Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Closed Contests Completed/Closed/Finished/Game Over/Archive of Expired Contests
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Closed Contests

View Poll Results: Awards 2010 - Best Newcomer
Elrod21 16 53.33%
Enemy Ace 2 6.67%
ChrisP 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Seahawk

Awards 2010 - Best Newcomer

Best Newcomer: The new member (must have registered in 2010!) who you think made the biggest positive impact to the RU forums or the arcade.

Nominees:
Elrod21
Enemy Ace
ChrisP

You get one vote only, so make it count. Remember that this is for 2010 events only!

Good luck and remember to never be disinclined to acquiesce to the captin's request.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Regular Poster
164 posts
Thunderlips is kissing everybody's bum just rightThunderlips is kissing everybody's bum just rightThunderlips is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 18
Points: 3,989, Level: 18 Points: 3,989, Level: 18 Points: 3,989, Level: 18
Level up: 35%
Level up: 35%, 261 Points needed Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thunderlips

Re: Awards 2010 - Best Newcomer

As the "Ultimate Male" is not an option Elrod it is!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 209 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

tanc24

All three are worthy additions to this great site, but I had to go with elrod as well.

Cheers!

Side note: I was surprised to see jozman wasn't nominated until I learned he signed up in October 2009. He gets my honorable mention.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 01-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

I'm glad I was even nominated XD I voted for Elrod. You made quite the impact on this site! Keep on gaming!!

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 01-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 32
Points: 15,929, Level: 32 Points: 15,929, Level: 32 Points: 15,929, Level: 32
Level up: 44%
Level up: 44%, 621 Points needed Level up: 44% Level up: 44%

elrod21

I am just happy to be nominated myself. Both ChrisP and Enemy Ace are great competitors and really have been part of making this site fun for me too. This place is really unique and I am so grateful I found it.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Winnebagel

I voted for Elrod. Elrod, you had a really good 2010 and did great in contests and competition. Well done.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%

Seahawk

I voted ChrisP. He really livened up the forums.

That, and it's always fun to joke about him needing a new computer whenever he submits a mastery. It's always a suspenseful moment when I have to go judge a submission from him, wondering whether the average FPS will be over 90% or not XD.

Of course, I still love elrod and Enemy Ace too, that was an epic struggle over Speed Coin. And I have had many personal back-and-forth games with both of them. Kudos.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #8
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%

joz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24 View Post
All three are worthy additions to this great site, but I had to go with elrod as well.

Cheers!

Side note: I was surprised to see jozman wasn't nominated until I learned he signed up in October 2009. He gets my honorable mention.
Yes all three are great additions to the site.

Side note: Yep. I registered a bit too late in the year to get noticed for the 2009 awards and a bit too soon to qualify for the 2010. Oh well. At least I still have my dashing good looks
Old 01-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

elrod21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
Yes all three are great additions to the site.

Side note: Yep. I registered a bit too late in the year to get noticed for the 2009 awards and a bit too soon to qualify for the 2010. Oh well. At least I still have my dashing good looks
And amazing skills too. Playing with the keyboard and doing as well as you do is epic in itself. I don't even know how someone does well at a Shmup with the keyboard. I need my stick or at least a game pad to do any good.

Thanks for the votes so far everyone as well. I am so glad Retro-gaming roundup mentioned this place.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrod21 View Post
And amazing skills too. Playing with the keyboard and doing as well as you do is epic in itself. I don't even know how someone does well at a Shmup with the keyboard. I need my stick or at least a game pad to do any good.

Thanks for the votes so far everyone as well. I am so glad Retro-gaming roundup mentioned this place.
I'm in the same boat El. I always have to stand back in amazement at guys like Jozmon and Tails who go almost completely on keys. I can't imagine trying to do that.
( Click to show/hide )
It's a little scary thinking where they would be if they ever got a controller. Shhh! Don't tell them.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:26 AM   #11
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
View Stats

elrod21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
I'm in the same boat El. I always have to stand back in amazement at guys like Jozmon and Tails who go almost completely on keys. I can't imagine trying to do that.
Tails just uses keyboard too?

That makes his scores more impressive to me also.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #12
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

Yeah I do, WB keeps on trying to make me get a real controller.

I voted for ChrisP, besides being a referral of mine he produces so much positiveness in the forums and makes it better. Elrod woulda been for arcade.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #13
Regular Poster
10 posts
Seaunipeg is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 3
Points: 201, Level: 3 Points: 201, Level: 3 Points: 201, Level: 3
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 99 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Send a message via MSN to Seaunipeg

Seaunipeg

Dad for sure...he's already been bumping back and forth from 1st to 3rd and what not...go Elrod!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
View Stats

Winnebagel

Poll closed. Elrod21 wins the 2010 Best Newcomer award. Good job Elrod. You have made big impact in a short time. Well done!

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
View Stats

elrod21

Thanks Winnebagel! I have really enjoyed myself at this site so far and met a lot of great people. I look forward to things to come.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #16
Donor
622 posts
Gamenguru play's well with othersGamenguru play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 631 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

Gamenguru

Congratulations Elrod! You've definitaly earned a reputation for yourself since joining the site. Nice job!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #17
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Congrats Elrod!! You earned it! I'm surprised I got 12 votes Thanks for the votes for whoever voted for me XD

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 02-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #18
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
View Stats

elrod21

Thanks Gamenguru and ChrisP!

ChrisP you shouldn't be surprised you got so many votes, you have become a valued member of the site since you joined and I must say a really nice guy. As it was stated earlier the category isn't about trophy counts alone.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #19
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Thanks Elrod That means a lot Maybe I would've had a better chance if my computer wasn't so messed up Congrats again though, you were definitely a presence on the gaming side as well on the forums.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #20
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46
Level up: 7%
Level up: 7%, 1,406 Points needed Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

CatalystiCam

congrats elrod and chrisp too. I was thinking this would be pretty close considering your both pretty cool members.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #21
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
View Stats

elrod21

Thanks Cam3ron! Enemy Ace is really cool too when you get to know him.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #22
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Thanks Cam! I'm surprised Enemy Ace only got 2 votes

Is it me or is Elrod's badge broken? I hope it's not just an X

Old 02-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #23
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
View Stats

elrod21

I didn't realize I was supposed to get badge.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #24
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Quote:
I'm surprised Enemy Ace only got 2 votes
I think that's just because he keeps a lower profile by comparison. It certainly doesn't mean anything bad.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #25
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
View Stats

elrod21

I did get a badge! Cool! That would be my first.