Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > Reviews

Comment

Review Tools Search this Review Display Modes
4 Games in 1!
Published by Chuck Norris
02-09-2010
Author review
Graphics
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Replay value
100%100%100%
Challenge
80%80%80%
Tilt
100%100%100%
Average 96%
+2 (+2/-0)     
Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World

Super Mario... what can we all say that hasn't been said? Not much since it's been said already. OK now I am a huge fan of Super Mario, I've darn near played every Super Mario game on the market, from the original NES version all the way to Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii, now when I first played this, I thought it was going for backwards compatibility, meaning that the graphics would be 8-bit, boy was I wrong, and being Chuck Norris I'm never wrong. That now being said I will now review Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World, so it's a 4 game in one review. First off;

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS:

In my opinion the pinnacle of all video games, it was IMHO the best side scrolling video game I ever had the honor to play. Now it's 16-bit counterpart, just as great as the original, the music is amazing and remastered, and even glitches were fixed (i.e Minus World) which honestly made me mad because I wanted to show off but instead got embarrassed...and nobody embarrasses Chuck Norris.

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS THE LOST LEVELS:
Only available in Japan you say? Not anymore, it was released on Super Mario Bros All Stars + Super Mario World and plays a lot like it do and looks and sounds beautiful in 16-bit, originally it was intended to be the sequel to the original Super Mario Bros on the NES but never saw the light of day, instead we got:

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS 2:
Based off of Doki Doki Panic for the NES, in every way but with Super Mario Brothers characters. This game was sub par for the NES as it really had nothing to do with the original Mario Bros and wasn't really my cup of tea, but still looks and sounds great in 16-bit, sure it's still the same game but, it's much more appealing to eye and ear.

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS 3:
My favorite out of all of them, now here I can't say much that the Angry Video Game Nerd or any other hardcore gamer hasn't but here I go; IT'S AWESOME! 8-bit or 16-bit It is amazing to play, the power ups, the enemies, the challenge oh man it's awesome! Also like the others it is very fun and looks and sounds amazing in 16-bit and also some minor glitches were fixed. Now rounding the games out:

SUPER MARIO WORLD:
Yet another one of the most Super Mario games in the series I've had the honor to play, it's fun and challenging! OK so it's the same typical scenario; Bowser kidnapped Princess Peach and it's up to you to save her and restore peace to the Mushroom Kingdom. OK this game really strays from the norm as it really chews you up and spits you out when it's good and ready, what I mean is; Tons of levels, HUGE challenge, many a Easter Egg and new enemies such as Banzai Bill, Chargin' Chucks [yes I gave permission for use of my name ] etc. Also if you browse around or activate the switches in the switch palaces you can access hidden keys to which you bring to the keyhole and you will be in new levels, even Star Road where you start off a level with a baby Yoshi and you feed them enemies and they grow big and then you really kick some serious butt! Other than all that this game is amazing and really is a great game!

If you haven't played any of the games mentioned above you disgrace the term "Gamer" .... I admit that's a bit harsh OK... how about CRAWL OUT OF UNDER THAT ROCK AND PLAY THEM!

GAMEPLAY VIDEO and some PICTURES ON NEXT PAGE

Comments

Contents

Featured Reviews
Read more
Big Red One

Frontline FPS action
<< <    Next Page: page 2 (Page 1 of 2)    >  >>
Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Regular Poster

CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
Re: Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World

Review = 7.5/10: Excellent work, downsize the font to regular size. It's a pretty interesting, short and sweet review, but it grasps the matter of what truly makes a good review.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Replay value
100%100%100%
Challenge
80%80%80%
Tilt
100%100%100%
Average 96%
Regular Poster

Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36 View Post
Review = 7.5/10: Excellent work, downsize the font to regular size. It's a pretty interesting, short and sweet review, but it grasps the matter of what truly makes a good review.
Thanks Cam, imo I think the font is fine the way it is.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Butterscotch

StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

This review is the most epic i've seen so far. I need to learn how to write better ones like you .
Old 02-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Replay value
100%100%100%
Challenge
80%80%80%
Tilt
100%100%100%
Average 96%
Regular Poster

Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxFan2009 View Post
This review is the most epic i've seen so far. I need to learn how to write better ones like you .
Dude, flattery will get you nowhere lol
Old 02-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Butterscotch

StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

i know, it's just that my reviews will always lose to better ones
Old 02-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Replay value
100%100%100%
Challenge
80%80%80%
Tilt
100%100%100%
Average 96%
Regular Poster

Quote:
i know, it's just that my reviews will always lose to better ones
I just wrote this outta pure boredom actually
Old 02-10-2010, 01:45 AM
Butterscotch

it still beats my Starfox review and my wrestling ones put together.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Replay value
100%100%100%
Challenge
80%80%80%
Tilt
100%100%100%
Average 96%
Regular Poster

Quote:
it still beats my Starfox review and my wrestling ones put together.
Oh pshaw, don't say that your Star Fox Review was still awesome
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Sound
100%100%100%
Replay value
100%100%100%
Challenge
60%60%60%
Tilt
100%100%100%
Average 88%
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator

Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

Overall a decent review. I only have two critiques.
1. The body of text could use some decent proof reading.
2. The comparison images would have been better if both the original and SNES versions were taken in the same area. You could always grab some screenshots from RU. Plus two images didn't load for me.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Replay value
100%100%100%
Challenge
80%80%80%
Tilt
100%100%100%
Average 96%
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Overall a decent review. I only have two critiques.
1. The body of text could use some decent proof reading.
2. The comparison images would have been better if both the original and SNES versions were taken in the same area. You could always grab some screenshots from RU. Plus two images didn't load for me.
Still the same pics from the same game, I understand that they're not in the same area but it's pretty much the same, also I only put 2 pics as I didn't wanna go overboard with like a million and one pictures, that's why I inserted the video.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Forum lurker

Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!

I agree with Tenser about the placement, that what first comes to mind.

Nice job.
Comment