Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 12-22-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

DrunkN

The Force Awakens

It's good. Anybody else see it?
Old 12-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Re: The Force Awakens

I read just about every detail, but I have yet to see it. Doesn't sound too mind blowing, but still worth the watch from what I gather.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 12-22-2015, 11:14 PM   #3
Regular Poster
605 posts
Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,618, Level: 23 Points: 7,618, Level: 23 Points: 7,618, Level: 23
Level up: 46%
Level up: 46%, 432 Points needed Level up: 46% Level up: 46%

Razeluxe

From what I've heard, it's just a mish mash from the previous movies but with modern effects. Seriously though, the plot seems like complete fan fiction instead of a plot written for an actual movie.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Haven't seen it yet but I feel like I have because of the army of people desperate to spoil it on FB.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:52 AM   #5
1,757 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Mareeps

It was alright, but it borrowed heavily from A New Hope.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #6
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

Not sure what to say about it.
Star Wars became increasingly meh to me from Episode 1 onward, and despite the new FX being spectacular ...

The Star Wars Holiday Special was really cool though.

Last edited by RU Joe; 12-23-2015 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: Happy Light Day~!
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #7
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Reads like sour grapes in here. I'm not a Star Wars fan but every fan I know says its one of if not the best Star Wars movie.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #8
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugyince View Post
Reads like sour grapes in here.
In my defense I'm not commenting on the movie at all and I'm hyped to see it. I'm just annoyed with the campaign to spoil the movie. I'm sure it's an organized thing from a chan or reddit or something though.

Quote:
every fan I know says its one of if not the best Star Wars movie.
I'm seeing nearly universal praise too. The only people that seem to bash it are die hards who cannot let go of their nostalgia and people who hate JJ Abrams for his lens flare filming and/or "ruining" Star Trek.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:10 PM   #9
On Vacation
Donor
Game Mod
Administrator
734 posts
krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,301, Level: 25 Points: 9,301, Level: 25 Points: 9,301, Level: 25
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 449 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

krehztim

I'd call myself a die hard fan. I was 6 when A New Hope came out, and I grew up a Star Wars kid. Like most, I'm not a fan of the newer trilogy, though I can stomach watching them here and there. This movie definitely borrows from A New Hope - that's probably my only complaint - a little too much. Visually, I loved it. I thought the scripting was well done - not much of the cringe-worthy dialogue Lucas sometimes wrote. Casting was well-done, too. The pace of the movie I thought was really good as well. Part of it is probably that I saw the first showing Thursday night, and the whole theater was really into it - lots of yelling, cheering, etc. Not a perfect movie, but making a perfect Star Wars sequel/prequel is impossible anyway. I thought it was definitely better than Ep 1-3, and for my money, probably better than Jedi.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:48 PM   #10
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

DrunkN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeluxe View Post
Seriously though, the plot seems like complete fan fiction instead of a plot written for an actual movie.
I thought about this too, going in. I think the performances by the original actors (which were surprisingly good, considering Harrison Ford has been asleep for his recent roles and Carrie Fisher is usually not great anyways) helped solidify it as real Star Wars though.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:40 PM   #11
1,757 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Mareeps

Episode 2 was the worst one, I fell asleep in the theater when it came out.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:56 PM   #12
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Universal praise? I've seen very little of that, what I've seen is essentially summed in my post above. I might like it, everyone talks trash about the prequels, but I really liked at least one of them, the battle between obi wan and anikan in the lava area was freakin awesome.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 12-23-2015, 09:03 PM   #13
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
but I really liked at least one of them, the battle between obi wan and anikan in the lava area was freakin awesome.
It's over Anakin, I have the high ground!

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 12-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #14
5,572 posts
View Stats

DrunkN

Quote:
the battle between obi wan and anikan in the lava area was freakin awesome.
From my point of view the Jedi are evil!
Old 12-24-2015, 02:10 AM   #15
1,757 posts
View Stats

Mareeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyChicken View Post
It's over Anakin, I have the high ground!
Funfact, the only time Obi-Wan was in a fight and didnt have the high ground, he died. He's the only Jedi to have mastered the high ground.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:42 AM   #16
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

You were the chosen one!

