Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > RU Games

Old 02-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #101
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kong

Re: The Game Masters Submissions

@Seahawk. Sorry, There is a third dungeon. You need to get the Mystery Box to master the game, not the Happiness Box. Next time you play you should start on the third and final dungeon though. Which probably means you have more point opportunities than the rest of us.

You are the first person to the final dungeon though so still - Congratulations!

Because it is SRAM enabled your last score should show up next time you die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
How did you manage 60k? That seems unbelievably high.
Maximize the trick bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Kong got that score by skipping the box and leaving the game running for like three days, if I remember right. I also think he used the thing where you use the clone staff on the money bag enemies.
I don't think I reached the box.

I left it running for 3 days because it was before SRAM was enabled.

I'm not sure if I had a clone staff or not. But the best way to get points is cloning trick bags.

Quote:
Btw did you guys try a muddle herb yet? Eat it don't throw it.
I haven't tried it but I saw your screenshot. Is there any benefit?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #102
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Seahawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
@Seahawk. Sorry, There is a third dungeon. You need to get the Mystery Box to master the game, not the Happiness Box. Next time you play you should start on the third and final dungeon though. Which probably means you have more point opportunities than the rest of us.
No. As I said it did not save. Both the score and the act of clearing the dungeon were lost. Worse still, it cleared out my dungeon data, so I could not play it again from the auto-save checkpoint.

I don't know if it was a glitch, or bad timing during submitting the score during the ending (because the game is terminated immediately), or just plain bad luck, but I will have to get the Happiness Box and safely escape again.

The next dungeon has the Mystery Box on floor 30. I don't know if the credits will roll for that event though.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #103
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Re: Taloons Great Adventure Mystery Dungeon » Super Nintendo

The third dungeon is technically a bonus dungeon, should it be required for mastery? From what I read beating the second gives you a credit roll and everything.

All muddle does is make enemies look like Taloon and items look like flowers, and give you a small amount of food.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #104
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

Oh, weird. If it turns out that it never let's you save after the Happiness Box then we will just have to call that beating the game.

I'll leave your master up for now until we find out if it is possible to get the Mystery Box or not.

If the third dungeon is purely just a bonus level then it is not required. I haven't got that far yet and there isn't a video so it is hard to judge.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #105
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Seahawk

I'm sure it will save, it was just bad coding practices by the developers i.e. erasing dungeon data and then not writing end game scores and flags until the ending is over.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #106
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

It's not official but the walkthrough on Gamefaqs lists the third as the bonus dungeon and it walks through it after it lists the credits. I'm fine with whatever just bringing it up to be clear.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:52 AM   #107
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
View Stats

Seahawk

Some sexy time going on here in the bar:

Last edited by Seahawk; 05-01-2016 at 05:36 PM..
Old 02-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #108
1,757 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Mareeps

I decided to join in on this, but I'm playing in full mode.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #109
Regular Poster
33 posts
520outlaw has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 3
Points: 222, Level: 3 Points: 222, Level: 3 Points: 222, Level: 3
Level up: 22%
Level up: 22%, 78 Points needed Level up: 22% Level up: 22%

520outlaw

im joining on this 2 but do we have 2 play on full or what
I got ice in my veins, blood in my eyes
Hate in my heart, love in my mind
I seen nights full of pain, days of the same
You keep the sunshine, save me the rain
I search but never find, hurt but never cry
Old 02-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #110
Regular Poster
190 posts
thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 4,912, Level: 20 Points: 4,912, Level: 20 Points: 4,912, Level: 20
Level up: 24%
Level up: 24%, 838 Points needed Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
Send a message via AIM to thetedster

thetedster

the mystery box is possible, I beat this when I was a kid...

It's... kind of easy... but I did spend maybe a month mastering it
Old 02-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #111
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Yeah, it was a question of if you can do it here. Sounds like our emulator might erase your data if you get the happiness box.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #112
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

@520Outlaw- Nah fullmode doesn't let you submit scores or mastery. Brawl is only using it because when he does other stuff, like chat, it slows down score mode for him.

@thetedster- You actually had this game as a kid? I'm surprised to hear that it seems really obscure.

@Kong- Do you remember exactly what you have to do to be able to store stuff? I know it requires like 4-5 upgrades to the shop but if I read the in game chat right(it's hard to see) you need to also bring the safe back once.

Of course I had two excellent runs before I was able to store anything. The first one I was 300 shy of the third place score and had to use outside. I had a metal babble shield +8 or so and a Dragon sword upgraded to some good number. The very next run I found this early, it was infuriating.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Taloon.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	2396  
Old 02-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #113
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Quote:
@thetedster- You actually had this game as a kid? I'm surprised to hear that it seems really obscure.
It wasnt released in N.A.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #114
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
View Stats

Seahawk

Quote:
Yeah, it was a question of if you can do it here. Sounds like our emulator might erase your data if you get the happiness box.
The emulator isn't erasing data. The emulator isn't doing anything wrong.

