Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: Which fast food is best?
Taco Bell 8 23.53%
Dominoes 1 2.94%
Pizza Hut 1 2.94%
McDonald's 3 8.82%
Burger King 2 5.88%
Wendy's 6 17.65%
A&W 2 5.88%
KFC 2 5.88%
Subway 6 17.65%
Dairy Queen 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

Fast food: What do you like best?

It's bad for you, and most of us are well aware of that fact but don't let that stop us from enjoying the meaty, greasy, sweet and salty taste we've come to love so much.

Let's discuss why we like some fast food and dislike others.
Wendy's Vs. Burger King Vs. McDonald's Vs. Subway Vs. Pizza Hut Vs. Kentucky Fried Chicken ........

An all star - cast in the epic battle of Fast Food.

So, I will start out by saying that of the fast food I've recently had, the most impressive was from A&W
{which used to have an extensive chain of drive - in restaurants here in Vancouver, but are now the same as the other fast food places}

The patty on the burger was enormous compared to what you get at McDonald's, and their chicken strips actually look like something you might make at home.
The only thing I didn't really like was the fries, mainly because they could have been cooked another 30 seconds or so.

How about you guys?

{Please note: poll options being limited to 10, I chose restaurants found commonly in Canada and the US. Sorry if your favorite place didn't make the list, but you can always tell us about it in a post}

Last edited by RU Joe; 05-06-2010 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: additions
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

joz

+1 (+1/-0)     
Re: Fast food: What do you like best?

I prefer mom and pop joints

Comments

Agree 100%
Old 05-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dudebro

I wouldn't call pizza places fast food really. If you have to wait more than ten minutes it's not exactly fast.

I voted Wendys because their food is usually of a higher quality, or so it seems.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

RU Joe

J3000:
Quote:
I prefer mom and pop joints
Tell us about them, which one do you like and what do they serve that keeps you coming back?

It wouldn't have made the list, but there's a place here in Vancouver that makes a Vietnamese Submarine Sandwich that just melts in your mouth.
Then there's Brado's on Commercial that makes some of the best Poutine in town..

OH YEAH.

DB:
Quote:
I wouldn't call pizza places fast food really. If you have to wait more than ten minutes it's not exactly fast.
I agree about the speed of service regarding pizza, but you can call ahead for pick up orders, and there's the ever - popular delivery as well.
Usually when fast food is discussed, pizza gets mentioned, and that's why I put it on the list.
Quote:
I voted Wendys because their food is usually of a higher quality, or so it seems.
WHY do you say this?
Please elaborate on why you like Wendy's.

Last edited by RU Joe; 05-06-2010 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: POUTINE
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

Quote:
WHY do you say this?
Please elaborate on why you like Wendy's.
I say it from personal experience. I love the cheeseburgers at McDonalds(the basic kind) but Wendys burgers are usually more robust and appealing(ever really look at a patty from McDonalds or BK?). I'm sure some people have crappy Wendys where they live but around here it's top of the heap.
Also worth noting is how Wendys has always tried to include healthy food. I remember many years ago they had a salad bar and other options while McDonalds and BK were still proudly cheap and nasty.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RU Joe

DB:
Quote:
ever really look at a patty from McDonalds or BK?
I can't say too much about BK, because the one near me has turned me off of them.
They regularly have fires in their kitchen, and the last time I was there I got the impression that it was just a bunch of kids running the place with no adult supervisors.
I feel sorry for the seemingly hundreds of people who use their drive thru daily.
{who knows if there's any hauk - a - noogies in their burger or fries? I remember that Slim Shady guy's video}

Quote:
I'm sure some people have crappy Wendys where they live but around here it's top of the heap.
I've had both good and bad Wendy's experiences but mostly good.
I was sort of addicted to their chili at one time.

Anyways, I realized that I didn't elaborate on the things I mentioned.
Vietnamese sub:

This one is made traditional style, with different kinds of ham, but I prefer garlic chicken and hot peppers on mine.

Poutine:

thick gravy on well - done fries with cheese curds.
OH MAN is it ever good.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 05-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
Poutine:
This looks like the best food on earth.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
It is, and it's probably the most unhealthy too.
I like wendy's go wraps and their chilli but I cant stand their burgers, I find them the worst of all fast food chains.
Kfc gives me a headeach just thinking about it, probably cause it was my hangover choice for a long time.
I chose subway for my favorite cause the tuna subs kick butt, meatball is good if im in the mood too.
Macdonalds tastes great, by leaves me feeling loagie.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #9
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RU Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
It's really tasty, and VERY bad for you because it's mainly fat and salt.
But it sure does taste good.