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Actually, thinking back it wasn't even the fight that was awesome, it was the next sequence:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c6bEs3dxjPg
Seeing Vaders first appearance sent chills down my spine.
kong on Bronies:

Old 12-24-2015, 08:25 AM   #17
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Best fight in the prequels-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHw0wzDCpg"]Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan Vs. Darth Maul - The Phantom Menace - YouTube[/ame]
Old 12-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #18
5,572 posts
View Stats

DrunkN

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Best fight in the prequels
You old men are coo coo. The prequel fights are more like weird dance numbers with no tension.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw"]The (Totally) Phantom Menace - YouTube[/ame]

Comments

that is a pretty funny video
Old 12-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #19
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

It's better than the originals. Darth Vader can barely lift his arms above his waist and Obi Wan just gives up and dies when he sees Luke, because he wants to put him in even greater danger from Vader apparently. The prequel stuff was over the top and far from perfect but at least they were exciting and creative.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #20
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

DB, you mentioned that certain people on FB seem determined to post spoilers.
One guy got way too angry about it:

Montana man charged with threatening to shoot over Star Wars spoiler

I guess he didn't consider simply not reading what people post about it until he'd gone to see the show himself.
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #21
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Okay, I wasn't sure if DN and CP were making fun of me or not. I chose wrong.
kong on Bronies:

Old 12-24-2015, 08:28 PM   #22
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

i got spoiled of the movie, but it's fine i still want to see it anyways.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #23
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
I guess he didn't consider simply not reading what people post about it until he'd gone to see the show himself.
I'm not condoning getting violent over spoilers but this is not normal spoiler trolls. What I've seen is more like a coordinated troll army. Every big news story I clicked on had spoilers peppered throughout the comment sections. FB has a system where it shows the comment and then you have to expand to see replies. Most of them would have one or two posts that are just unavoidable image captures. So you'd click to see the huge and highly rated conversation and BAM spoiler in your face. I checked a few of the accounts and they all looked new and very normal. They differ from usual FB troll accounts that try to lure you in with sex or a weird name/profile pic.

It was funny to see the rage replies though. Some people do get really upset over spoilers, especially character deaths. The way I see it I'm gonna find out either way so why wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven
I chose wrong.
Liking the prequels and that fight specifically isn't a popular opinion. I liked the prequels somewhat but there's a lot to hate about them. That final fight wasn't all bad but Anakins lines were really cringey and the way he got cut down was lame. It's no lamer than Darth Mauls death but Anakin is supposed to be this uber fighter and he pulls that shit on someone he's fought alongside for years? People say he was enraged and not thinking but come on he beat Dooku, who is a saber master trained by Yoda, when he was all mad. It just didn't work for me at all. Vader deserved better.

Now that I think about it maybe that's why Obi Wan just gives up when he fights Vader later. He even smirked at him right before he did it.

Last edited by Dudebro; 12-24-2015 at 10:18 PM..
Old 12-25-2015, 12:19 AM   #24
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46
Level up: 7%
Level up: 7%, 1,406 Points needed Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

CatalystiCam

I liked it a lot. I managed to stay completely unaware and spoiler-free of everything.

Didn't seem fan-fictiony. Seemed like new ideas were used, yes, but utilized correctly. This is probably one of my favourites in the series. That said it did feel like a lot of fan service at times, but I can easily get over that. I wouldn't necessarily even shed a bad light on that fact.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:16 AM   #25
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

Quote:
Okay, I wasn't sure if DN and CP were making fun of me or not. I chose wrong.
I'm just poking fun at the writing. I'm in the minority in that I think Star Wars is overrated and that 5 of the 6 movies are average movies. Episode 5 is the exception, I think that's easily the best of the 6 and a great movie.

The writing/acting is so inconsistent, especially in the third. Hayden Christensen did an awful job as Anakin imo, his worst line being the "I hate you! " he gives Obi Wan at the end of Ep 3. Obi Wan's "It's over Anakin. I have the high ground!", etc. A lot of the fights are really uncoordinated and look so wacky (Obi Wan vs Darth Vader, the Darth Maul fight, Grievous fight).

Although I didn't like most of the cast for 1-3, Ewan McGregor (did a good job despite the bad writing), Liam Neeson, and Samuel L. Jackson were positives imo. I also really liked Darth Maul's character and was disappointed he died.

That being said, I shit bricks when I saw General Grievous on the screen for the first time because he looked so badass. But they he fought Obi Wan and was a pushover and I got sad again. Still though, he looked cool as fuck.

I haven't seen The Force Awakens (and already got the main things spoiled ) but I do plan on seeing it eventually. I too heard it was a lot like Episode 4.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."