Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Retro Uprising Support Questions and answers about Retro Uprising.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Support > Retro Uprising Support

Old 05-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Regular Poster
2,122 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24
Level up: 85%
Level up: 85%, 125 Points needed Level up: 85% Level up: 85%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

TodayIsForgotten

Multiple Monitors and config for RU

I have 3 monitors (two computer monitors and a tv). I have a Crossover Korean 2560x1440 monitor that is as barebones as one can get. The problem i am having is even though it shows as the primary monitor. It never opens up Mame. Mame either opens on my 2nd monitor or the TV.

I found CUsers\%user%\Local Settings\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Temp\arcadeox\coinopF

But i can't seem to find the cfg files. Can someone point me to the correct path to edit mame.ini

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Think i found it. In the low folder...we'll see.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
931 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,248, Level: 25 Points: 9,248, Level: 25 Points: 9,248, Level: 25
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 502 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason L. Davis

Jason L. Davis

Re: Multiple Monitors and config for RU

The way I have experienced it was when ever a program or app ( whatever I may be using ) pops up its in a certain spot , You have 3 monitors so for instance if DS3 Tool was running and it poped up to the bottom left hand part of the screen that program would show up on that 1st monitor all the way to the left. Position Equality from one monitor to however many you may have.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-gif-wrestling.gif
Old 05-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
Regular Poster
2,122 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

TodayIsForgotten

I don't understand what you mean. Yes. Windows will remember locations of windows on the OS side, but this korean monitor doesn't follow specs from the defacto standards. It never shows as the main monitor even though it is shown as the main monitor. I have to go into mame and change the display to display 2 for it to open on my main monitor. On RU it will always open on monitor 2 or 3 and never monitor 1 (main). I need to find the config file for it.

I did not find it in local data.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
931 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,248, Level: 25 Points: 9,248, Level: 25 Points: 9,248, Level: 25
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 502 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason L. Davis

Jason L. Davis

check your roaming
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-gif-wrestling.gif
Old 05-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

In Windows 7 and 8
  • Win+Shift+Left arrow: Move window to the monitor on the left
  • Win+Shift+Right arrow: Move window to the monitor on the right
Old 05-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #6
Regular Poster
2,122 posts
View Stats

TodayIsForgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
In Windows 7 and 8
  • Win+Shift+Left arrow: Move window to the monitor on the left
  • Win+Shift+Right arrow: Move window to the monitor on the right

Kong. Would this show as a pause though? I've had games denied because i was dragging windows over.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

I don't know. I don't have multi monitors right now. Test it out and ask a mod to check.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #8
Donor
111 posts
ebinsugewa is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 7
Points: 742, Level: 7 Points: 742, Level: 7 Points: 742, Level: 7
Level up: 43%
Level up: 43%, 58 Points needed Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

ebinsugewa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
Kong. Would this show as a pause though? I've had games denied because i was dragging windows over.
I'm pretty sure it will, I've had problems with this before in the past as well.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 217 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

Barra

I believe what Kong has outlined above wont cause the window to pause (and hence not register one). TIF did a test submission and no pauses were registered.
I think its similar to using alt+tab to change windows.

Ill set up another monitor later today and test it too.