Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Team Contests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 07:47 AM   #26
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Team: Capture the Flag I

Raiden X crashed my browser on level 4. Anyone else have a similar problem?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:12 AM   #27
BRODYMAN's Avatar
 
BRODYMAN

Team: Capture the Flag I

Space Knight games are:

1) TV Game Show
2) Ultimate Football
3) Japanese Baseball
4) Cell-Out
5) 3D Tetris
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Kart: 2449-5237-1294
Old 01-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #28
Tekkaman's Avatar
Regular Poster
210 posts
Tekkaman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to Tekkaman
 
Tekkaman

Team: Capture the Flag I

Ten minutes left to finalize the lists, teams!

Once that's over, are we full-tilt into the flag capturing? Do we have to get a "Ready, Set, Go" from Kong, or what?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
&quot;Wait a second!&nbsp; I know that monkey.&nbsp; His name is Donkey.&quot;<br />&quot;Monkeys aren't donkeys!&nbsp; Quit messing with my head!&quot;<br />
Old 01-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #29
BRODYMAN's Avatar
 
BRODYMAN

Team: Capture the Flag I

yes in ten minutes - from your post - we should be a "go" on the finalized list.

I believe we can start capturing flags right now though.

We have until 11:17 gmt-5 on Monday Jan 22 to collect flags, right?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Kart: 2449-5237-1294
Old 01-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #30
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Team: Capture the Flag I

You can go as soon as the games are listed. You can not change your games unless someone vetoes them because they predict a bunch of ties.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #31
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Team: Capture the Flag I

Can we have either a thread or have the first post edited with the lists?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #32
Tekkaman's Avatar
Regular Poster
210 posts
Tekkaman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to Tekkaman
 
Tekkaman

Team: Capture the Flag I

At least for now, here's the full list for all three teams here:

Dungeons & Drag Queens games are:
1) Curveball
2) Equilibrium
3) Plops
4) Raiden X
5) Springfield Snow Fight

River City games are:
1) BMX Park
2) Run'n Gun
3) Alchemy
4) BMX Tricks
5) My House is Bigger Than Your House

Space Knights
games are:
1) TV Game Show
2) Ultimate Football
3) Japanese Baseball
4) Cell-Out
5) 3D Tetris
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
&quot;Wait a second!&nbsp; I know that monkey.&nbsp; His name is Donkey.&quot;<br />&quot;Monkeys aren't donkeys!&nbsp; Quit messing with my head!&quot;<br />
Old 01-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #33
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Team: Capture the Flag I

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Japanese Baseball have a perfect score?

Also I think you should leave Springfield Snow Fight as the original setting because that's why jeckel chose it. He wont be on until Friday to dispute this himself.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #34
BRODYMAN's Avatar
 
BRODYMAN

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Japanese Baseball have a perfect score?

Also I think you should leave Springfield Snow Fight as the original setting because that's why jeckel chose it. He wont be on until Friday to dispute this himself.
Yes. 10 balls x 600 pt max per ball (professional HR) = 6000pts.

Setting has already been changed and I think the old scores were already erased. However I have no problem with it being switched back, but I'd rather it reset again now, than on friday when we hear from jeckel22.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Kart: 2449-5237-1294
Old 01-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #35
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRODYMAN View Post
Yes. 10 balls x 600 pt max per ball (professional HR) = 6000pts.

Setting has already been changed and I think the old scores were already erased. However I have no problem with it being switched back, but I'd rather it reset again now, than on friday when we hear from jeckel22.
So now what do we do about Japanese Baseball since it violates the rules but the contest has already started?

A) Space Knights get an advantage by naming a new game post submission date.
B) Leave it as it is even though it violates the rules.
C) Space Knights get a disadvantage by losing it as a flag for violating the rules.
D) Other.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 01:49 PM   #36
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Team: Capture the Flag I

I think the new Snow Fight scoring system is much more logical. I do not think it changes the skills needed to play the game and I do no think it will change the odds or out come of the game. If DDq wants to substitute a new game they can but they must do so very fast.

The spirit of the veto rule is to prevent ties.

We will go with option A or B from Tenser's list above. River City and DDq get to decide if it is A or B.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #37
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Team: Capture the Flag I

I would, as the Contest Mod, give Sabby the benefit of a doubt.It boils down to a simple question for me.

Sabby, did you know that Japanese Baseball had a perfect score?