I understand there's a misconception that poutine {pronounced poo - tin} is Canada's national food.
How could that be so, when we have people from all over the World here in Vancouver alone?

That's like saying all Americans love Kentucky Fried Chicken or something; how can you say that Everyone eats the same thing?
It's just not true, and I think it's like National birds, or flowers, or trees - who cares?
People eat what they want, and eating the same things gets boring really fast.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 05-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

@JG- I think it's more like how most people claim the favorite food of the US is burgers and fries even though many people don't like them or prefer much more interesting choices. People like to label each other.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #11
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RU Joe

SC:
Quote:
I chose subway for my favorite cause the tuna subs kick butt,
I picture a live tuna flopping around in the bun, slapping people on the face with its tail.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 05-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Slime Slayer

well if you put it up to your face it would, but you'll notice i said "kicks butt".
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
Donor
622 posts
Gamenguru play's well with othersGamenguru play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 631 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

Gamenguru

I voted for Taco Bell. Not because they are necessarily the best (because they probably aren't) but because they are convenient where I live and I go there quite a bit.

I would have voted for Subway, but I have a hard time thinking of any place as fast food that refuses to have a drive-thru. I would definitely go there more often if they did.

Whenever I go out for fast food I am usually in a hurry, so having to get out of my car, go inside, to usually stand in line just so I can then walk along a 30 ft. counter, while telling someone every ingredient I want on my food doesn't really seem like (very) fast food to me. (excuse the run-on sentence)

...And I agree SC. There tuna sub is really good.

Last edited by Gamenguru; 05-06-2010 at 06:41 PM..
Old 05-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #14
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

No Dunkin Donuts? They make great coffee.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #15
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
No Dunkin Donuts? They make great coffee.
Yes they do and they make an awesome Coolatta(however it's spelled). I <3 me some DD coffee and a bagel.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #16
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Yeah but do they serve fast food?
kong on Bronies:

Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #17
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I think so. You can go to the drive through and get many different kinds of sandwiches and other food, besides the obvious doughnuts and coffee.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #18
Donor
622 posts
Gamenguru play's well with othersGamenguru play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 631 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

Gamenguru

+1 (+1/-0)     

Although the doughnuts are still the (real) reason to go there. The other stuff is just there as an excuse to make one feel better about leaving with a cool dozen.

Comments

Old 05-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #19
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I have to disagree. I hardly ever get donuts, I go for the coffee and the food.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #20
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63

Kugyince

Coffee, bagels, muffins, perfect!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #21
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RU Joe

Dunkin Donuts, eh?
I haven't had a donut in a while now because although I love that sort of thing, I am quite sensitive to all that fat.
{especially since it's cool; not like when you have a burger and fries or poutine or something}

I wonder why Dunkin Donuts and not Krispy Kreme?
The idea I got is that KK's donuts are like one of the Wonders of the World or something, going by the general buzz about them.

Here in Vancouver, Tim Horton's seem to rule the donut arena.
Sorry I didn't include the donut places in the poll, but they seem like more of a treat than food.
I guess it's all personal taste and opinion regarding that.
{I'm reminded of the donut hamburger}

Last edited by RU Joe; 05-06-2010 at 08:21 PM..
( Click to show/hide )

Old 05-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #22
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

In my area it's just DD and HoneyDew(they make really good stuff too imo). We had one KK here a couple years ago but it sucked and got replaced by another DD. We have like 7-8 of them in my town nowdays.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #23
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

That's how it is in my neck as well DB. All DD with not a single KK to be found.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #24
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RU Joe

DB:
Quote:
In my area it's just DD and HoneyDew(they make really good stuff too imo). We had one KK here a couple years ago but it sucked and got replaced by another DD. We have like 7-8 of them in my town nowdays.
Tenser:
Quote:
That's how it is in my neck as well DB. All DD with not a single KK to be found.
Well, so much for what I heard about KK's donuts.
And DB, a KK that sucked?
I wouldn't have thought it possible, but I suppose it could be that some people really liked them, and hyped them up to enormous magnitude.

And so ends the ballad of Krispy Kreme.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #25
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

we have a ton of Krispy Kremes but no DDs. how wrong is that?