Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Game Club Challenges 5 new games every month for discussion and competition.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Open Contests > Game Club Challenges

Comment

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 10:40 AM  
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

joz

Breath of Fire 2 - August 2011

The principle protagonist is a 16-year-old boy named Ryu Bateson, who shares his name with the main character from the original Breath of Fire, who mysteriously finds himself alone in the world one day after his father and sister disappear and all townspeople in his...

Last edited by Kong; 08-19-2011 at 12:47 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Donor
Administrator

Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
Re: Breath of Fire 2 - August 2011

It is worth 54 points. You can also play the retranslated version if you prefer. It is the original Japanese version retranslatd by fans who thought the official translation was inadequate.

Breath Of Fire 2: Retranslated
» Super Nintendo
Old 08-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Extra Chrispy

CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

Yeah. I noticed a few mistakes during the game. Even some boss names were wrong.

---------- Post added 08-09-2011 at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-07-2011 at 02:05 AM ----------

By the way you cannot get worst ending. You get it after beating Habaruku. You have a choice to "Wait" or "Defeat". Pressing "wait" will end your game. Demons appear on the screen and the game is done. If you say "Defeat" and then "Yes", you will be able to continue into the last dungeon of the game and defeat the final boss. Thought I would mention it for those who do not save frequently
Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 AM

joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

This game is ticking me off. I really need to farm levels because the boss battles are too tough. I'm stuck healing every single turn and I can't attack or else I get killed in two hits.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:57 AM
MY TITLE IS RED!

Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

Pretty cool game so far. That opening text crawl after you hit the first cave is pretty dramatic. The music is intense and the story is confusingly ominous. Then the title hits the screen and the music kicks up a notch into more drama. I gotta say I was impressed, haven't seen an opening like that in a while.

But then I had the window open while I went to do something and I clicked away when I got back, lost it all. I only lost a little but it's an annoying start to my game.

Btw what does the color thing do in conversations?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:39 AM

I think the color in the dragon amulet changes according to your good or bad deeds. A sort of alliance like in Ogre Battle.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Extra Chrispy

CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

Yeah. The more good things you do/say, the better or worse the color of your Dragon amulet changes. Flashing colors means you have the best "goodness" lol.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:33 PM
MY TITLE IS RED!

Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

So what does that actually matter?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Extra Chrispy

You get more opportunities/better things if you have best morale. Ex: There is a guy who will teach you the spell "Missle" three times if you have highest morale.

I didn't see too many of them, but there are a few things that you can get that will help like spells/weapons/armor from NPCs.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:10 PM
MY TITLE IS RED!

Would've been nice for the game to tell me this at some point. Btw I don't like how some decisions are bad and set on the default button you'd push to pass all the talking. Like in the beginning I told my dad he's worthless without realizing it.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Extra Chrispy

Lol!! I know I hate that. I mentioned earlier in the thread that towards the end of the game, you'll fight Habaruku and you will be asked to "Wait" or "Defeat". Wait ends your game and you get the worst ending which you can't get for mastery. Wait is the deafult button, so make sure you press Defeat so you can continue the game. If you do press Wait, just press F5 and restart from your last save.

Comments

great tip
Old 08-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Kuma Shock

Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

Dragon tear - Breath of Fire
here is about the colors
Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Regular Poster

elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

Also for leveling up there is an island in the north that has two characters living on it from the first Breath of Fire (Bo and Guy if I remember correctly.)

On this island are some high EXP beasts that are hard to kill, but if you use Bow's Shot command every round it will work eventually and kill the monster in one hit.

Also there is a best ending but I think it involves building the town up completely, getting all the best weapons for Ryu and making sure you don't kill a particular character when you battle him in a boss battle. (Kill everything but him and you will save him.)

It's been a long time since I played through this game but when I do play this games I am pretty stubborn about trying to get the best ending possible.

Comments

Veyr, very good tip!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Extra Chrispy

The island that Elrod is talking about it called Monster Island. You get 10-12k exp per each battle. Using Bow's Shot command, you have a chance to kill the enemy in one chance. Also, the same works if you have the Death spell. I think it's the most north island, to the left. Small island, with one little house. Press "Select" to use map by the way. Also, by chance, you will run into an enemy that gives 20k exp. They usually appear in three or fours, so you can get 60-80k but they are very rare. 4 hours of grinding, I ran into them only three or four times.

To get best ending you need to
( Click to show/hide )
recruit a girl in Guntz named Eichichi, and save the old man from the fight against the Guardeyes which allows TownShip to fly. That's the only thing you need, I'm pretty sure.