If he did, then Star Knights should lose the flag. If he didn't, it was a honest mistake and we should play it as it is. I trust Sabby to tell the truth, after all its just a bunch of video games.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 02:13 PM   #38
BRODYMAN's Avatar
 
BRODYMAN

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
If he did, then Star Knights should lose the flag.
This isn't A or B from above. Whether or not Sabby knew, I did. The scores just vary so much, and the perfect score is so improbable, that I didn't take the max score into consideration in this.

Do what you will.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Kart: 2449-5237-1294
Old 01-22-2007, 02:14 PM   #39
BRODYMAN's Avatar
 
BRODYMAN

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
If he did, then Star Knights should lose the flag.
This isn't A or B from above.

Whether or not Sabby knew, I did. The scores just vary so much, and the perfect score is so improbable, that I didn't take the max score into consideration in this. Avoiding max scores was to avoid ties. I still don't see a tie being likely here.

Do what you will.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Kart: 2449-5237-1294
Old 01-22-2007, 02:15 PM   #40
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Team: Capture the Flag I

I did realize it had a max score, but I would be willing to give someone that obtains it during the contest ALL of my points and a rep point a week for a month if you get it. If you take a flag away from us, doesn't that give us an advantage, we only have to defend four flags, and give us more concentration on opposing flags? It's your guys' call.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #41
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Team: Capture the Flag I

I played the game, and I don't see anyone even touching the perfect score.

It would de a disadvantage if we took the flag away, because then you would start with one less point than everyone else.

I say we leave it as is. The veto is supposed to prevent ties, and I don't think it is an issue with this game.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:39 PM   #42
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRODYMAN View Post
This isn't A or B from above.
When I posted I had either skipped that part of Kong's post or he went back and edited it. Personally I prefer that it stays as Japanese Baseball is one of the two games I have the best chance of stealing. Let Kraemer and Hobbes and Kong decide on it.

As far as Kong be thankful for me choosing Equilibrium. I think its your turn to underestimate me old chap. I just quadrupled my high score, got bored and killed my four lives I had so I could submit my score. When I get some patience and the boy goes to sleep, one of these nights I'll put up a nice 30,000+ score for you.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #43
Hobbes's Avatar
Regular Poster
470 posts
Hobbes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to Hobbes
 
Hobbes

Team: Capture the Flag I

Perfect score is obtainable, but highly unlikely.
I say it stays, if you score a perfect then you can have the flag.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #44
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Team: Capture the Flag I

Like I said, I understand where you all are coming from, this topic was discussed in our team. The reason we placed it in there was that the high score is very unlikely, possible, but highly unlikely and there is a varying in the scores possible. Hobbes, I'm with you, you can have the flag (and those things I offered) if you get the max score during the contest.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #45
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Team: Capture the Flag I

I don't care about that. We had the same discussion in our group about Gyroball, a game Tom thought he would be great at. Even though he said a perfect score would be extremely rare, we decided not to go with it.

Like I said, I prefer Jap Baseball to be in. That, My House, and Cell Out have my name all over them.

P.S. It's cute watching you boys put up scores like 3 and 5 million in Raiden X. A friendly tip, don't bother wasting your time.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #46
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Team: Capture the Flag I

Let's keep all the games. It is too late to substitute now.

I'm waiting for some real high scores to go up so I know what I have to beat. I hope this doesn't end with a mad rush to put real scores up on Sunday. That would be hectic.

I would have liked to see gyroball in here. Oh well.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #47
thebird1003's Avatar
Regular Poster
387 posts
thebird1003 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to thebird1003
 
thebird1003

Team: Capture the Flag I

Kong when does the costest end on Sunday or Monday?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by count100
i like the fact that you have what looks like a unbeatable score trophy
+ =<br />WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #48
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Team: Capture the Flag I

Monday, 11:18 am EST
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #49
thebird1003's Avatar
Regular Poster
387 posts
thebird1003 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to thebird1003
 
thebird1003

Team: Capture the Flag I

Ok, thank you Ten. You even posted it in my time zone that's verry nice.:mrgreen:
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by count100
i like the fact that you have what looks like a unbeatable score trophy
+ =<br />WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #50
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Team: Capture the Flag I

End of day 1.
The score is
River City - 7
Space Knights - 6
Dungeon & Dragqueens - 2
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS