Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Open Contests Current running contests. Look here to sign up.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Open Contests

Old 01-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kugyince

+2 (+2/-0)     
Pass the Puck

RULES
  1. The first person to submit proof of complete the current puck holder's challenge takes the badge.
  2. Once you receive the badge you have one week to come up with a challenge of your own. If you want some advice feel free to PM me.
  3. All challenges must be approved by me before they are submitted.
  4. You must reasonably prove that you, yourself are able to accomplish the challenge you intend to give.
  5. A challenge must be a test of gaming skill and/or knowledge with the games and/or answers present on this specific site.
  6. When you've met all of these other criteria its your job to post your challenge in this thread and relate any other rules you might have.
  7. If you do not accomplish this within one week of receiving the puck I will take the puck back, kick you in the jimmy, and mark you up for cheating.

Comments

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

TrakMastaTom

+1 (+1/-0)     
Pass the Puck

I vote easy.

Comments

TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:24 AM   #3
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

+1 (+1/-0)     
Pass the Puck

I vote medium.

Comments

Old 01-06-2007, 07:36 AM   #4
Donor
2,680 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 24,248, Level: 38 Points: 24,248, Level: 38 Points: 24,248, Level: 38
Level up: 83%
Level up: 83%, 402 Points needed Level up: 83% Level up: 83%

sabby

Pass the Puck

I say next to impossible, mine apparently was impossible.:mrgreen:
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63

Kugyince

Pass the Puck

Medium it is then.

First one to beat either my Castlevania or Curveball high score in the arcade gets the badge.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #6
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

Pass the Puck

I beat Tenser's Castlevania score and have the puck now.

The challenge I had planned was to set a decent Hexagon High Score of around 40 to 45 and have the first person to beat it take the puck.

I did better than I expected and beat my previous personal best score of 48.

The current Hexagon high score is 56. If you can beat or tie me then you can have the puck.

Perfect score is 58. You can only miss two. If no one can get this in a week then I will make it easier.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:27 AM   #7
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Pass the Puck

That was quick. Sabby got a perfect score in Hexagon. What is your challenge?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:35 AM   #8
Donor
2,680 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

sabby

Pass the Puck

Thanks Kong, I'm gonna need a day or two to set it up I think. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:08 AM   #9
Donor
288 posts
BRODYMAN is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,091, Level: 20 Points: 5,091, Level: 20 Points: 5,091, Level: 20
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 659 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

BRODYMAN

Pass the Puck

Is it going to have anything to do with Double Dribble?

Old contest rules give you a week to post a new contest. I assume they still apply.
Kart: 2449-5237-1294
Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #10
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Pass the Puck

Hey Tenser. How about editing the first post of this thread and add some rules/info.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #11
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Pass the Puck

Oh sure, make me actually do something around here! Sheesh!

I hope you sleep well at night knowing your slave-driving a guy with pneumonia you cruel task-master!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #12
Regular Poster
466 posts
jeckel22 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,241, Level: 13 Points: 2,241, Level: 13 Points: 2,241, Level: 13
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 209 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%

jeckel22

Pass the Puck

Suck it up and be a man!!! :baby:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
I'd be crabby too if you made me eat crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post

How much is that other government crap?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #13
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Pass the Puck

Quote:
Suck it up and be a man!!!
I will as soon as you show me something you've accomplished Mr. Game Moderator.

P.S. I have an inner resentment to the Game Mod staff.

P.S.S. I become completely miserable to be around when I'm sick....

(Yes, worse than normal.)

Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #14
Regular Poster
466 posts
View Stats

jeckel22

Pass the Puck

Ha Ha Ha. You are sooooo funny. NOT. My scores aren't being saved. Also, considering P.S stands for post script, i would assume that it would be P.P.S for post-post script not post script script. You learn something new everyday don't you. You can't get that much worse.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-11-2007, 12:20 PM   #15
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Pass the Puck

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm off to finish modding the Coleco collection and then start off on the NES list where I left off. Someone has to do it, since the Game Mod crew is too busy to actually mod any of the games.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #16
Regular Poster
466 posts
View Stats

jeckel22

Pass the Puck

Yet again Ten, you are soooo funny. How could our small meaningless lives exist without you in them? We are so lucky to have such a......meaningful person with us. I'm sure you inspire all of us to do great things.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #17
Regular Poster
387 posts
thebird1003 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 9
Points: 951, Level: 9 Points: 951, Level: 9 Points: 951, Level: 9
Level up: 26%
Level up: 26%, 149 Points needed Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Send a message via MSN to thebird1003

thebird1003

Pass the Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Oh sure, make me actually do something around here! Sheesh!

I hope you sleep well at night knowing your slave-driving a guy with pneumonia you cruel task-master!
Oh come on, i thought you was Mr.Amazing? Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by count100
i like the fact that you have what looks like a unbeatable score trophy
+ =<br />WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #18
Donor
2,680 posts
View Stats

sabby

Pass the Puck

Hello all, I have a challenge for you, problem is the powers that be (Kong) have not given the Chosen One (Tenser) the ability to work on save states.(It was a result of the breakdown with onVGP and the site change) Once all is well in our happy little kingdom, I will post my challenge.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:56 AM   #19
Donor
2,680 posts
View Stats

sabby

Pass the Puck

Alright, the challenge you all have been waiting for (not really, but I digress).

I bringing it back, the Double Dribble challenge, I had the puck taken from me when the site went down so I'm gonna keep it this time for good, you know the drill, down by 10, 2 minutes left, JUST WIN BABY!!! Here's the link to the game, Enjoy:mrgreen: (The spoiler just has the controls for the game:cool

( Click to show/hide )
Hopefully, you hit the link and realized that I just couldn't do that to you guys. This badge is a traveling badge so it needs to travel a little more than I let it, so, I have one thing to say:

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!

In spirit of Super Bowl XLI, I thought I would make it football related.
That being said, there is only 1 game that is worthy of this and that game is Tecmo Bowl. I could have used this years participants but then I would have to choose who I thought would win and then Cos would start to cry, then I would get arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, too much drama (I digress once again).

So as some of you know, my pathetic Raiders couldn't beat a group of girl scouts this year (Al Davis, please leave/die and let the team move on , PLEASE!!!!) Well, back in the days of Tecmo, when Los Angeles had 2 football teams and they were decent, the Raiders had a great running game, and a decent defense. My challenge to you is similar to my Double Dribble one. The game starts at the beginning
of the second half against Denver (it was hard for me to decide which team I disliked more, SF or Denver, you see my choice), down by 19 (I can't believe the CPU missed an extra point, I also blocked one). So show me a movie of your come from behind victory without game genie codes (they're disabled anyway) and the badge is yours. This in my opinion is a lot easier than the Double Dribble Challenge so I do not expect to keep the badge for long. This Tecmo is a little different, the rosters were changed from the original so you do not have Marcus Allen as your second RB and Tim Brown isn't even on the roster (those FOOLS!!)

Here's the link.
JUST WIN BABY!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #20
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Pass the Puck

FYI. The delay in posting this challenge was my fault not Sabby's.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #21
Regular Poster
474 posts
wanman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,775, Level: 12 Points: 1,775, Level: 12 Points: 1,775, Level: 12
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 225 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Send a message via MSN to wanman

wanman

Pass the Puck

the challenge is hard for me , can only get up to 13 - 19. I give up , anyone else going to try?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #22
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Pass the Puck

By next Sunday one of these four things needs to happen:
1. Some one wins.
2. Sabby makes an easier challenge or gives some tips to win.
3. The puck goes back to Tenser.
4. Tenser overrules me - it is his contest.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #23
Donor
2,680 posts
View Stats

sabby

Pass the Puck

Darn, someone found this thread again, I was hoping to fly under the radar with this one. If it is not done soon, I'll post my save state movie as a hint.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #24
Regular Poster
474 posts
wanman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,775, Level: 12 Points: 1,775, Level: 12 Points: 1,775, Level: 12
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 225 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Send a message via MSN to wanman

wanman

Pass the Puck

I knew that you were trying to keep this badge. I wanted to see more people try so i post and then ..... you know what happens
Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #25
Donor
2,680 posts
View Stats

sabby

Pass the Puck

I had it before when the old site went down. My challenge before was much harder than this one. I didn't bring that one back because I had the badge for over a month on that one as well.