to FACE ME then.

• Jonathan Hale Im just saying that you cant steal something that is in the public domain. It would be really easy to write a PHP script that downloaded the entire TGI database, you just tell it to crawl the site and copy the SQL. Thats not stealing it, its copying it. There are lots of programs out there that do this thing.

• Cat DeSpira What is he scared of? I already know who he is and I KNOW how he got the scoreboard. Back off. Back the fuck off me.

• Cat DeSpira You could have walked away. But, no, you cast a stone. You should have thought about that. I will not be subjected to such behavior and I WILL NOT relent against such a thing.

It's on.
    57 minutes ago · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Andrew Barrow Seems to me he wants to discuss publicly.
    56 minutes ago · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Cat DeSpira So do I, but not in a way that will EVER benefit you or your kind.
    52 minutes ago · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Like

• Cat DeSpira Tell that coward to face me.
    52 minutes ago · "}" role="button" href="https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxiesShow/posts/492163110830308?comment_id=5205802¬if_t=feed_comme nt_reply#">Lik
Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
View Stats

Barra

Last two comments:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #14
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Good times. Always.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

More emails.
Her
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
I am finished with you.
me.
Quote:
You called me a coward but you are the one that is unable to have a calm serious conversation that requires providing evidence for your wild accusations?

Making stuff up about someone and when they call you out on it, e-raging and then running away is cowardly.
I was looking forward to hearing her whole theory. I really wanted to know who she thought I was. Doesn't look like she is going to show up though.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #16
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

That's epic.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #17
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
View Stats

Barra

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...type=1&theater
Old 02-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #18
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

What the? :S

Old 02-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #19
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat

Cat DeSpira DO NOT follow this man to increase his traffic. This is what he wishes. He stole Walter Day's Historical Scoreboard and is miffed that, out of many who knew he did, I was the only one who called him on it. You do not scare me, intimidate me or even merely blow my hair back. I'm actually entertained by your challenge. Amused, even.

Frankly, Andrew, I am flattered by your attention. Really. It's been awhile since anyone had the balls to take me on in public unless they were in need of meds. But I will not engage you on YOUR PAGE so my input can increase your traffic. Also, realize who you intend to engage. Do your homework. You are out of your league. Got a cup? Put it on, bro.
My site has much more traffic than yours. If you defend your claims here OR admit you were wrong then I will put a link to your site on our homepage and leave it there until this conversation is finished. Free advertising for your new business.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #20
Regular Poster
68 posts
Mary McManus is in the starting lineupMary McManus is in the starting lineupMary McManus is in the starting lineupMary McManus is in the starting lineup
View Stats
Level: 5
Points: 508, Level: 5 Points: 508, Level: 5 Points: 508, Level: 5
Level up: 39%
Level up: 39%, 92 Points needed Level up: 39% Level up: 39%

Mary McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
My site has much more traffic than yours. If you defend your claims here OR admit you were wrong then I will put a link to your site on our homepage and leave it there until this conversation is finished. Free advertising for your new business.
sounds like a "win-win" to me
Old 02-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #21
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Ya know what's funny, you can tell that nobody likes her, but some are just friendly to her face. I've known a couple people like her in person, you know the type? Everything they say and do just makes you cringe, and you can't wait for them to leave so that the normal people can discuss how stupid they are, haha.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #22
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

Reminds me so much of Rita Skeeter from the Harry Potter books
Old 02-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #23
247 posts
SMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,569, Level: 22 Points: 6,569, Level: 22 Points: 6,569, Level: 22
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 681 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

SMASH

Just sounds like some hater troll. I wouldn't even reply. Waste of time to even read her responses. More power to RU.
"What do you mean how, because I'm Billy Mitchell." Haters gonna hate
Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #24
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
View Stats

Barra

That picture I posted earlier is no longer anywhere, and also her facebook account doesnt seem to exist either. Well says page not found when I click her name.
It worked earlier today.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #25
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
1,123 posts
RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 32
Points: 15,883, Level: 32 Points: 15,883, Level: 32 Points: 15,883, Level: 32
Level up: 40%
Level up: 40%, 667 Points needed Level up: 40% Level up: 40%

RevJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
That picture I posted earlier is no longer anywhere, and also her facebook account doesnt seem to exist either. Well says page not found when I click her name.
It worked earlier today.
Her FaceBook page is still there. I don't know her at all, but she's a friend of Walter's and a friend of a bunch of good decent gamers. And she's a chick who likes old games. I like chicks who like old games.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

The pic is still there too Barra. Maybe your interweb connection is dropping?