It's bad coding by the game makers combined with the fact that when you submit a score it is equivalent to turning off the game system.

The developers remembered to erase the dungeon data as usual when you exit, but for the special case of successfully returning with the happiness box, they forgot to save the high score data. I'm assuming the data gets saved after the ending is over, but every other time the data is saved immediately when exiting the dungeon so there's no reason they should have done it differently for the ending.

This is bad because there is now a large time frame where the game data is not saved, and there would be no way to recover it if the player turns off the console or there is a power outage, etc.

This is what happens when you submit a score with F12 - the game execution is ceased, and the data is lost. This is where your planned feature of being able to continue playing after submitting a score would be handy.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #115
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

To get the vault you just need to upgrade your shop several times. The safe lets you put 10 items in the vault even if you die. The outside lets you quit and put all your items in the safe.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #116
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
The safe lets you put 10 items in the vault even if you die.
You mean if you have a full inventory, plus the safe, when you die it will keep all those items on you to pick from and put in the safe?
Old 02-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #117
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

I don't remember. Maybe the safe lets you keep everything. I know the vault has a limit and you have to choose what you will save in it.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #118
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

The text was hard to read but I'm pretty certain the wife said if you bring back the safe it will allow you to store stuff once the shop is upgraded, the second bigger part completed.

@SH- Did you get that far and find yourself unable to store stuff? Did you ever bring the safe back to town?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #119
Regular Poster
190 posts
thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 4,912, Level: 20 Points: 4,912, Level: 20 Points: 4,912, Level: 20
Level up: 24%
Level up: 24%, 838 Points needed Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
Send a message via AIM to thetedster

thetedster

I played this via emulator when possible, before hand I had purchased a famicom and had ordered snes games online when it was possible, and beforehand when Nintendo Power had a company that would make them available via telephone.

I was a little spoiled with retro gaming.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #120
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
View Stats

Seahawk

Quote:
@SH- Did you get that far and find yourself unable to store stuff? Did you ever bring the safe back to town?
When you die, you lose half your money and all your items.
As far as I can tell having the safe lets you keep another half of your money for shop expansion, i.e. you keep 3/4 of your money.
It's only good for advancing your shop faster, it doesn't let you keep items if you die. So after you have the largest shop, it is useless.

When you successfully leave a dungeon, you bring back everything. It seems that when you bring back enough for a shop expansion, you do not get the prompt to put items in the vault, so you lose everything automatically. I think every time I successfully escaped coincided with a shop expansion, so that's why I never was able to store anything. I have the biggest shop now so I get asked to store things every time now.

I'm starting to think the devs were on crack or something some days during development, with all these oversights....
Old 02-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #121
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Anyone know if the original Super Famicom cart had the same hard to read text?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #122
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
Anyone know if the original Super Famicom cart had the same hard to read text?
It did have the same white letters, but I'm thinking it didnt effect the Japanese characters the same way it makes the english ones hard to read.

Comments

thanks.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #123
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
View Stats

Seahawk

+1 (+1/-0)     

I did it again.

Some things to know.

The bug feature with storing stuff is confirmed.
If you finish the dungeon and then trigger the next store event or the ending, you will not get the chance to store any items, you will lose it all.

Check out what I'm losing =(

When you submit the ending, wait for THE END to be displayed, otherwise you will lose both your clear save data and the dungeon data amd you will have to get the box again to access the extra dungeon.

Comments

amazing items

Last edited by Seahawk; 05-01-2016 at 05:36 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #124
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 217 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

Barra

Just started playing this one and learning the ropes. So frustrating when your having a good run with items etc but you never find ANY bread.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Cant seem to work this game out. Got to floor 10 of the main dungeon, I was level 10 or 11 but incredibly weak against the armored dudes and wyverns. my strength was 1/9 as I didnt see one antidote or strength the whole way.
I only had 1100 gold. How do you kill those trick bags?
My top score is my gold from the trial dungeon, 2300.

Last edited by Barra; 11-15-2012 at 01:50 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 02:16 AM   #125
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

You gotta watch those mushroom dudes. If you allow them to attack you multiple times you will lose strength. Sometimes you just won't find any antidotes or strength seeds.

Same with the bags, don't let them touch you. If they touch you and it doesn't miss they'll steal money and when you kill them you'll only get your money back, no extra. Kill them before they hit you and you'll get a good amount. Clone them for even better results.