Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > RU Games

Old 08-17-2018, 08:39 AM   #1
Regular Poster
77 posts
wolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,411, Level: 20 Points: 5,411, Level: 20 Points: 5,411, Level: 20
Level up: 70%
Level up: 70%, 339 Points needed Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

wolf_lord_30

Zelda II

I recently started to seriously play this game. I've never really tried it out before except in passing. It was so different from the first one and then A Link to the Past went back to the style of the first one. It was included as a game on the NES Classic Edition, so I decided to give it a shot. Once you get past the differences, it is a pretty fun game. The RPG elements are nice, even if a little frustrating at first, the action platformer suits Link, and the graphics are pretty good. I'm reminded of Gargoyle's Quest II with the overworld to platformer, a little bit of Castlevania II with the villagers, a little Faxandu mixed in there and then wrapped together in a Legend of Zelda skin.

My problem with the game is the horrible hints and general blundering to find the next step. To talk to one of the wise men, the one daughter tells you she lost her mirror. In Midoro Swamp. I searched every inch of all three swamps near the town and came up empty handed. I beat the palace and got the handy glove. Still no mirror. Checked online out of frustration and it was under a table in an abandoned house. I never would have figured that out. It did not feel like a puzzle and there were no real clues, it was a random item to find by luck. Then trying to cross over to the other side of the river. I had to talk to a little sleeping blob several times before he told me what I needed to know. Again, not really a puzzle but just bashing your head against the wall until it crumbles. And certain walls like that don't crumble. I thought the Eyes of Ganon had something to do with crossing the river. I killed so many fake villagers it wasn't funny. That wasn't the key to crossing. How was I supposed to know to keep trying to wake the blob until it finally spoke. After three times of zzz... I gave up trying to talk to it. Well apparently it had to be prodded 4 or 5 times. It is instances like this that have cut the enjoyment of the game down for me. Give me clues, give me riddles, let me figure out the puzzle. Like the first one did, vague hints about where things were but made sense when you figured it out. Or specifically telling you what to do when you met the right person. But this one seems to have a bit more blundering and luck involved. No one said anything about finding a mirror in town, no it said Midoro Swamp.

I am trying to push these frustrations aside so I can now find my way through Death Mountain and get the hammer. Hopefully I won't run into anymore tasks that aren't explained or hinted at.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

Re: Zelda II

You might like Sega's shameless ripoffs

Zelda 2 = Ax Battler: A Legend of Golden Axe - Sega Game Gear

Zelda 1 = Golden Axe Warrior - Sega Master System
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:30 PM   #3
Regular Poster
77 posts
wolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainswolf_lord_30 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,411, Level: 20 Points: 5,411, Level: 20 Points: 5,411, Level: 20
Level up: 70%
Level up: 70%, 339 Points needed Level up: 70% Level up: 70%

wolf_lord_30

I think I have played Golden Axe Warrior. I believe it was on the Sega Genesis collection on the PS3. That was a few years ago that I last played that and at the time, didn't spend as much playing older games. I haven't played the other one.

I will give them both a shot. Thanks for the suggestions. Sega did make some good ripoffs. Streets of Rage comes to mind.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:37 PM   #4
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Zelda 2 > Zelda 1, fite me.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 08-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #5
New Poster
4 posts
trainer is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Level up: 19%
Level up: 19%, 61 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

trainer

It is one of my favourte game
Old 08-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #6
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 58
Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 1,598 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

ZedIsDead

I think I've said here before that it features the best swordplay on the NES. It's really underrated.
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!