Nice tip Elrod!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:10 PM
funk wizard

Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

I've never played any game in the series. Are they any good?

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Breath of Fire III is on the PSP, well I guess I'll find out. It's surprisingly small in terms of file size, so I guess I'll give it a go.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:46 PM

Did the game freeze for anyone in the witch's tower after meeting the huge frog?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Extra Chrispy

Was it when you opened one of the treasures? That happened to me. I just got a few of them and avoided the rest. The only real good things there are 1000 Coins and I think a piece of armor/weapon or two.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:09 PM

@Chrisp: yep. It was the one on the top left where the trap floors are activated.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Extra Chrispy

Same happened to me. I don't know if it's just a glitch within the game or the emulator. Either way, I was just glad I saved beforehand

If I'm not mistaken, there is another place that has treasures that freeze. I think in HighFort for when you get there.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:12 PM
MY TITLE IS RED!

Glad you mentioned this, it happened to me last night and I was worried it was my PC or something. Although I think it happened to me on the bottom left treasure chest.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Yeah....I think I need to beat the Cook guy by the waterfall again.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Extra Chrispy

Southeast of the waterfall, there is a small place you can enter. In there is a save point and a place to rest for free. It's great for grinding/resting/saving.

@DB- It happened twice to me on different treasures, so it may just be random. I just got the most important things and continued on.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Donor

Incubator has a faint yellow circle forming above their headIncubator has a faint yellow circle forming above their headIncubator has a faint yellow circle forming above their headIncubator has a faint yellow circle forming above their headIncubator has a faint yellow circle forming above their headIncubator has a faint yellow circle forming above their head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Southeast of the waterfall, there is a small place you can enter. In there is a save point and a place to rest for free. It's great for grinding/resting/saving.

@DB- It happened twice to me on different treasures, so it may just be random. I just got the most important things and continued on.
Yep, it's random. It happened to me 3 times already, but it's random, the second time i always opened the boxes with no problem.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:11 AM
MY TITLE IS RED!

I think it's a random bug with any treasures but that room has so many it just triggers it more often. I had it happen twice with two different treasures(to be fair I couldn't really check the one that froze before since I was frozen ). I suggest anyone playing this game just save it a lot.

Did I miss some tutorial that explains what each character does? I hate to read walkthroughs of rpgs but this one is forcing me to. So after looking at the info on gamefaqs I know the game didn't say anything about it. Did you guys also look it up?

Rand can use his wake command to revive dead players(70% chance). His roll move on the map avoids encounters and it's fast. Both of those should be something the game tells you, kinda helps a lot.

I also didn't realize Katt can hunt. It kinda sucks because you have to get close though. I didn't have dogboy long enough to use his ranged shot. Also, I suck at fishing. What's the trick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM
Are they any good?
Yes. I haven't played all of them but the ones I've played have been good. They always have interesting things going on like "building" a town and each character having a special ability(fishing, hunting, flying over holes in dungeons ect). Plus the main character is a dragon dude and he changes into different dragons in battle.

Last edited by Dudebro; 08-13-2011 at 03:18 AM..
Old 08-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Extra Chrispy

Jean has a similar thing to Rand's Roll. Jean grows into a huge frog and you go faster /increase evasiveness from enemies around the map. You need it to go through water. Rand can also break down certain walls.

Sten extends his arms from one stake to another to get across gaps. The stakes need to be there.

Spar can walk through forests.

Bow can hunt as well as Katt. Katt can use her stick to break barriers though.

@DB- For fishing, once you get anything on the fishing line, press Z on the keyboard repeatedly (or it could be X) until you fish in your prize. The best bait is Gold, but can only be used to get treasures. The best weapon for the main character,
( Click to show/hide )
the EmpireSD, can be gotten by using the CharmRod in a fishing spot east of TownShip in an area surrounded by mountains that you need to fly to get there. Also, the best armor, LifeAR, can be fished in a different spot.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:21 PM
MY TITLE IS RED!

Jean has a similar dodge enemies thing but he can still be attacked randomly. Seems like Rand dodges all attacks until he stops moving, then he automatically gets attacked.
I haven't seen any walls to break down yet, I think, I'm only right past the witches tower.

Yeah the Sten thing I had to look up. An NPC mentioned it but they said someone from the highlands. I didn't expect that to be a monkey.

What barriers can she break? I don't think I've come across any yet.

I've tried repeatedly pressing the button but it fails a lot.

Btw the gold is also used to catch an NPC in a spot south of Colesium(I think) and it's a secret shop. Sells good gear but I only know that from reading about it.
Comment