Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #201
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

Re: Steam, its games and our players.

I finally got steam and TF2. my steam is StarfoxFan2009
Old 03-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #202
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

joz

DB got me into this TF2 thing and I liked it. I like the Sniper and the Soldier class. I also play Realm of the Mad God. Screen name is Joz_man3000
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #203
Regular Poster
751 posts
Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22
Level up: 19%
Level up: 19%, 649 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Blue Shoe 2

I played a little bit of tf2 with DemonMask a few days back, never really mentioned it. I just got the Loch-N-Load, and it's helping when I have to hold a chokepoint.
( Click to show/hide )

This spoiler contains ponies.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #204
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

joz

I'll be on to play TF2 tonight between 6 and 8 take a break then be back around 9:30 till 11:00 or so.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #205
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Demon-Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Shoe 2 View Post
I played a little bit of tf2 with DemonMask a few days back, never really mentioned it. I just got the Loch-N-Load, and it's helping when I have to hold a chokepoint.
I'm not a fan of the Loch-N-Load.
It's hard to be accurate with the grenade launcher, and it only works on a direct hit.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #206
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

samejamesbond

I got the Scottish Resistance, it's handy for holding points.

BTW, does anyone got any tips on playing as Scout?
I'm horrific with him.

Remove Pootis
Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #207
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Scout can be hard to get used to. He has the same base health as engineer, sniper and spy but he tends to be harder to play because he's used offensively. A defensive scout only works on capture points really since they capture as if they were two players. Once you get some weapons for scout you can really improve it's survivability. The starting stuff is good too but other stuff gives him health, triple jump, a stun move, ect.

When I play scout it's mainly to get the flag/case or capture points. When I use it to just kill people I take advantage of his speed and double/triple jump to flank or get behind the enemy. Their scatter gun is surprisingly strong so if you get the jump on someone you can really mess them up. Just be wary of heavies, keep circling and jumping so they can't spin and fire.

I added Joz and SFF to the list. Since they're free to play you premium dudes will have to send friend requests to them.

Last edited by Dudebro; 03-06-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #208
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Demon-Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejamesbond View Post
I got the Scottish Resistance, it's handy for holding points.

BTW, does anyone got any tips on playing as Scout?
I'm horrific with him.
I don't even use sticky bombs. Just the Chargin' Targe, it compliments the Eyelander well. On that note, why do people always charge Demoknights?

As a scout, just keep moving and keep jumping. Basically rush to the capture point/intel right out of the gate, speed is your best advantage.
Also, get the Shortstop. It's a useful gun.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #209
6,652 posts
View Stats

joz

I'm getting better with the sniper, but it totally depends on the map that lets you play it well. I've moved away from the soldier and started using the scout a bit. I like the scout. I hate the rocket and flame thrower.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #210
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

@SJB- I prefer to use
Force-A-Nature - Official TF2 Wiki | Official Team Fortress Wiki
and
Crit-a-Cola - Official TF2 Wiki | Official Team Fortress Wiki
When that combo works right it's devastating. I'm sure the shortstop would be too but the knockback from the FoN seems to confuse people, especially from behind or the side.

@Joz- What maps have you tried? If you like scout and sniper try Payload, both work well there imo.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #211
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

samejamesbond

That's what I normally do as Scout, but it never seems work out too well. I was just playing with DM at Sawmill and went 1-20.
There are times when I'll do well, but it isn't too often.

I'm much better with the Solider, not too long ago I went 50-22 with 14 assists on Gorge.

@DM: I find the sticky bombs more handy than the Charging Targe.
You can sticky jump with it, which makes it very handy.

Remove Pootis
Old 03-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #212
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Remember it's not just about kills. I'm not saying 1-20 is good but if you're getting killed so much because you're helping with the objective then it's more reasonable.

I suck with soldier. I switch to it once in a while to take out badly placed sentries but otherwise I pick Heavy if I feel like being slow and powerful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #213
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Demon-Mask

Quote:
@DM: I find the sticky bombs more handy than the Charging Targe.
You can sticky jump with it, which makes it very handy.
I don't really sticky jump enough to justify using sticky bombs over the Chargin' Targe. I'd rather have the charge ability, explosive resistance and fire resistance.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #214
6,652 posts
View Stats

joz

DAMN YOU DB!!! I'm hooked on TF2 now. I want to go home and play it and I've barely started my work day.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #215
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

samejamesbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Remember it's not just about kills. I'm not saying 1-20 is good but if you're getting killed so much because you're helping with the objective then it's more reasonable.

I suck with soldier. I switch to it once in a while to take out badly placed sentries but otherwise I pick Heavy if I feel like being slow and powerful.
That match I was able to grab the intelligence twice, I can easily
get the objectives as Scout, but I want to get better in terms of
killing my enemies.

Remove Pootis
Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #216
Regular Poster
751 posts
Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22
Level up: 19%
Level up: 19%, 649 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Blue Shoe 2

When I play Scout, I use a combination of Shortsop and Mad Milk. The Milk gives me health every time I hit an enemy. II also use the Boston Basher, since it can make people bleed to dealth. I've hit-and-run several enemies with that bat, and they bled out.
( Click to show/hide )

This spoiler contains ponies.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #217
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Someone asked about being a combat engineer recently, I think it was DM, so I figured I'd explain it a little here.

The main difference is you're not sitting in your base/defending. When you defend you usually stay close to teammates/spawns/resupply. Being on the offensive means you're usually in enemy territory and you have to really work to defend your stuff. The main threat is spies, of course. If you're alone and a spy knocks out your gun right before his buddies show up chances are you're screwed. Because of that danger I find it's really important to set up a teleporter to your gear so your team will be constantly visiting. Once your team realizes you're saving them time and risk by setting up a safe teleporter you should have some guys looking out for you, unless they're all noobs.

As for which gun to use it's situational. I tend to use the mini sentry because it's really quick to set up(4 times as fast) and with full metal you can set up two(not at the same time of course). If a spy or w/e destroys your first gun you can quickly drop another to cover you while you deal with them. Also worth noting, if a spy puts a sapper on your mini don't even bother removing it unless you're desperate since it's health will plummet fast.

If you use a full sentry then you should make sure you have a dispenser up asap and you stick near it to defend it. I'd also recommend not using the wrangler unless you have teammates around, it's like an open invitation for spies to ruin your whole nest.

Sorry if this is out of the blue but Engineer is my favorite class and I felt like sharing since I have so much fun pwning people with it.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #218
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

samejamesbond

Remove Pootis
Old 03-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #219
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Funny for two reasons.

1. 99% of spies seem to fail if I repair my gun right away.
2. Feel is misspelled.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #220
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

samejamesbond

We are the 1%, profiting from your Sentry placement.
You 99%ers don't know true gaming until you have a knife in your back.

Remove Pootis
Old 03-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #221
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Demon-Mask

I was the one who asked about combat Engineer.
Thank you for explaining, but I have one question. How do you make a mini sentry?
Old 03-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #222
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

samejamesbond

You need the machine hand.
I forget the exact name.

Remove Pootis
Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #223
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Demon-Mask

Oh, okay. I know what you're talking about.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #224
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I finally got a hat drop today. Of course it's a hat for a class I don't like using though. If anyone has a hat for medic or engineer they wanna trade for it let me know.
Stainless Pot - Official TF2 Wiki | Official Team Fortress Wiki
Old 03-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #225
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Demon-Mask

I got an awesome Sniper kill.
I shot the Huntsman at my friend, also playing as Sniper, right as he fired at me. I killed him about half a second after he killed me.