Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 09-24-2015, 11:16 PM   #1
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27
Level up: 63%
Level up: 63%, 339 Points needed Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

KATZ

Show off your gaming rig

Come one come all no rig is too shitty! lets see what you're playing on! (yes im obsessed i got a new computer)

WE REQUIRE A SHRUBBERY!!!!!!......ehemm... i mean SPECs! Any real computer enthusiast wants to know what you're running on weather it be 333mhz celeron or a 4.0ghz i7!

console setups are welcome too!

This be the computer i just aquired for the cost of a grestch guitar

( Click to show/hide )

(note the table its on is glass with a nascar tire as the base which is why it looks funky)

it is a watercooled AMD A8-3870K @3.5ghz (stock is 3.0) 16gb ram, ATi Radeon HD5870 Eyefinity 6 (its old but powerful)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:15 AM   #2
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

Re: Show off your gaming rig

Fire wire~!
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:35 AM   #3
Regular Poster
78 posts
TheChampIsHere has been properly raised to the rank of averageTheChampIsHere has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 316, Level: 4 Points: 316, Level: 4 Points: 316, Level: 4
Level up: 11%
Level up: 11%, 134 Points needed Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TheChampIsHere

( Click to show/hide )

Debating if I should add a 3rd screen to my setup or not

Processor - i5 4690k
GPU - R9 380 Gaming 4G (4GB GDDR5)
Ram - 16GB Kingston Savage
SSD - 128GB
HDD - 2X 1TB
Mouse - Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard - Razer DeathStalker Pro Gaming Keyboard
Xbox 360 controller and of cause my Elgato Game Capture HD
Monitors 2x Asus VX239H 23 inch widescreen (I have a 3rd one still sealed debating if I should use it or not)
Old 01-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #4
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Seahawk

Yep it's a pre-built POS but I still do all my gaming on it. My parents got it for me as a present for graduating high school back in May 2007. It's pretty damn old.
Its time is coming soon, but not quite yet.

The inside is about as lame and crowded as you'd expect from an OEM PC.

CPU:
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
32-bit

GPU:
Nvidia 8600 GTS Power component failure
Nvidia GT 440 POS card from day 1, too loud. Finally got frustrated with it in 2014 and purposefully murdered it with dogecoin mining.
Nvidia GT 640

RAM -
4x1GB of ancient DDR2 memory. Since my computer is 32bit, 1GB of the memory is reserved for hardware stuff, effectively meaning I have only 3GB of RAM. So a lot of the time I'm waiting for stuff to switch in and out of the swap file. Loading times are painful.

PSU -
Maximum 375W. This is an incredibly low power limit, so whenever I've had to swap graphics cards I'd have to do lots of research to get something that can run with this low limit. Unfortunately, the trend these days for graphics cards is "BIGGER AND MORE POWER", the low end is very ignored =(. Personally I think it's a very good reason for consoles to continue to exist, no need to worry about dropping 1k for a decent games machine or parts.

OS -
Windows Vista 32bit. The best UI and file directory structure of any Windows OS, no forced online cloud stuff, no strange "Libraries" directories as added in W7, no stupid services reshuffling from W8. I wish this thinking still existed at Microsoft, but its not happening. Support ends in 2017 so I'll have to get something new before then. Probably W8.1.

Motherboard -
Whatever generic OEM motherboard. It's based on ancient standards like the first generations of SATA and PCI Express........doesn't help loading times in games.

It has a floppy diskette port, I've actually used it before.
I have a sound card in a PCI slot, and a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card in a x1 PCIe slot.

HDD - 2x320GB. No head crashes in the 8 years I've had them, despite writing 100TB to the secondary over its lifetime. This seems miraculous to me having read countless stories of how bad and unreliable HDDs are.

SDD - None. Vista has no idea what those are.

Monitor - 21" 1680x1050 Dell generic. It has terrible support for most resolutions that aren't 1680x1050. 640x480 works perfectly fine for some reason, which is good because JP indie game devs have no idea higher resolutions exist.

Pleb tier wired mouse and a 13 year old PS/2 keyboard. Still works so no reason to replace.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #5
Regular Poster
2,122 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24
Level up: 85%
Level up: 85%, 125 Points needed Level up: 85% Level up: 85%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

TodayIsForgotten

Ok. I'm bored.

CPU: i7 6700k
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8GB
Mobo: Asus z190M plus with CRYORIG Cooler
Vid Card: MSI 970GTX
HDDS/SSD: 500GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 - 2 x 3TB - 2TB - 750GB
Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 4

2015 Yolympics Champs - Team Penis
Old 01-02-2016, 04:46 PM   #6
Donor
597 posts
fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22
Level up: 10%
Level up: 10%, 722 Points needed Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

fungusman

+1 (+1/-0)     

Mine is a little old but plays all the hits,

CPU: Zilog Z80[27] @ 3.58 MHz
Support processors: three Motorola 6801 processors at 1 MHz (memory & I/O, tape, and keyboard control)
Memory: 80 kB RAM, 16 kB video RAM; 32 kB ROM
Secondary storage: Digital Data Pack tape cassette, 256 kB
Graphics: Texas Instruments TMS9928A (a close relative of the TMS9918 in the TI-99/4A)
256 × 192 resolution
Sound: Texas Instruments SN76489AN (a rebranded version of the TMS9919 in the TI-99/4A)
3 voices
white noise

( Click to show/hide )

Comments

nice