Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > RU Games

Old 02-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Regular Poster
605 posts
Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,618, Level: 23 Points: 7,618, Level: 23 Points: 7,618, Level: 23
Level up: 46%
Level up: 46%, 432 Points needed Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Razeluxe

Score question (Virtua Racing)

Virtua Racing - Arcade/Coin-Op - Score Board

I got the post that I got first place, I have the best time, but I still see myself as third place.
page with post saying I got first http://www.retrouprising.com/other/h...n/t13532/p110/

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Also Alice in Wonderland - Nintendo Game Boy Color - Score Board
page with post http://www.retrouprising.com/other/h...n/t13532/p105/

Last edited by Razeluxe; 02-26-2013 at 01:47 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 217 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

Barra

Re: Score question (Virtua Racing)

Someone correct me if Im wrong but I think that because they are tied scores, the person who achieved it first will remain in 1st place. Not sure why it shows up in the We have a new champion thread though...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Regular Poster
605 posts
Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Razeluxe

3. Additional score information.
  1. In most sports games your score is the spread. Example if you score 21 and the computer scores 14, then your final score is 21-14=7. If your score is zero or negative then it will be deleted. In games where your score is determined by the spread then you must complete the entire game before submitting.
  2. Multi-game carts share a single score board for all games on the cart. This only affects a few games such as Action 52, Quatro, and California Games.
  3. In the event of a tie, the trophy goes to the person that has the fastest time.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Barra

So for "In the event of a tie, the trophy goes to the person that has the fastest time."

For virtua racing we will have to look at changing the scoring system to incorporate the time instead of where you placed in the race.

For alice in wonderland, time is irrelevant (correct me If im wrong) so I think it should stay as it is.

Can some other mods chime in with their thoughts please
Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
Regular Poster
605 posts
View Stats

Razeluxe

for Racing games, definitely.
For all the others, I would personally judge it based on the length of the recording (or whatever it is) when it's submitted. but I suppose that one's not a big deal.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

+1 (+1/-0)     

The score system on Virtual Racing was stupid. I changed it from rank to total race time. You must complete the beginner's course for your score to count.

Comments

Good call
Old 02-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Regular Poster
605 posts
View Stats

Razeluxe

thank you thank you.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
View Stats

Barra

Thanks Kong
Old 03-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
Donor
183 posts
Ikaris is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,371, Level: 13 Points: 2,371, Level: 13 Points: 2,371, Level: 13
Level up: 83%
Level up: 83%, 79 Points needed Level up: 83% Level up: 83%

Ikaris

I just noticed a strange thing about VR's score system, depending on the game itself and not on RU: the time shown after the prizegiving's scene is ALWAYS some cent more than the one shown just after the race!
For example, the actual first place by Razeluxe is 3:18,03, but if you make it run after the animated scene, the screen will show 3:18,06.
I've just submitted a 3:18,00 but I remember that it was a 3:17,96 or something similar...
I guess I can't claim THAT exact time with the screen I saved (yes? I can't claim it, is it sure? REALLY sure?? Just kidding... but in a sad way... ), but maybe it would be good to clarify this question and, in case, to explain it in VR's page.
By the way, Virtua Racing ROCKS.

Last edited by Ikaris; 03-03-2013 at 12:51 PM..