Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Old 09-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #1
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kong

Pokemon Go 2016

Pokemon GO

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs"]Discover Pokémon in the Real World with Pokémon GO! - YouTube[/ame]

The only video has fake unrealistic game play but if you are into Pokemon, Geocaching and/or Collecting then this will probably be exciting when it comes out next year.

I had a similar non-pokemon app idea.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #2
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Re: Pokemon Go 2016

I play a game called Ingress, which was developed by the people who are working on this game.

I will probably play it, even though I'm not really into pokemon.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #3
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

Saw this the other day. Looks pretty interesting.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-30-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
Regular Poster
28 posts
Kevo is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1
Level up: 24%
Level up: 24%, 57 Points needed Level up: 24% Level up: 24%

Kevo

I understand technology is "evolving," which is forcing devs to make decisions they are uncomfortable (or unfamiliar) with, but this is kinda weird. I can't judge it too harshly yet, but I will say that I don't see myself catching 'em all in the real world. That much, I know, is not my cup of tea.

However, it's probably for the best. Main series Pokemon games have become so boring to me. We'll get more of the same rehashed stuff with different stories, but Pokemon GO will work together with the next main series games. Some how.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #5
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

DrunkN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
I understand technology is "evolving," which is forcing devs to make decisions they are uncomfortable (or unfamiliar) with, but this is kinda weird. I can't judge it too harshly yet, but I will say that I don't see myself catching 'em all in the real world. That much, I know, is not my cup of tea.

However, it's probably for the best. Main series Pokemon games have become so boring to me. We'll get more of the same rehashed stuff with different stories, but Pokemon GO will work together with the next main series games. Some how.
The developers of Pokemon Go are completely different teams from the developers of the main games. I don't think they will have a big impact on one another.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:49 PM   #6
Regular Poster
28 posts
View Stats

Kevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkN View Post
The developers of Pokemon Go are completely different teams from the developers of the main games. I don't think they will have a big impact on one another.
Niantic, the developers of Ingress, and The Pokemon Company International, are co-developing the game.

When you say you don't think they will "have a big impact on one another," what exactly are you referring to?
Old 10-31-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
5,572 posts
View Stats

DrunkN

Quote:
Niantic, the developers of Ingress, and The Pokemon Company International, are co-developing the game.

When you say you don't think they will "have a big impact on one another," what exactly are you referring to?
Pardon me, I didn't want to come off as invalidating towards you. Re-reading my post, it was kind of crude.

I guess I should reiterate that my belief is that Niantic is doing the actual infrastructure and development of the game while the Pokemon Company is mostly involved to make sure it's intellectual property is represented as they see fit. I didn't, and don't believe the project will have a large bearing on what future Nintendo console based Pokemon games will play like.

Sometimes it is easy for me to forget that my understandings are not absolute truths, however. And my own research into the development is rather limited.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:07 PM   #8
Regular Poster
28 posts
View Stats

Kevo

No worries. I've been following this very closely, and have already written many articles about the new effort. Quoted from one of my articles, which references a quote from GAME FREAK director Junichi Masuda:

“I’m hard at work alongside Niantic to bring out the untapped possibilities of Pokémon, and in order to do so, we’re not limiting ourselves to adhering to the traditional conventions of Pokémon. Of course, at the same time, I’m also thinking up ways that this project might connect with the next entry in the main series Pokémon games.”
Old 10-31-2015, 10:12 PM   #9
5,572 posts
View Stats

DrunkN

Quote:
“I’m hard at work alongside Niantic to bring out the untapped possibilities of Pokémon, and in order to do so, we’re not limiting ourselves to adhering to the traditional conventions of Pokémon. Of course, at the same time, I’m also thinking up ways that this project might connect with the next entry in the main series Pokémon games.”
Well I'll be! I never would have guessed it. Thanks for sharing, definitely have some different expectations now.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareeps View Post
Depressing.
lol
Old 10-31-2015, 10:11 PM   #10
1,757 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Mareeps

Depressing.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:15 PM   #11
Regular Poster
28 posts
View Stats

Kevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareeps View Post
Depressing.
What do you find depressing about it?
Old 07-12-2016, 04:19 AM   #12
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CrispyChicken

This is out by the way. I'm having fun, since it's actually getting me outdoors and I've been going on walks and driving around with family. Representing the underdogs with Team Instinct

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 07-13-2016, 12:29 AM   #13
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

My gawd did it ever boost Nintendo's stocks. I'd give it a try, I'm sure my daughter would love it, but it seems Canada is too bad ass a country for the the wussy Pokemon to wander into. Actually that got me thinking, I wonder if I used some sort of fake region thingy (brain fart, cant think of the technical term) would I be able to find some poke-mans locally? Maybe they have it set up globally but just don't have the app availability.

