Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #26
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Anime Recommendation

I think he meant that the plot was so complex / detailed that missing any part of it meant you were lost for the rest of the show. No need to insult him.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #27
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
A plot that has depth? Something you must watch all of to understand?
Those bastards making things that require thought to be enjoyed, I hope they all die.

Not really, I liked Ghost in the Shell okay, and I tend to enjoy things with deeper, more intricate plots that require thinking to follow and understand.
I don't really remember the first series, but I've been watching Second Gig on [as] and it plays rather late.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #28
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I think he meant that the plot was so complex / detailed that missing any part of it meant you were lost for the rest of the show. No need to insult him.
I didn't mean to insult him, I was just stating that it's nice to have an anime that has a good plot.

Sorry if I was being rude.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #29
Smittycal's Avatar
 
Smittycal

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Thanks guys. Im going to watch Death Note some time this week and then Cowboy Bebop most likely when I'm done with that. If InuYasha is as good as some people say, I may watch it.

Anything about Zatch Bell?

Also, what is Black Lagoon about?
Black Lagoon is about a dude who gets kidnappe by pirates called Black Lagoon because of some big secret that the company he works for is trying to cover up.

He ends up seeing that the company is corrupt and ends up staying with his kidnappers and joins the crew. After all that he starts going on adventures with them...which are crazy lol

its a pretty good show and theres lots of jiggling and shooting.

Another series I would recommend is Lupin the Third.

Its an older series but its still one of the best and funniest anime series of all time IMO
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
http://www.scuffletown.org/wp-content/image/neverends1.gif
Old 12-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #30
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I think he meant that the plot was so complex / detailed that missing any part of it meant you were lost for the rest of the show. No need to insult him.
What are you trying to say here DB?

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittycal View Post
Another series I would recommend is Lupin the Third.

Its an older series but its still one of the best and funniest anime series of all time IMO
I agree, the very best of everything comes from the 70s. Carpeting especially.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #31
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Anime Recommendation

Adult films?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #32
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
What are you trying to say here DB?
Nothing really. I just though his tone was condescending for no reason and I was sticking up for you. What did you think I was trying to say?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #33
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Nothing really. I just though his tone was condescending for no reason and I was sticking up for you. What did you think I was trying to say?
Come now, you won't escape the fact that you assumed that I assumed that I was insulted.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #34
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Anime Recommendation

Actually, you actually being insulted didn't even factor into it. As you know I'm a helper, I see injustice and I act. You're just collateral damage in this battle.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #35
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Actually, you actually being insulted didn't even factor into it. As you know I'm a helper white knight, I see injustice and I act. You're just collateral damage in this battle.
Fixed that for you.

Last edited by Dudebro; 12-15-2010 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: removed a word
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #36
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Actually, you actually being insulted didn't even factor into it. As you know I'm a helper, I see injustice and I act. You're just collateral damage in this battle.
Ah whatever. I'd do better at creating living creatures than making you feel guilty.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #37
StarfoxFan2009's Avatar
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009
 
StarfoxFan2009

Re: Anime Recommendation

I also recommend for now that i think about it, i also highly recommend Outlaw Star and Code Geass
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:38 AM   #38
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Actually, you actually being insulted didn't even factor into it. As you know I'm a helper, I see injustice and I act. You're just collateral damage in this battle.
Actually, you actually?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2010, 03:42 AM   #39
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Anime Recommendation

SFF, is Code Geass the Anime put out by Pizza Hut (sorry no question mark; my keyboard is acting up tonight)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:45 AM   #40
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Actually, you actually?
Yup, it was intentional.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #41
joz's Avatar
 
joz

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxFan2009 View Post
I also recommend for now that i think about it, i also highly recommend Outlaw Star and Code Geass

arrrg! I totally forgot about Outlaw Star! That one is awesome
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #42
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: Anime Recommendation

What are Code Geass and Outlaw Star about? Similar to Cowboy Bebop?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #43
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Anime Recommendation

I probably already said this, but I recommend Samurai Champloo. It is a really good anime.

I don't know what Outlaw Star is about.

Code Geass is nothing like Cowboy Bebop. It is about a terrorist fighting against his home country, in hopes of giving the land of the colony he is located on, back to it's old government. It is much more complicated, but there are Jedi mind tricks and giant robots and double agents and stuff.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #44
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: Anime Recommendation

Samurai Champloo, Code Geass, and Outlaw Star all look like pretty good animes from what I read about them. Im thinking of watching Cowboy Bebop after Death Note and then Ill go on from there.

Alright, I'm about the attempt Death Note episode one...in subs!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 12-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #45
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Anime Recommendation

Death Note is great through the first half.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #46
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Death Note is great through the first half.
The original plan I believe was to end the anime series at the graveyard, would have worked better for me.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #47
Smittycal's Avatar
 
Smittycal

Re: Anime Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Samurai Champloo, Code Geass, and Outlaw Star all look like pretty good animes from what I read about them. Im thinking of watching Cowboy Bebop after Death Note and then Ill go on from there.

Alright, I'm about the attempt Death Note episode one...in subs!
Do it!

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Death Note is great through the first half.
Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
The original plan I believe was to end the anime series at the graveyard, would have worked better for me.
Thats what I heard...the jumped the shark when they
( Click to show/hide )
blah blah blah blah blah
When that happened it wasnt really good again until the end.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
http://www.scuffletown.org/wp-content/image/neverends1.gif
Old 12-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #48
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Anime Recommendation

Reminds me of the original Evangelion where you were better off just skipping the last two episodes.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #49
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: Anime Recommendation

I already watched episode one but thats all I watched. I plan to watch a lot more episodes tomorrow Subs isnt all that bad especially since I'm on the iTouch watching it and the screen is smaller so I can see read the subs w/o missing much going on screen. Ryuk is awesome XD
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 12-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #50
fenrir1887's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
fenrir1887

Re: Anime Recommendation

There is always Fairy Tail, a relatively new one. I would recommend Trinity Blood.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
AWOOO!
The Wolf is on the prowl!
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anime girl of the day Tails 2 Girls 1 Anime 6 06-01-2012 03:49 AM
Anime you're currently watching? Tails 2 Girls 1 Anime 87 08-28-2011 01:13 AM
2 Girls 1 Anime Kugyince Chat 3 11-20-2009 04:51 PM
F-Zero Anime SSBBrawler Chat 3 02-22-2009 06:04 PM
Game recommendation request Kong All Other Games 4 04-09-2007 10:12 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS