Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Old 07-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Slime Slayer

New XBOX announced, and it sounds kinda crappy

Kinda very crappy.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 07-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Winnebagel

+1 (+1/-0)     
Re: New XBOX announced, and it sounds kinda crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Kinda very crappy.
Link?

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Xbox 720 Development Kit Photos Surface - IGN

Okay. I found this. Is this the announcement you meant Essie?

Comments

Providing what this topic should have started with in the first place.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Wait wait....

How did you get anything at all out of that article to judge the system on?

The name Durango is fail, sure, but its only a project name so far. Also, Wii-U?

Kinnect built in was an obvious. Sure it sucks but Ninty is still using resistive touch screens and gyros. Not like either of them are breaking any new boundaries here. Just two companies playing it too safe.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Wait wait....

How did you get anything at all out of that article to judge the system on?

The name Durango is fail, sure, but its only a project name so far. Also, Wii-U?

Kinnect built in was an obvious. Sure it sucks but Ninty is still using resistive touch screens and gyros. Not like either of them are breaking any new boundaries here. Just two companies playing it too safe.
There is a chance that maybe Steven saw something different, but this is all I could find regarding information on a new Xbox. I agree, it's still really early and sketchy information at best.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

720 is a horrible name. What are they going to call the one after that? 1440? Dizzy? Spinning in circles.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
View Stats

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
720 is a horrible name. What are they going to call the one after that? 1440? Dizzy? Spinning in circles.
I'm not sure if that is a confirmed official name. I think it might be an early code name like Durango is. I don't like 720 either. Hopefully, they can come up with something better.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Here's the link I saw:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...oPGQikc6_kmuVQ

They mentioned it on the radio on my way to work this morning.

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 07-31-2012 at 12:15 PM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Please don't call it the 720 that's just annoying, Durango is bad enough.

Focus on Kinect, lack of exclusive titles besides Halo and Gears and nothing special in the hardware department. I've already decided I'll probably just stick with PC gaming next gen. PS4 will probably be a thousand dollars or more and the Wii U doesn't look good so far. Meh.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

I kind of like the name Xbox 720.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #10
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

I really don't care what the name is as long as the games for the system are good

Wii U is probably going to be the best out of the three for next gen. I'll probably use Wii U, 3DS, and PC the most.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 07-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Always online, and built in Kinect... I don't want to put on my tin foil hat here, but I betcha somewhere in the 116 page T.O.S. that nobody will read, there will be a small line about signing over your rights to privacy in your own home.
kong on Bronies:

Old 07-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #12
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

I would hate the idea of - my internet is out therefore I can not play the games that probably cost me close to $1000 for no other reason than the company cares more about protecting their interests instead of the consumers.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

I have a good internet connection and this wouldn't be an issue for me but I really hate this idea. It's bad enough for PC games but on a console? Just too far. Lots of people use their consoles offline and they'll be just dismissed as collateral damage.

@Chris- That zombie game looks awesome but what else makes you think it will be good?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CrispyChicken

@DB- I never said it would be good. I'm just assuming it's going to be the best out of the three.

I'm sure Nintendo will put some games out there I'll really like.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 07-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I hope Nintendo doesn't just release more of the same, I'm tired of Mario.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

I'm not. I guess because I got into gaming when the Gamecube was released

Old 07-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #17
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

+1 (+1/-0)     

The always online is really retarded and is a horrible precedent. (it's been going on for a while with various other games but that's besides the point) This, along with making you pay for online gaming on top of your internet, should be enough to put them out of the console wars once and for all. But the youthful idiocy of the gaming community probably won't bat an eye.

Could you imagine if a popular DVD player all the sudden implemented "always online" to combat piracy? I don't think they'd move very many units.

Comments

good analogy
kong on Bronies:

Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #18
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

By making the console always online it's just asking for more technical issues. I guarantee people will be fuming about things going wrong because of a disruption in their connection. ME3 has a thing like this because of EA and it ruined my game, completely unplayable. It's been several months and still no fix. This kind of thing will only get worse.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #19
Donor
597 posts
fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22
Level up: 10%
Level up: 10%, 722 Points needed Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

fungusman

Cool 2011 pc build bro.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #20
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclechicken View Post
Hack their built in webcams? thats a good idea.

Should be easy enough to do if its always on.
Or we could go chat roulette style, 24/7 masturbation.
kong on Bronies:

Old 08-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
247 posts
SMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsSMASH radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,569, Level: 22 Points: 6,569, Level: 22 Points: 6,569, Level: 22
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 681 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

SMASH

get this

NEOGEO X GOLD Portable Gamer Includes TV Dock and Arcade Stick - Mobile Magazine
"What do you mean how, because I'm Billy Mitchell." Haters gonna hate
Old 08-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #22
6,652 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

joz

I got a Wii this year and will probably get the PS3 later this year. I really don't see myself spending over 500 bucks on a system ever. Besides, I kinda enjoy looking through the massive collection of pre-owned games on the cheap and brand new games for 20 bucks. You can't beat that.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #23
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

That Neo Geo deal suddenly sounds pretty sweet, pretty really sweet.
kong on Bronies:

Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #24
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

NO SIR, I don't like it, not one bit.
And I don't care how many bits it actually has, either.

What kind of nonsense are they turning Gaming into? - this is unforgivable!

Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #25
New Poster
6 posts
Somegamer786 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
Level up: 26%
Level up: 26%, 56 Points needed Level up: 26% Level up: 26%

Somegamer786