I see this dying out really quickly Miitomo style, but it also has a hell of a lot of room for expansion. They might have purposefully left out the ability to do battle to allow for a whole new spike as they release the feature, and then trading, evolving... whatever. I'm thinking this is going to be huge in the coming years.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 07-13-2016, 02:23 AM   #14
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
I see this dying out really quickly Miitomo style, but it also has a hell of a lot of room for expansion. They might have purposefully left out the ability to do battle to allow for a whole new spike as they release the feature, and then trading, evolving... whatever. I'm thinking this is going to be huge in the coming years.
I think they have so much room for improvement that they can make this game last a long ass time. They already announced trading will be implemented in an upcoming patch. Evolving Pokemon is already in the game. It's already the top app in the app store and was the fastest app to ever get there. The hype around it has been crazy.

I haven't heard anything about straight up battling other trainers. Right now the only way is to either train against other members of your team if they own a gym, or if you attempt to takeover another team's gym. Would be an awesome feature to be able to battle any time you wanted.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:09 AM   #15
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

Faking your location typically doesn't let you move around which I assume is required to play the game. It would look like you just moved to New York and sat down.

With some effort you could probably make it look like you were teleporting around NY but not walking.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:45 AM   #16
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Faking your location typically doesn't let you move around which I assume is required to play the game. It would look like you just moved to New York and sat down.

With some effort you could probably make it look like you were teleporting around NY but not walking.
I think there was some miscommunication as to what I was suggesting. The suggestion was retarded after further consideration anyway, obviously possesion of the app itself is not the deciding factor on the functionality of the app, witch is what I was suggesting.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 07-16-2016, 12:32 AM   #17
57 posts
cecil is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 7,240, Level: 22 Points: 7,240, Level: 22 Points: 7,240, Level: 22
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 10 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

cecil

well never have played pokemon but I did like the preview for the app, I have watched the cartoons if that counts for anything . the app would not put the pokemon in dangerous spots would it ? like a cliff , skyscraper or traffic or is it like a set grid location?
Old 07-17-2016, 05:03 PM   #18
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil View Post
well never have played pokemon but I did like the preview for the app, I have watched the cartoons if that counts for anything . the app would not put the pokemon in dangerous spots would it ? like a cliff , skyscraper or traffic or is it like a set grid location?
I mean they might be in those places but there are plenty of Pokemon that spawn on sidewalks, parks, etc. The best place to look is parks, beaches, popular city areas or big tourist points, colleges.

---------- Post added 07-17-2016 at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-16-2016 at 01:44 AM ----------

Pokemon GO was released in the UK the other day, and Canada today. Also has been released in Italy, Portugal, Spain, and another 20+ countries in the past few days

Old 07-17-2016, 05:08 PM   #19
57 posts
cecil is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 7,240, Level: 22 Points: 7,240, Level: 22 Points: 7,240, Level: 22
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 10 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

cecil

ok so if they spawn in a dangerous play do you have to capture them, or can you ignore them and go for a different one? and then do they re spawn someplace else later on ?
Old 07-16-2016, 12:40 AM   #20
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

I saw reports of them in traffic, the sky, on private property, in businesses, holocaust memorials, and in isolated spots where muggers wait in hiding with guns.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #21
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Also, you don't have to be right on top of a pokemon to capture it. You can easily capture nearly any pokemon just from the sidewalk, whether they spawn in the road or private property.

The traffic accidents have mostly been an issue of someone looking at their phone instead of traffic while crossing the road and to be honest, if it wasn't Pokemon Go, it'd probably be some other game they were paying attention to on their phone while crossing the road.

I'm sure none of us could count the number of times we've seen someone driving or walking while staring at their phone, even before this game came out. It's just taking the heat because it beat every game within it's first week.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:33 PM   #22
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

I still play this but casually. Fire and ice event out the 15th.