Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Retro Uprising Support Questions and answers about Retro Uprising.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Support > Retro Uprising Support

Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
New Poster
6 posts
MrHiu2 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Level up: 59%
Level up: 59%, 31 Points needed Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

MrHiu2

I cannot get Arcade OX to run.

1.Not particularly.
2.Windows 7
3.Firefox 6
4.I haven't been able to play any of the games
5. Arcade OX full
6.No
7. The game says it's loading, I see the Sonic animation. Shortly after, the screen freezes. At the top of the screen reads "The arcade OX plug-in has crashed"

As a note, I restarted Firefox after downloading Arcade OX after downloading. I have also tried downloading Arcade OX for Chrome and IE 9. I have not been able to play any games with any of the 3 browsers I listed.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

Re: I cannot get Arcade OX to run.

In Firefox click Tools > Add Ons > Plug Ins.

What version of arcadeox does it say you are running?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
New Poster
6 posts
View Stats

MrHiu2

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

That was a mistake on my part. I'm running in version 1.6
Old 09-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Regular Poster
190 posts
thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 4,912, Level: 20 Points: 4,912, Level: 20 Points: 4,912, Level: 20
Level up: 24%
Level up: 24%, 838 Points needed Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
Send a message via AIM to thetedster

thetedster

I know that the new Firefox says when you update it that it isn't compatible with Arcade0X. You could try right clicking internet explorer, choose run as administrator, then try loading a game again. Maybe it's an Administrator rights issue.

I'm not an expert on Arcade0X but I'm pretty good at PC's, and that's what it sounds like.

Ted
Old 09-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65

Kong

In Firefox when you click Tools > Add Ons > Plug Ins

Then click on the ArcadeOX plugin it should show a button to "disable" it. If it has a button that says "enable" then that means it is disabled and you need to click the enable button. If it says "disable" then you should be good to go.

From what you have described it sounds like it should be working. Is there any weird software on your computer? Are you at a work or library or school that might have a firewall that blocks certain sites?

Can you download this file http://www.third.arcadeox.com/g/colecovision/tapper.zip

How much free space do you have on your C drive?

The Windows Key has a flag on it and is to the left of your space bar. Press the Windows Key + R. That opens a run prompt. In the run prompt copy and paste this
%temp%\low\arcadeox
then press enter.
Does that open up a folder. Are there files in that folder?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
New Poster
6 posts
View Stats

MrHiu2

Arcade OX is enabled.

I'm working at home

Norton is not blocking the download, as I have allowed it to pass.

I was able to download the download listed

My computer is basically new and has hardly anything on it, so the C-Drive has plenty of space.

The folder does open up alot of files when I run it.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Thank you Ted. I tried what you had suggested, though it still froze .

---------- Post added 09-15-2011 at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-14-2011 at 06:27 AM ----------

Is it possible that downloading a previous version of Firefox and or ArcadeOX could solve the problem?

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Quite recently, there has been a box telling me to update my video drivers. Is this supposed to be happening?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
Regular Poster
190 posts
thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 4,912, Level: 20 Points: 4,912, Level: 20 Points: 4,912, Level: 20
Level up: 24%
Level up: 24%, 838 Points needed Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
Send a message via AIM to thetedster

thetedster

Run some Anti-Virus software,. Malwarebytes anti-malware or the like, pop ups telling you to update vid drivers could be a virus issue causing aggravating issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHiu2 View Post
Arcade OX is enabled.

I'm working at home

Norton is not blocking the download, as I have allowed it to pass.

I was able to download the download listed

My computer is basically new and has hardly anything on it, so the C-Drive has plenty of space.

The folder does open up alot of files when I run it.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Thank you Ted. I tried what you had suggested, though it still froze .

---------- Post added 09-15-2011 at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-14-2011 at 06:27 AM ----------

Is it possible that downloading a previous version of Firefox and or ArcadeOX could solve the problem?

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Quite recently, there has been a box telling me to update my video drivers. Is this supposed to be happening?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

If you wait a week or so I can let you test the AOX beta and see if that makes any difference for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHiu2 View Post
That seems unlikely if it is already not working in both FF and IE.

You can try though. Mozilla Firefox 3.6
When you install it will ask you where you want to install. Just change the default folder path and you can have both your current new version and the older version running at the same time.

Quote:
What tells you that? Windows Update? That might be the cause of the problem. I would try updating them. If you don't know how let me know.

Also try a Genesis and and SNES game in both AOX Full Mode and AOX Score Mode. Let me know if it fails all four times or not.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
New Poster
6 posts
View Stats

MrHiu2

It is in fact a Windows update. I do not know how to update the drives.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

The SNES and Genesis games worked.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
View Stats

Kong

Windows Update can probably update the drivers. If not then you have to get them from your video card manufacturers website.

Did SNES and Genesis work in both play modes?

Specifically which game, system and play modes are not working?
Old 09-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #11
New Poster
6 posts
View Stats

MrHiu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedster View Post
Run some Anti-Virus software,. Malwarebytes anti-malware or the like, pop ups telling you to update vid drivers could be a virus issue causing aggravating issues.

I ran a Norton scan. Doesn't seem to be the issue.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

The only trouble I've been having, it seems, is with Coin-Op games in score or full mode. I played Yoshi's Island in both modes without issue, and I played Sonic the Hedgehog in both modes without issue.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #12
New Poster
1 posts
RetroGamer116 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 64 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

RetroGamer116