Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #101
Regular Poster
202 posts
danielpbone@yahoo.com play's well with othersdanielpbone@yahoo.com play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,075, Level: 13 Points: 2,075, Level: 13 Points: 2,075, Level: 13
Level up: 17%
Level up: 17%, 375 Points needed Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

danielpbone@yahoo.com

Re: Daniel P Bone Questions

Do you know exactly what causes Game Loading Error here, or can you list what different things that's done on a computer that causes Game Loading Error here?
Old 09-02-2012, 03:32 AM   #102
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
1,123 posts
RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 32
Points: 15,883, Level: 32 Points: 15,883, Level: 32 Points: 15,883, Level: 32
Level up: 40%
Level up: 40%, 667 Points needed Level up: 40% Level up: 40%

RevJ

Hi Daniel,

I'm not sure what causes that message. I don't think there is much you or I can do about it, other than wait.

If you get a "Game Loading Error" I suggest wait a couple of hours and try again, or leave it until the next day and try again.

Cheers, RevJ
Old 09-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #103
Regular Poster
202 posts
danielpbone@yahoo.com play's well with othersdanielpbone@yahoo.com play's well with others
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

When I play the Coin-op Centipede, and that I would like that game to go (little) faster, I pushed 'F10' and it goes too fast; is 'F10' the throttle key control for this game?
Is there another (speed) key control I can use on coin-op centipede game to set it to like many different game speed to choose from. As I will like it to just go about 40% faster than the normal speed, but not more than twice as fast?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #104
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

First question. Yes.
Second question. No.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #105
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

I tried "FunAdvice Website" & it does have an image loading function, but there might be several or many steps to go through to try asking for an image/photo that I want. I think this just might be possible, so it's not simple; seems kind of difficult for that. I may tell you what things you have to go through in order to get the picture that I want from that if you would like to know.
Do you have any opionion on what kind of website should I try, that will help with art, or maybe what question should I type into one of Answer Websites; can you give me any other suggestions about what website, or what question to try typing in to which answer website?

Last edited by danielpbone@yahoo.com; 09-03-2012 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: Other sentence perfection.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #106
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

Sorry, we can't help you with other websites.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #107
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

On Coin-op Total Carnage game, I "Tab" to "Input (This Game)", and I didn't see which key to drop a bomb, but just the 4 keys to move & the other 4 keys to shoot, are all the keys I see that I can use.
What key do I have to use to drop a bomb (on this game)?
I don't know if I just have to wait till I get the automatic bomb to use that.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #108
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

To drop a bomb press the start button, Enter.

This game used two joysticks. It is easier to play if you have a controller with dual sticks.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #109
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

On Coin-op game Snap Jack, I'm not able to set any key control for Button 1 or 2 for player 1; But I got key control set on Button 1 or 2 for player 2, but I didn't see it do anything with that when I tried it.
From Button 1 or 2, one of button for jumping, and what does the other button supposed to do?
Old 09-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #110
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 15,929, Level: 32 Points: 15,929, Level: 32 Points: 15,929, Level: 32
Level up: 44%
Level up: 44%, 621 Points needed Level up: 44% Level up: 44%

elrod21

There is no button control on Snap Jack. Just the joystick. When you get to the jumping point it automatically does it for you.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #111
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

I'm not very good at drawing some of these games, then see if there's someone here who can tell me how to draw that, or I will draw it the way I think will look good, or work on many (game) drawings at once, then I load it.
I will draw you these other video/arcade games, but all these will be in new version; then I will like a comment of how interesting this game would be by looking at the picture & game guide/table, & how would you like it better in new version of this game-(that I will draw) than in the regular version of this game-(that you have here):
Missile Command, Millipede, Frenzy, A Target Shooting Game, Pick-select-drop type game, Video board game (on checker board), Pac-Man, Q-bert, Columns & Tempest.
Should I put more details of what other things and features I will put to each of these games that I'm gonna draw?
Do you want to pick which one to see next or do I will pick to draw next?
Will it be okay if I load many (game) drawings at once?

---------- Post added 09-09-2012 at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-07-2012 at 08:28 AM ----------

I see that it says from down below that I currently have 1 member & 1 guest, how do I get more members and guests?
And how often do they check and look at my replies here?

---------- Post added 09-11-2012 at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-09-2012 at 06:28 AM ----------

Where or what (computer) store do I will get a controller with duel sticks, maybe a computer store, or Best Buy?
Do you know how much it is when I see that controller at the computer store?
Does that controller have the same plug as a mouse that you/I hook up to the keyboard?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #112
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27
Level up: 63%
Level up: 63%, 339 Points needed Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

KATZ

the best controller i suggest is the wired xbox 360 controller, its the one i use on my computer, i dont think any local stores will sell it since wireless is what everyone wants now but you'll be able to find it on amazon

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wired-Controller/dp/B000B6MLTQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347365598&sr=8-3&keywords=wired+xbox+360+controller]Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Wired Controller: Video Games[/ame]
Old 09-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #113
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

Do you have any opionion on: they/I don't have to spend any quarters when playing Arcade games on Retro Uprising, and on that, there's many more Arcade games here that what they don't have at some Arcade places. Does it may depend on what games you have here?

Option: Play these games as many times as I like, and how much it saves when I just play these games here?

