Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Open Contests Current running contests. Look here to sign up.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Open Contests

Old 04-26-2015, 04:38 AM   #376
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
1,123 posts
RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 32
Points: 15,883, Level: 32 Points: 15,883, Level: 32 Points: 15,883, Level: 32
Level up: 40%
Level up: 40%, 667 Points needed Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

RevJ

Re: 2007 High Score Assassins Contest

This website - Airwolf cheats, codes, hints, FAQs: Nintendo NES - suggests there is an in-game invincibility cheat for Airwolf. I couldn't get it to work on RU, but then I may not have done it right.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I didn't try to test this, but it looks like there are in-game cheats in Boogerman as well, refer Boogerman: A Pick & Flick Adventure Cheats, Codes, Unlockables - Genesis - IGN and Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure Cheats, Codes, and Secrets for Genesis - GameFAQs
Old 01-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #377
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

5 games remaining:
Super Mario Bros 3: Super Carrots The Veggie Adventures - Nintendo Entertainment System
Ren and Stimpy, Stimpy's Invention Starring - Sega Genesis
Crue Ball - Sega Genesis
Paperboy 2 - Sega Genesis
Boogerman: A Pick & Flick Adventure - Sega Genesis

The high score in these 5 games were submitted before we recorded movies of game play.

New rule just for these 5 games.

If you can beat these scores by cheating then you will get credit in this Assassin contest.

You still have to play in score mode and submit your score normally but you can cheat, farm, use continues, passwords anything you can think of, as long as you can not tell that you have cheated from the final screen shot when you submit your score.

Once you submit your score post here and describe what type of cheating you used.

Your score will not be added to the score board, the old high score that you beat will be removed from the score board and you will get points in this contest as if you legitimately beat the score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevJ View Post
I didn't try to test this, but it looks like there are in-game cheats in Boogerman as well, refer Boogerman: A Pick & Flick Adventure Cheats, Codes, Unlockables - Genesis - IGN
I've deleted the Boogerman scores and given RevJ 2,688 points for posting the cheat.

Games left in the 2007 assassination contest = 5
Total points still currently available = 15,352
Approx average points currently per game = 3,070

Scores in first post updated.

Last edited by Kong; 01-27-2016 at 02:22 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:36 PM   #378
Regular Poster
306 posts
Uter has a faint yellow circle forming above their headUter has a faint yellow circle forming above their headUter has a faint yellow circle forming above their headUter has a faint yellow circle forming above their headUter has a faint yellow circle forming above their headUter has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 14
Points: 2,743, Level: 14 Points: 2,743, Level: 14 Points: 2,743, Level: 14
Level up: 98%
Level up: 98%, 7 Points needed Level up: 98% Level up: 98%

Uter

trippykid's 3243 days old Ren and Stimpy, Stimpy's Invention Starring high score from 2007 was beaten by Uter.

See if you can beat the new highscore!

Automatic post.
Score approved by krehztim.

Nice job, Uter. I was going to work on this one myself.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Thanks! It's kind of a weird game. It took a bunch of tries just to get used to the awkward controls.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #379
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

Only 4 games remaining. Worth over 3,000 points each. There are no movies for these 4 high scores, only screen shots. You can get credit for beating them by just proving cheating was possible.

Airwolf - Nintendo Entertainment System
Super Mario Bros 3: Super Carrots The Veggie Adventures - Nintendo Entertainment System
Crue Ball - Sega Genesis

Last edited by Kong; 09-20-2016 at 06:08 PM..
Old 09-20-2016, 05:32 PM   #380
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 15,929, Level: 32 Points: 15,929, Level: 32 Points: 15,929, Level: 32
Level up: 44%
Level up: 44%, 621 Points needed Level up: 44% Level up: 44%

elrod21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post

Only 4 games remaining. Worth over 3,000 points each. There are no movies for these 4 high scores, only screen shots. You can get credit for beating them by just proving cheating was possible.

Crue Ball - Sega Genesis
Boogerman: A Pick & Flick Adventure - Sega Genesis
I thought RevJ already was given the points for Boogerman for finding cheats for it.
I know you said 4 left so perhaps just forgot to take it out of the list?
Old 09-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #381
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Thanks. Fixed. Still 4 games. Replaced Boogerman with Airwolf.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:34 AM   #382
Irregular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
66 posts
The Kombat King is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 16
Points: 3,208, Level: 16 Points: 3,208, Level: 16 Points: 3,208, Level: 16
Level up: 40%, 242 Points needed Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

The Kombat King

Quote:

Airwolf - Nintendo Entertainment System
Crue Ball - Sega Genesis
Crue Ball has a cheat code which allows the player to switch between levels.

Crue Ball: Heavy Metal Pinball Cheats, Codes, Unlockables - Genesis - IGN

I tested it, and it works. Skipping to level 9 allows for significantly larger point payouts. A breakdown of the point system can be found in the "scores" section of this FAQ.

Crue Ball FAQ/Walkthrough for Genesis by DEATHSCHILD - GameFAQs

I'm not much of a pinball guy though, so maybe someone else can beat this.
Isn't that great!?
Old 10-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #383
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 15,929, Level: 32 Points: 15,929, Level: 32 Points: 15,929, Level: 32
Level up: 44%
Level up: 44%, 621 Points needed Level up: 44% Level up: 44%

elrod21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kombat King View Post
Crue Ball has a cheat code which allows the player to switch between levels.

Crue Ball: Heavy Metal Pinball Cheats, Codes, Unlockables - Genesis - IGN

I tested it, and it works. Skipping to level 9 allows for significantly larger point payouts. A breakdown of the point system can be found in the "scores" section of this FAQ.

Crue Ball FAQ/Walkthrough for Genesis by DEATHSCHILD - GameFAQs

I'm not much of a pinball guy though, so maybe someone else can beat this.
Actually I think you just get the points in this contest since you have shown how you can cheat to get a high score. That 8,000,000 point rail shot at Volume 9 alone allows you to quickly rack up points towards the current high score.

So you don't have to beat it AFAIK. Kong can confirm of course.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:49 AM   #384
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
1,123 posts
RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

RevJ

The link to the "Easter Egg" for Crue Ball seems to have broken but the tip is also here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/genesi...ue-ball/cheats (ie go to Music Demo > Twisted Flipper > press A,C,A,B > Press enter to start game > Press Up + B to raise volume)

Having said that I had a couple of games and couldn't get the awesome score I was hoping for haha
Old 07-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #385
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
154 posts
terencew is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 8
Points: 812, Level: 8 Points: 812, Level: 8 Points: 812, Level: 8
Level up: 12%
Level up: 12%, 88 Points needed Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

terencew

Kong's 4912 days old Dizzy The Adventurer high score from 2007 was beaten by terencew.

Automatic post.
Score approved by Kong.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #386
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Only 5 scores remaining:
  1. Airwolf - Nintendo
  2. Super Mario Bros 3: Super Carrots The Ve - Nintendo
  3. Crue Ball - Genesis
  4. Paperboy 2 - Genesis
  5. Frogger - ColecoVision
Reminder of rule just for these 5 games: The high score in these 5 games were submitted before we recorded movies of game play.

If you can beat these scores by cheating then you will get credit in this Assassin contest.

You still have to play in score mode and submit your score normally but you can cheat, grind, use continues, passwords anything you can think of.

Once you submit your score post here and describe what type of cheating you used.

Your score will not be added to the score board, the old high score that you beat will be removed from the score board and you will get points in this contest as if you legitimately beat the score.

@terencew Congrats on beating the oldest score on the site. Too bad it was also my oldest score From watching your playback I see that I would have got 100 extra points just for letting the credits roll. But you beat me by 200 points so you found one other thing that I missed.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

For Coleco Frogger, the default start button is the equal sign on keyboard. Of the five remaining scores I think Frogger will be the easiest.
For Crue Ball, a cheat code might help you beat the score.

Last edited by Kong; 07-30-2020 at 03:32 PM..
Old 07-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #387
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
154 posts
View Stats

terencew

Quote:
@terencew Congrats on beating the oldest score on the site. Too bad it was also my oldest score From watching your playback I see that I would have got 100 extra points just for letting the credits roll. But you beat me by 200 points so you found one other thing that I missed.
Thanks, I did read somewhere that the max was believed to be 32,500. Thought that might have been a mistake since we had a handful of 32,300 scores, and couldn't find any walkthrough videos that beat our scores. Also it didn't help that all our scores were from pre-movie days!

But I mapped out the entire space looking for potential spots... aside from letting the credits roll, I can only guess at the screen(s) others may have missed...
- falling through the trap door
- jumping to the left off the magic carpet
… everything else seemed pretty straightforward.

Frogger - ColecoVision is back on the 2007 list as I had to DQ some newer scores which played on the non-default game speed of "slow". But it does make that target easier, so get to it everyone!
Old 07-31-2020, 12:35 PM   #388
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
154 posts
View Stats

terencew

Gilligan2346's 4610 days old Frogger high score from 2007 was beaten by terencew.

Automatic post.
Score approved by Kong.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #389
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
1,123 posts
View Stats

RevJ

I just wanna say it's cool that these very old scores are still being attacked ... I think it would be very nice if RU had a fully 'clean' scoreboard with no gameplay that can't be viewed by watching
Old 09-03-2023, 03:05 PM   #390
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Only 4 2007 scores remaining:
  1. Airwolf - Nintendo
  2. Super Mario Bros 3: Super Carrots The Veggie Adventures - Nintendo
  3. Crue Ball - Genesis
  4. Paperboy 2 - Genesis

Reminder of rule just for these 5 games: The high score in these 5 games were submitted before we recorded movies of game play.

You still have to play in score mode and submit your score normally but you can cheat, grind, use continues, passwords anything you can think of.