Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Help Non-Retro Uprising Questions. Programming help, tech support, self help, advice, the meaning of life - it goes here.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Support > Help

Old 06-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
431 posts
yoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of averageyoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,687, Level: 23 Points: 7,687, Level: 23 Points: 7,687, Level: 23
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 363 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

yoshi_star10

Windos 7 toshiba help

Okay im really starting to get annoyed with this computer of mine. It's a windows 7 toshiba laptop. every time i start it up, after about oh say 7-10 minutes, a little window pops up saying " toshiba service station has stopped working" it asks me to close it out. First of all i have no idea what this is and second, its annoying me because it happens everytime my laptop starts up. we went to geek squad a while after i got it and when they started up my computor it never appeared. Would anyone happen to know what i can do to stop it from happening?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dudebro

Re: Windos 7 toshiba help

Quote:
toshiba service station
Try searching for that or something similar and load it up(not sure where the search feature is on Windows 7 though). If it has an option to disable notifications do it. Since you don't know what it is or if you need it I don't suggest just deleting it.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Demon-Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Since you don't know what it is or if you need it I don't suggest just deleting it.
I did that with something called "Symantec Services Framework", word of advice, don't delete anything you don't know. It turns out Norton needs this and I unknowingly went without an antivirus for over a month. Got some virus called Trojan.Nebuler, I didn't know about it until I deleted Norton and reinstalled it with the part. Norton killed the virus and all is well.

Just don't do anything about it, except disable notifications for it.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:44 AM   #4
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kong

It is supposed to tell you when there is a new updated driver from Toshiba.
You should be able to go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. And remove it.
Also you should be able to email/call Toshiba and get free support for it. If you have Windows 7 you should still be under warranty.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
431 posts
yoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of averageyoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,687, Level: 23 Points: 7,687, Level: 23 Points: 7,687, Level: 23
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 363 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

yoshi_star10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Try searching for that or something similar and load it up(not sure where the search feature is on Windows 7 though). If it has an option to disable notifications do it. Since you don't know what it is or if you need it I don't suggest just deleting it.
i did what kong said to find it, i cant load it up from there it gives me the same "stopped working" message i dont think i can get rid of the message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
It is supposed to tell you when there is a new updated driver from Toshiba.
You should be able to go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. And remove it.
Also you should be able to email/call Toshiba and get free support for it. If you have Windows 7 you should still be under warranty.
i suppose i could try to e-mail, seems like the best idea. Cant believe i didnt think of even trying that...