---------- Post added 09-13-2012 at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-11-2012 at 06:28 PM ----------

You haven't answered my other question about what games to pickout from the list I typed-out from the above; and about the members and guests.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

What Coin-op games doesn't the Retro Uprising have that what other (new) Coin-op that they have out there at the other Arcade place now?
Old 09-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #114
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

The members and guests information is telling you who is currently looking at this topic. There is no way to change that number directly it just keeps track of activity.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #115
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

When I get lesser response after I typed and enter in my replies here, & is that when they're very busy playing their old video games here/there?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #116
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

Can you note this to Kong that I would like an answer from them about choosing a video game for me to draw & load it here. I didn't upload another video game picture here since I didn't get any response from what video game text that I had typed out.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

That who's currently looking at the Topic here - (1 members and 0 guests), will that be only me looking at it, as am I the only member who is looking at this Topic now?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #117
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Yes if it says (1 member and 0 zero guests) that means only you are viewing it at that time.

Kong will get back to you when he has time, please be patient.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #118
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

I don't know if I really did tell Kong about if I did agree with his Deal. Do you know if it might be necessary if I should tell Kong now, that rather I do agree with his Deal that he made me, or is that okay?

If I should Reply to his Deal now, I will type something like a note or like a long comment to tell how I'm coming along with it, and like how I'm doing with it, then on the next line I will tell rather I (final) really do agree with his Deal then.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

I know this is not an art site.
And I had played many video games, then I will like to see other now art pictures.

Do you know of any other Forum site to Reply questions/answers to each box - like this (with picture loading feature like the one it have in here too), and just except you/I type about drawing or art stuff instead of typing about video/Arcade games here?
And I will explain to you why I will like to search for that Forum site after you try to search for that later.
I found some other sites that may work with drawings, but see if you can still find that kind of Forum site too.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Did Retro Uprising got any other new Coin-op (Arcade) games from the last year?
How many new Coin-op (Arcade) games if it get any/some from last year?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #119
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27
Level up: 63%
Level up: 63%, 339 Points needed Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

KATZ

there are no "new" coin op games here
Old 09-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #120
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

No one answered the other questions that I had typed in.
Should I type in another similar question 'here' that hoping they will answer it then, & can I type in the same question 'here' that no one answers?

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

I wonder how I can get more quick/fast response after I Post Quick Replies here, is it the number of members & guests that have to be increased, or what may bring faster response after I 'post quick replies' here?

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

When I type my other Replies here, when should I post any new threads, or is it not necessary to & just post my reply or replies here?

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

The other Coin-op games like Iron Force, Boxing Bugs, and Invinco, I didn't hear any sound when I play these games, are these the types of Arcade games that have no sound to'em?
Old 09-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #121
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
1,123 posts
RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

RevJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpbone@yahoo.com View Post
What Coin-op games doesn't the Retro Uprising have that what other (new) Coin-op that they have out there at the other Arcade place now?
\

Arcade / Coin-op games that were made after about the year 2000 are generally to complex to be able to run on people's computers at home.

That means if you want to play more recent games, Tekkan 6 for example, you would need to visit a real-life Amusement Centre / Arcade Hall. You won't find such newer games at Retro Uprising.

It might be harder to find older arcade games - like Donkey Kong or Lady Bug - in an Amusement Centre nowadays, but Retro Uprising has them.

I hope that helps answer your question.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote:
The other Coin-op games like Iron Force, Boxing Bugs, and Invinco, I didn't hear any sound when I play these games, are these the types of Arcade games that have no sound to'em?
The games at Retro Uprising are emulated, and some of the emulated games don't work exactly right. Some might have sound problems, some might have video problems etc. For Invinco for example, when you play the game for the first time on Retro Uprising it tells you that the sound is not emulated 100%. But an actual Arcade Invinco does have sound.

You might find the Wikipedia entry on Emulation interesting ... see [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emulator]Emulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
Old 09-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #122
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

From the response you just put in for me about newer Arcade games, are just about all the Coin-op (Arcade) games on Retro Uprising are the simpler types of Arcade games?
I think I did tried one of something like this at home - (that you said that game is too complex to run/play at home) & what will happen if they try running a newer arcade game at home, will it just go slower, or will it have more problems running it?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #123
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
1,123 posts
View Stats

RevJ

Quote:
From the response you just put in for me about newer Arcade games, are just about all the Coin-op (Arcade) games on Retro Uprising are the simpler types of Arcade games?
I think I did tried one of something like this at home - (that you said that game is too complex to run/play at home) & what will happen if they try running a newer arcade game at home, will it just go slower, or will it have more problems running it?
In a nutshell, yes.

Emulated Arcade games may have a variety of problems if they don't work exactly - they might run to slow (press F11 to see if they are running at 100%), the sound might be wrong or missing, the colours might be wrong, maybe the game will just crash and not be playable at all etc
Old 09-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #124
Regular Poster
202 posts
View Stats

danielpbone@yahoo.com

I'm not sure exactly what 'in a nutshell' means. And I assume it's to the game information I just typed in.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #125
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
1,123 posts
View Stats

RevJ

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what 'in a nutshell' means. And I assume it's to the game information I just typed in.
I apologise. "In a nutshell" means providing a brief answer or quick description.

The Arcade games on Retro Uprising are generally the ones that can be emulated to run at a reasonable speed on a home computer. This means that most of the Arcade games on RU will be older or originally ran on simpler hardware.

For example, if the original arcade game had special video or sound chips, a laser disk, a hard-drive, security, a weird controller, or even a cassette tape inside it, it will be harder to make this work the same way on a home PC.

It makes no difference if the game itself is easy or hard to play. I hope this helps.