Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Closed Contests Completed/Closed/Finished/Game Over/Archive of Expired Contests
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Closed Contests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #151
TNTisKING's Avatar
Regular Poster
451 posts
TNTisKING is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
TNTisKING

Re: Game of the Week

There are so many games out there that are just like this
I hate them all!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #152
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Game of the Week

you may hate it but finaly a game of the week i can play at work

and a side note on these games of the week do you have to beat the current high score or does Kong look for the scores during the game of the week time (i know newbie question let the mocking begin)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 02-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #153
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Game of the Week

No, that's a good question. He takes the top 10 scores at the time of the end of the week. It does not matter how long they have been there. So, if you have a score that has been there for over six months and it remains there, cha-ching, more points for you.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #154
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Game of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
No, that's a good question. He takes the top 10 scores at the time of the end of the week. It does not matter how long they have been there. So, if you have a score that has been there for over six months and it remains there, cha-ching, more points for you.
thanks sabby +1 rep for mister know it all =) <= thats a complement
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 02-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #155
Tagen's Avatar
Regular Poster
238 posts
Tagen is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Tagen

Re: Game of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTisKING
There are so many games out there that are just like this
I hate them all!
Me too.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #156
Hobbes's Avatar
Regular Poster
470 posts
Hobbes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to Hobbes
 
Hobbes

Re: Game of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTisKING
There are so many games out there that are just like this
I hate them all!
Me too.
+3
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #157
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Game of the Week

Smaug's Treasure
First - xeC1337 - 2400 points
Second - buccaneeerbrian - 2100 points

This week's game:

Back to the Future
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #158
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Game of the Week

a game i might be able to win ;D
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #159
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Game of the Week

gah i suck at that ><


i hope theres a Double Dragon next week ^_^
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 02-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #160
Hobbes's Avatar
Regular Poster
470 posts
Hobbes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to Hobbes
 
Hobbes

Re: Game of the Week

Such a crappy game. I had the high score for the longest time, my screen shot was at the end of the game.

Good luck to all.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #161
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Game of the Week

hobbs you good at alot of games i can never beat one of your scores but i could not get past lues cafe in that games
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 02-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #162
Hobbes's Avatar
Regular Poster
470 posts
Hobbes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to Hobbes
 
Hobbes

Re: Game of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
hobbs you good at alot of games i can never beat one of your scores but i could not get past lues cafe in that games
Thanks. Most of my scores are games I really like, and played a lot as a kid. (I only have NES and a few Flash games) I will also "protect" them if they are taken, and now most of them are games you cannot farm in, so I can keep them. If you want to see a good one check out alchemy.

Back to the Future was a game that a friend of mine had, so I played it back in the game, and it's as bad on here as it was on the NES.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #163
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Game of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
hobbs you good at alot of games i can never beat one of your scores but i could not get past lues cafe in that games
Thanks. Most of my scores are games I really like, and played a lot as a kid. (I only have NES and a few Flash games) I will also "protect" them if they are taken, and now most of them are games you cannot farm in, so I can keep them. If you want to see a good one check out alchemy.

Back to the Future was a game that a friend of mine had, so I played it back in the game, and it's as bad on here as it was on the NES.
same with me and sega/nes the ones i have ive played before.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 02-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #164
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Game of the Week

well hobbes when i get my better internet at home im going to take some of your .... well try really hard and we will see what happens but you can keep alchemy ive tried that done that and suck at it so that one is your for as long as you like
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 02-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #165
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Game of the Week

Back to the Future
First oasis - 1300 points
Second Culex - 1000 points
Third msbailey04 - 900 points
Fourth Hobbes - 800 points
Fifth TailsMegamanX - 500 points
Sixth Bumpeig - 400 points
SeventhSudsy - 300 points

This week's game:

Ninja Gaiden for SMS


Tagen requested this game and I will be playing this week. This game was a childhood favorite.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #166
Hobbes's Avatar
Regular Poster
470 posts
Hobbes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to Hobbes
 
Hobbes

Re: Game of the Week

Wow that's really different than the NES version.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:45 PM   #167
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Game of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Ninja Gaiden for SMS... This game was a childhood favorite.
I don't know how I made this mistake. I guess I need more sleep. I was totally thinking of Shinobi. This is a good game too but I never played it when I was a kid.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:53 AM   #168
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Game of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Ninja Gaiden for SMS... This game was a childhood favorite.
I don't know how I made this mistake. I guess I need more sleep. I was totally thinking of Shinobi. This is a good game too but I never played it when I was a kid.


^ blonde moment, eh Kong? xP

I myself never played this series, i played Mario and all of that.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 02-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #169
DarknessMush0323's Avatar
Regular Poster
103 posts
DarknessMush0323 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to DarknessMush0323 Send a message via MSN to DarknessMush0323 Send a message via Yahoo to DarknessMush0323
 
DarknessMush0323

Re: Game of the Week

Neither have I. I have not played that series at all. The only series I played was The Mario Series The Zelda Series the Sonic Series and the Mega Man Series.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:54 AM   #170
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Game of the Week

Kong, what happened to the game menu banner where it says the current game of the week... its gone
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 02-21-2008, 03:02 AM   #171
rambo's Avatar
Regular Poster
124 posts
rambo is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
rambo

Re: Game of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsMegamanX
Kong, what happened to the game menu banner where it says the current game of the week... its gone
i had the same question
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:08 AM   #172
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Game of the Week

You may have noticed that last week the site was getting slow and timing out lots. That is because the traffic was going up and the server was not keeping up.

That top banner that had statistics and the game of the week was not created very efficiently and was quite hard on the server to recreate every time a page was loaded. So I removed it. Since then there hasn't been issues with pages timing out.

I will make a similar feature that is easier on the server around April. In the mean time the most of the information that was removed can be found by clicking "Open System Menu" at the top of any page and bookmarking the "Game Of The Week" page each Monday.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #173
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Game of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
You may have noticed that last week the site was getting slow and timing out lots. That is because the traffic was going up and the server was not keeping up.

That top banner that had statistics and the game of the week was not created very efficiently and was quite hard on the server to recreate every time a page was loaded. So I removed it. Since then there hasn't been issues with pages timing out.

I will make a similar feature that is easier on the server around April. In the mean time the most of the information that was removed can be found by clicking "Open System Menu" at the top of any page and bookmarking the "Game Of The Week" page each Monday.
well i had timing out pages last night without that.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 02-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #174
rambo's Avatar
Regular Poster
124 posts
rambo is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
rambo

Re: Game of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
You may have noticed that last week the site was getting slow and timing out lots. That is because the traffic was going up and the server was not keeping up.

That top banner that had statistics and the game of the week was not created very efficiently and was quite hard on the server to recreate every time a page was loaded. So I removed it. Since then there hasn't been issues with pages timing out.

I will make a similar feature that is easier on the server around April. In the mean time the most of the information that was removed can be found by clicking "Open System Menu" at the top of any page and bookmarking the "Game Of The Week" page each Monday.
i dont like this. and i cant see the forum topics in the home page. i dont like it.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #175
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Game of the Week

@rambo: It will be fixed in a couple months.

Ninja Gaiden
First - TailsMegamanX - 2100 points
Second - rambo - 1900 points
Third - Kong - 800 points
Fourth - Tagen - 700 points

This weeks game:

Double Dragon II - The Revenge


This game was requested by TailsMegamanX.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Game of the week Kugyince Closed Contests 8 02-19-2007 05:24 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS