Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Old 10-31-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Tails

Punch Out Wii

Seeing that tournament of the 8-but game was a smash... heads should fly with this.

http://kotaku.com/5058407/punch+out-wii-trailer-screens

Pretty cool, was just told by my friend.

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Re: Punch Out Wii

Word. I will be buying this. I saw King Hippo and I was sold. Von Kaiser helped too.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
Regular Poster
612 posts
laserboy1134 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,619, Level: 20 Points: 5,619, Level: 20 Points: 5,619, Level: 20
Level up: 89%
Level up: 89%, 131 Points needed Level up: 89% Level up: 89%

laserboy1134

There's Already Wii boxing. Punch Out has better graphics and different characters, but it looks the same, and I really don't wanna spend $50 on it.
<br />Help me raise my Habamon!<br /><br /><br /><br />Link: Well Exscuuuse Me princess!
Old 11-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

Wii boxing isn't terrible but it's not great either. This looks like a much better version. Besides it's got the old characters, how can it go wrong?
Old 11-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #5
Donor
288 posts
BRODYMAN is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Points: 5,091, Level: 20 Points: 5,091, Level: 20 Points: 5,091, Level: 20
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 659 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

BRODYMAN

eh...if it's a wii ware download, I'm all over it. If it's just the old game prettied up (note even the same method to take down hippo - left right left right to the tummy ) I can't see parting with more than 20 bucks or so.
Kart: 2449-5237-1294
Old 11-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
Regular Poster
612 posts
laserboy1134 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Points: 5,619, Level: 20 Points: 5,619, Level: 20 Points: 5,619, Level: 20
Level up: 89%
Level up: 89%, 131 Points needed Level up: 89% Level up: 89%

laserboy1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Wii boxing isn't terrible but it's not great either. This looks like a much better version. Besides it's got the old characters, how can it go wrong?
It looks almost identical (With old characters and better graphics) and it's being sold for $50. I would say get the DSI version instead, but the DSI looks terrible. (not the DS the DSI)
<br />Help me raise my Habamon!<br /><br /><br /><br />Link: Well Exscuuuse Me princess!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Well yeah if it's exactly the same as Punch Out then I'll pass too. But I'm guessing Nintendo is going to add stuff to make it worth the money.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:18 PM   #8
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

Tails

My friend said the last boss is Mike Tyson..

Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #9
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
That's doubtful. No one wants to sign him anymore since he's basically insane.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #10
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
View Stats

Tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
That's doubtful. No one wants to sign him anymore since he's basically insane.
I asked him if it wasn't Mr. Dream but he said its Mike..

Old 11-02-2008, 02:36 AM   #11
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

TrakMastaTom

I don't know how he would considering the little amount of information known about this game.

I agree that this game just looks like a pretty, motion controlled punch out. I don't know about it.

Maybe if they return Soda Popinski to Vodka Drunkinski or whatever it was. Then I will buy it.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:43 AM   #12
Regular Poster
1,000 posts
count100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Points: 4,839, Level: 20 Points: 4,839, Level: 20 Points: 4,839, Level: 20
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 911 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

count100

If I even had the wii I would wait to buy that used when it goes down to 19.99 just because it can't be much different then what the original one is.

@dudebro I can see them using Tyson as the final again. The reason that I say that is because like others have said it is just going to be probably the same game just prettied up. Nothing more nothing less. Nintendo went and took the chance on the wii as it was but I don't think that they will go and mess with Mike Tyson's punch out and ruin the great rep that they have right now.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:31 AM   #13
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

Punch-Out!! = Mr. Dream
Mike Tyson's Punch=Out!! = Mike Tyson

If the game is called just Punch-Out then it is probably just Mr. Dream. With Nintendo's squeaky clean rep and Mike's rapping and ear eating I don't see Nintendo coughing up a couple million to use Mike's name.

Same with Vodka. Nintendo won't put him in.

It looks fun. The food coming out of the boxers is stupid.

@Tails. How would your friend know that? He probably made it up or heard it from someone else that made it up.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
Regular Poster
1,000 posts
count100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Points: 4,839, Level: 20 Points: 4,839, Level: 20 Points: 4,839, Level: 20
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 911 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

count100

I stand corrected; With the info from Kong there. That does make sense.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:39 AM   #15
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

TrakMastaTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong

Same with Vodka. Nintendo won't put him in.
Why you gotta go and break my heart Big D?
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #16
Regular Poster
133 posts
NintendoNerds is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 5
Points: 525, Level: 5 Points: 525, Level: 5 Points: 525, Level: 5
Level up: 50%
Level up: 50%, 75 Points needed Level up: 50% Level up: 50%

NintendoNerds

A classic NES Boxing classic reborn? How can you go wrong...I'm sold. Little Mac doesn't look so little anymore...a bit taller. Also, I wonder who the final event is with.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

I finally played some Wii games.

Wii Punch-Out is awesome. I played it with the wii fit surf board and it was a decent work out. I got to Soda Popsinski. Anyone beat it or get past Soda?

And I played

Yarn Kirby and SMB. I've never liked a Kirby or Mario game so no surprise, I didn't like these either.

Flingsmash is a genre that I normally love but the game was horribly designed. Blind grandmothers with one broken arm and the other tied to their back could probably beat it.

Mario Kart was OK but SNES Mario Kart was equally fun.

Multi player Cooking Mamma was fun for a half hour but I wouldn't come back for more.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #18
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

I beat Punch-out!! Wii, no balance board or motion controls though, just traditional.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #19
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Is Mr. Dream the last guy? Is Soda in the last circuit?
Old 06-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
Weekend Warrior
243 posts
Enemy Ace radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsEnemy Ace radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsEnemy Ace radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsEnemy Ace radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsEnemy Ace radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsEnemy Ace radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsEnemy Ace radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsEnemy Ace radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,063, Level: 24 Points: 8,063, Level: 24 Points: 8,063, Level: 24
Level up: 2%
Level up: 2%, 787 Points needed Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Activity: 52%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Enemy Ace

Last times I played it (Wii's Punch Out), took several beatings of Mr. Sandman on "Title Defense".

Really enjoyed the game, but I'm not good at it. I even got the headgear.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Is Mr. Dream the last guy? Is Soda in the last circuit?
Yes, Soda is in the last circuit.

After Popinski: Bald Bull, Super Macho Man and Mr. Sandman, which is the last opponent.

Last edited by Enemy Ace; 06-07-2012 at 06:22 PM..
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.
— Manfred von Richthofen

And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
— Ayrton Senna
Old 06-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #21
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemy Ace View Post
I even got the headgear.
Me too lol.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."